Mertz says we're trash there's no need to get ready

I’m not scared, just being realistic. Teams improve the most between Week 1 and Week 2. Florida’s best chance to beat a Miami is in week one. Our offense with Ward will continue to mesh as the season continues; the only real variable is how well it has meshed during summer camp.

Miami’s roster is stronger on paper than Florida’s, and Ward gives us a significant advantage. Our likely weakest point (DB) is not as likely to be exploited by a Florida team that can only field a weak passing attack.
Florida passing game is their strength:
Graham Mertz: YDS 2,903 TD 20 INT 3 QBR 69.3

The running game is weak and their best RB portal'd out.

Advertisement
Yep, total cluster**** over there. That doesn’t mean we should be ****y and approach this game in a supercilious manner. We haven’t earned the right do so. We haven’t proven anything to anyone under Mario.

And yet, confidence and ****iness are two distinct traits. The expectation is that this year, we’ve finally got some real toys to play with. Who knows, we’re probably not done adding talent to this roster.

I truly expect to win this game by 10+ after a feeling-out process early on, and we start the season in a high note.

Until proven otherwise, we need to take every single game seriously including vs. decent FCS and mediocre G5 opponents. Every snap is precious, every win is the most important win. And there is no greater motivator than going up against UF to open up the season.

I also expect to win this game by more than a TD as we pull away in the second half. Not having the game come down to the last series would be a nice change.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Mertz speaks that way to our boy J Harris!?
christopher walken GIF

You do it again.. l'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron... Does your mother sew!?? BOOM! GET HER TO SEW DAT!!!

Advertisement
Back