Marley Cook: "It's on now"

Is this an "Under the Barbell" hype thread?

Got a DM saying several dudes on here give out free T shots behind the Walgreens on NE 54th in Little Haiti every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I, personally, was not interested...however, relaying the information for those that would be.

Advertisement
View attachment 284937

Rugby guy gonna have a heart attack at that last part
star wars GIF

It’s only funny because we ultimately got Cam. I realize it was more Smith related but having the transfer bat signal at the time when it was happening really ****ed everything up 😂
Love to joke about it now, but the timing couldn’t have been worse. Honestly wouldn’t trade it for anything though, those 2 hours after Ivins & Cribby stated Miami was “in communication” with JJs team was the most “back” I’ve felt since ND game

Advertisement
Love to joke about it now, but the timing couldn’t have been worse. Honestly wouldn’t trade it for anything though, those 2 hours after Ivins & Cribby stated Miami was “in communication” with JJs team was the most “back” I’ve felt since ND game
Cribby said “I think we get him” and I’ve never had a man say something that made me feel that way

Advertisement
You guys think we would have gotten Smith if Ward had committed to us that first week? I like to think we would have.

Advertisement
I’m very familiar with powerlifting especially in competition with (3) certified judges one in front and one judge on both sides .

This dudes squat is “ legit “he broke parallel and would that would be a good legal squat anywhere in any competition.

Bench “ not “ legitimate and would draw (3) red flags.
Yes it was 500 lbs but NO BODY can touch the bar PLUS he bounces bar off chest , bar MUST pause STOP then power up till lockout.
His real bench is around 450 in competition.

Love to see his deadlift usually it’s very close with that squat his pull is around maybe 710 MAX.

Overall for a teenager kid and that kind of poundage is ANIMAL PURE BEAST .

This kid is HIGHLY ranked nationally in powerlifting in teenage division

In (4) years healthy 800 plus squat real possibility

BEAST
This is football not a competition. Bounce or not it’s awesome. In a competition he would have a lifting shirt

Advertisement
I’m very familiar with powerlifting especially in competition with (3) certified judges one in front and one judge on both sides .

This dudes squat is “ legit “he broke parallel and would that would be a good legal squat anywhere in any competition.

Bench “ not “ legitimate and would draw (3) red flags.
Yes it was 500 lbs but NO BODY can touch the bar PLUS he bounces bar off chest , bar MUST pause STOP then power up till lockout.
His real bench is around 450 in competition.

Love to see his deadlift usually it’s very close with that squat his pull is around maybe 710 MAX.

Overall for a teenager kid and that kind of poundage is ANIMAL PURE BEAST .

This kid is HIGHLY ranked nationally in powerlifting in teenage division

In (4) years healthy 800 plus squat real possibility

BEAST
Competed in USPA/USAPL as a teenager a few years back. I’ll never understand these D1 football S&C coaches encouraging bouncing the bar off the chest while the spotter literally pulls the bar up. Seen it a thousand times

Competed in USPA/USAPL as a teenager a few years back. I’ll never understand these D1 football S&C coaches encouraging bouncing the bar off the chest while the spotter literally pulls the bar up. Seen it a thousand times
Bounce is a lack of confidence looking for an edge .
Sign of weak auxiliary training the smaller muscles to stabilize weight almost all tend to leave out the small muscles training.

Always when the first signs of bounces you should penalize your self drop back 20-30 pounds and work auxiliaries again not only to build muscle mass to hand the weight but to build your mental confidence to achieve.

This STUD will never increase his bench he is stuck at a wall mentally and physically .

He has a 600 pound bench in him but 4/5 years to get there.

Every time after a competition I’d take 2 weeks off the train with body builders and start with super lightweight very high reps to build muscle conditioning to prepare for the heavy weight s coming in the coming 10-12 months.

Sometimes it took me a year to increase 10 pounds in my lifts .

Any this is the s little taste of what training is .

GOCANES

so squatting more weight now equates to getting hurt? Wtf am I reading.

Tell me, what advantage will a football player get from regularly doing a one-rep Max lift of that magnitude for an exercise that puts alot of stress on the knees and spine? Especially considering the form employed by many of these athletes. Nothing wrong with an athlete pushing the body on these lifts, but once you're squatting 600plus what's the point of pushing it?

Tell me, what advantage will a football player get from regularly doing a one-rep Max lift of that magnitude for an exercise that puts alot of stress on the knees and spine? Especially considering the form employed by many of these athletes. Nothing wrong with an athlete pushing the body on these lifts, but once you're squatting 600plus what's the point of pushing it?
I mean are you doing it during season? That was during Spring lifts where your body has time to recover. If that’s not the case then yes it’s very detrimental to player performance and injury. Had the fortune or un fortune for playing O’Leary at ucf where it was punitive during season for not being fyzical.

Not arguing the point going past 600. More of a mental thing or morale thing knowing you can do it. Again you’re probably doing a max once or twice in off season workouts or max out days for pr.

Don’t want to alert the rugby guy I don’t know the nuisances of UM’s strength program but I had two different strength staffs come through. The second was less emphasis on benching more on Olympic lifts but not extreme weight. Enough to build explosiveness and muscle endurance.

All depends on philosophy from the top down. Everyone makes arguments for their specific program.
Honestly my favorite so far has been feely. Thought you saw noticeable conditioning especially in the 4th.

Advertisement
Back