Coaching Mark Stoops

Advertisement
Advertisement
So is Blake Baker & his LB coaching going to get Mark Stoops hired in Miami? Manny playing Chess & not checkers by sending Blake to LSU

1633830851999.png

LSU hasn't been a good win in the past two years. They sold their soul to the devil for a championship and are basically just playing out the season before moving on from Ed Orgeron.
Must’ve been what Miami did for the 2001 season. 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
Currently has a Top 15 Class.... If Mario or Lane says no, we would be foolish not to make a run at Stoops
I tentatively agree with some of the other posters here that we'd never let Stoops develop a new program here. Even with gradual, consistent progress, a lot of people would be calling for his head after 2 seasons and no ACC championship.

He wouldn't be a **** hire but I think he could do well. Kentucky was an absolute bottom-feeder and he has turned them around.

Advertisement
I tentatively agree with some of the other posters here that we'd never let Stoops develop a new program here. Even with gradual, consistent progress, a lot of people would be calling for his head after 2 seasons and no ACC championship.

He wouldn't be a **** hire but I think he could do well. Kentucky was an absolute bottom-feeder and he has turned them around.
I think we would win 9 games immediately with Stoops. He will turn out defense around pretty fast and we already have enough talent on offense to be successful.

I honestly don't think he would take a long time to win here.

Look, if we're honest with ourselves, I think we all know that the HC who would win the most games in the first season, is Lane. But, I would be thrilled to have M Stoops as our HC!! Thrilled!

He's learned how to be a HC in the SEC. He has built up a program and knows how to handle the office of HC.

Honestly, I've sort of gotten to the place where I almost see him equal with Lane/Mario and sometimes think he really would be the best choice out of the 3.

I think we would win 9 games immediately with Stoops. He will turn out defense around pretty fast and we already have enough talent on offense to be successful.
And, although I think he is very smart and would make good decisions on coordinators, much like the others, he needs to have the encouragement and guidance from ZO, or whoever is in charge of football and be able to overpay for stud coordinators. You surround him with stud coordinators on both sides of the ball and he can shoot to the top very quickly.

Advertisement
Guess that answers if he's serious about actually winning anything. Guy probably has the cushiest gig in America
There was a report that he was interested in our job, but obviously we're still ******* around.

I bet he got tired of waiting - and knew he was Option C at best - so resigned where he's wanted.

Advertisement
Back