Coaching Mario speaks on Joe Rose

Also, Mario clearly pointed at the UGA and Bama style offense not working bc of roster transition. So when he gets his players, we can expect him to to back to that idea he has of those offenses.

Bama just hired Reese and UGA Mike Bobo. Both OCs that this board hates.

That is a bit concerning to me in the future. I can only hope he changes his mind by having success with Dawson, or that our talent level is so high that we can do what we want like Bama and uga.
So just to be clear you want him to stray away from the teams that have perrennial championship level offenses?

Advertisement
My opinion is every Coaching staff Mario faced last year would have won more games with last years Canes Roster

Mario brings nothing but improved Oline play

I agree with that.

Obviously the staff didn't gel and there was a disconnect. We had, on paper, a solid staff. Even if some were at the twilight of their career.

Still, you as the head coach have to find a way to come together and make the most of what you have. NFL talent wasn't here, okay, so what do you do to maximize what you do have.

They all failed miserably. I don't want to hear no NFL talent excuses, ****, we barely played D1 football last year. Roster isn't that bad and the guy we fired showed you can do better with what was here. There is no excuse for last year, none, zero.

My opinion is every Coaching staff Mario faced last year would have won more games with last years Canes Roster

Mario brings nothing but improved Oline play
i was always the opinion that even if Saban was coach we would lose alot of games, I said that when Manny was coach and i firmly believe that. If the roster isnt in place and its bad your not winning in a place like UM. I know Saban did horrific in year one with bama then signed the top class with no opposing threats on the recruiting trail at that time. Now since alot of guys learned from him there are legit threats they know how he does it and he still signed the top class lol.

I think Mario gets it. Sounds like he's not going to handcuff the OC either...

Nice to hear that Jacolby is stepping his level of commitment up...talent was always there, he just has to take the opportunity to be elite on and off the field seriously.
I agree, he gets it.

Can he resolve it? We shall see.

But for those riding him for not just coming out and saying he is worst coach of all time and last year should have got him fired, let him learn his new staff first.

Let’s remember the change he is about to make. Putting together the “all world” staff last year appealed to all of us until that all world staff took a ******* collective deuce on the lawn. I believe Mario was as shocked as anyone, he is human after all, $80 million or not.

He is now going the hungry up and comer route at OC and DC. More career in front of them than say a Strong or a Steele, and more motivation to make this thing work.

Personally, I will reserve judgment until after year 3, despite how embarrassed and furious I was about last year.

who do u blame when a DC calls a play for your DB to man up on a wr and gets beat on a go route? What type of person are you a blame the player or blame the coach. In every sport to me it boils down to the guy in control, boxing, NHL, NFL, NBA etc. Players are in control more they out there, in cfb its a talent acquisition sport. Is strategy important yea but in college players are more important because u can get so many in 1 cycle. In the league u got one thats it in college u have 25+ first round picks at your disposal yearly. I always want to fire a coach based on what hes bringing in cause wins in CFB doesnt bring u talent that myth was just debunked for the 100th time.

Advertisement
So just to be clear you want him to stray away from the teams that have perrennial championship level offenses?
That is not what I said, but since you're making a good attempt at twisting my words here, let me return the favor.

So just to be clear, you would have been happy if Mario hired Reese or Bobo instead?

That is not what I said, but since you're making a good attempt at twisting my words here, let me return the favor.

So just to be clear, you would have been happy if Mario hired Reese or Bobo instead?
If Mario starts signing the players Kirby and Nick are signing he could dig up Tom Landry to call plays. This air raid CIS craves has gotten 1 team to the championship game. I didn't twist I looked for clarification.

While I wish he would have just publicly admitted he completely dropped the ball on hiring a staff, I’m ok with the fact that he’s trying to make it right. Bottom line is he went 5-7 with the same team Manny Diaz went 7-5 with. No more excuses

If Mario starts signing the players Kirby and Nick are signing he could dig up Tom Landry to call plays. This air raid CIS craves has gotten 1 team to the championship game. I didn't twist I looked for clarification.
But he’s not. Our #7 class is nowhere near the classes that Kirby and Saban signed. So maybe instead of just trying to out talent everyone when you’re nowhere near that level, how about actually trying to coach a little? Maybe if one day Mario signs three straight #1 classes, he can stop caring about good coaching but until then he should care about it

Advertisement
But he’s not. Our #7 class is nowhere near the classes that Kirby and Saban signed. So maybe instead of just trying to out talent everyone when you’re nowhere near that level, how about actually trying to coach a little? Maybe if one day Mario signs three straight #1 classes, he can stop caring about good coaching but until then he should care about it
Shoulda coulda woulda does not mean shxt, but…. the ‘23 class was Rashada and McClain signatures from being very close to the classes Kirby and Saban signed. Won over playmakers favoring OSU & Clemson. This class had a bunch of guys the top programs wanted. & others such as Webb + McClain who flipped late.

Last edited:
Shoulda coulda woulda does not mean shxt, but…. the ‘23 class was Rashada and McClain signatures from being very close to the classes Kirby and Saban signed. Won over playmakers favoring OSU & Clemson. This class had a bunch of guys the top programs wanted. & others such as Webb + McClain who flipped late.
It was a good start but fans need to drop this weird idea that he’s going to recruit so well that he can just not care about coaching hires

It was a good start but fans need to drop this weird idea that he’s going to recruit so well that he can just not care about coaching hires
Didn't say he will. I said if he did. It's a lot easier to hire a dud and overcome it if roster is stocked full of 1st rounders.

Advertisement
Didn't say he will. I said if he did. It's a lot easier to hire a dud and overcome it if roster is stocked full of 1st rounders.
That’s true. Interested to see how Alabama and Georgia look on offense this year. Reese and Bobo are going to have to try to ***** that up

If 2023 goes well I will be very thankful for Tyler. In this era a kid of his caliber is leaving given everything that just happened last year. I hope the turn around happens because he's a true Cane and deserves to see it
Would love to see it become rewarding enough, other players see the pay off, to ride out the storms in life!

Advertisement
Yeah. I thought I heard Mario say or suggest we may lose some more players - and also gain some more players.

Guess after Spring Ball, those not up to snuff will bail and seek greener pastures.
and the thing is what sucks about this u dont have your pick of the litter, u only have portal dudes. Its not like HS when everyone is available, in the portal u just have whos there and that sucks cause u may be left with another jag but u have no choice. or u wait for a special player but they arent there bama or uga picked them up.

the idiocy on these boards is astounding. TCU literally has 11 potential draftees including several in the first two rounds!
They have 1st rounder and other late 2nd early 3rd rounders.

That is talented but thats not the type talented team that was being discussed.

Advertisement
Back