Mark Dantonio

Advertisement
Last edited:
Dantonio - isn't he Big Ten? Where many here see Al Golden as being?

Nah. Again, this is Miami, not Big 10.

Advertisement
Dantonio - isn't he Big Ten? Where many here see Al Golden as being?

Nah. Again, this is Miami, not Big 10.

lmfao.....seriously? guy is one of the best coaches in football. Runs the 90's Miami 4-3 defense. Came up under Saban, and his "big10" mentality cost us a title in 2002 when his defense stopped our unstoppable offense in the Fiesta Bowl.

I guess Urban Meyer is a Big10 guy too huh? Saban came from MSU as well, I guess he's Big10.

Last edited:
Like I said in another thread, make the calls and get a feel for who is interested. No matter how far fetched. The next hire has to be a home run so you get on the phone and call nick saban, les miles, Charlie strong, dantonio, Pruitt, Kirby Smart, Patterson, Hudspeth, McElwain, etc. leave no stone unturned. My point is, don't ******* settle for a Mario Cristobal or schiano, make calls and see who is interested and get the best possible guy you can get.

No way Dantonio comes here. He makes close to $4M. We aren't going to pay Golden's, pay Dantonio's Buyout, and pay him double what we pay Golden. Just not going to happen, and everyone can give up on that happening right now. Just start hoping for Narduzzi (MSU DC) instead....

He is in a GREAT spot right

Miami fans need to realize that this isn't a destination job...not gonna get the A list of coaches to come here

That's why it's more likely that a former Coordonator or small school successful coach will get a chance here...

I refuse to believe that Miami isn't a desirable job for these reasons:
1. Recruiting is amazing
2. History & Tradition
3. Our roster is very very good
4. Brad Kaaya
5. You get to live in one of the most beautiful cities in America.

You sound like Al Golden... ha

Advertisement
God we have soft shoulder moron fans.

He will NEVER win a title at MSU. Never. He will never be a national brand at MSU, EVER. The season he produced in 2013 was the best that program had in decades, and it's the ceiling.

Secondly, people need to stop with the little sisters of the poor nonsense. Miami has ungodly money if it wants to spend. Buyouts are easily negotiated and Al would probably get another gig immediately, eliminating his buyout.

Fans like this are the reason the University thinks it's ok to go for garbage b/c they are suckers. "Oh poor UM we can only afford the DC at Utah State". BULL****. We paid for Superbowl Winning coordinators and major conference Head Coaches before we had success, before the ACC and it's automatic monies. Stop spreading myths about UM being poor!!!

God we have soft shoulder moron fans.

He will NEVER win a title at MSU. Never. He will never be a national brand at MSU, EVER. The season he produced in 2013 was the best that program had in decades, and it's the ceiling.

Secondly, people need to stop with the little sisters of the poor nonsense. Miami has ungodly money if it wants to spend. Buyouts are easily negotiated and Al would probably get another gig immediately, eliminating his buyout.

Fans like this are the reason the University thinks it's ok to go for garbage b/c they are suckers. "Oh poor UM we can only afford the DC at Utah State". BULL****. We paid for Superbowl Winning coordinators and major conference Head Coaches before we had success, before the ACC and it's automatic monies. Stop spreading myths about UM being poor!!!

Or maybe we have all just paid attention the last 2 coaching searches. Have you? We're not saying the university IS poor. We are saying we act like it. Deal with it.

Advertisement
Why would any of the top coaching candidates out there come to UM when they can get full admin support from a place like Florida, Michigan, or Nebraska? All jobs that will most likely be open by season end. Miami would be the ****** in the room next to Einstein. Times have changed in college football and Miami has been way behind the power curve. You can win at those places just as easily as you can win here in todays climate. If Miami wants to be on top again then they need to makes some serious commitments to the football program.

Advertisement
Here's the press release from the university itself you ****ing momo

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/022514aac.html

Your list is nonsense.

sure, USAToday on the front of Yahoo and Google is nonsense......

Considering the Michigan State press release contradicts their list, I'd say it's 100% nonsense.

Up until the recent bump Dantonio was one of the lowest paid coaches in the Big10. But don't let actual press releases get in the way of some random incorrect list you found.

Here's the press release from the university itself you ****ing momo

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/022514aac.html

Your list is nonsense.

sure, USAToday on the front of Yahoo and Google is nonsense......

Considering the Michigan State press release contradicts their list, I'd say it's 100% nonsense.

Up until the recent bump Dantonio was one of the lowest paid coaches in the Big10. But don't let actual press releases get in the way of some random incorrect list you found.

I'm sure USAToday completely bypassed your article on purpose.....

Advertisement
Back