Coaching Mario speaks on Joe Rose

Advertisement
Pretty **** accurate, actually. Lol
I used to do something like this with @Dwinstitles as Oddjob and Saban as the target with Feld watching on.

C23F8AF6-1D84-475C-AA81-D0048095741C.gif

It’s limited right now though. I expect him to get CB recruits like I expect OL from Mario. Even if he does it every year, it’s limited. When it’s a really really big problem is if he is able to start pulling players for the trenches. Until he does that I’m not worried beyond knowing he’ll get his CB’s. Even so, he’s in Colorado.

I agree he’ll need to recruit the trenches, because everyone needs a complete team to compete with Georgia and Alabama on a high level. As you pointed out, Mario can’t win at that level with just OL.

At this point, if he’s stealing players from Miami, he’s a problem. We needed CM. He’s elite. We’ve been mediocre to awful at that position for many years.

He’s at Colorado for now…if he improves there, he’ll get bigger opportunities. The bigger opportunities are likely going to come closer to home for us at better programs naturally making him a bigger nuisance…

I agree he’ll need to recruit the trenches, because everyone needs a complete team to compete with Georgia and Alabama on a high level. As you pointed out, Mario can’t win at that level with just OL.

At this point, if he’s stealing players from Miami, he’s a problem. We needed CM. He’s elite. We’ve been mediocre to awful at that position for many years.

He’s at Colorado for now…if he improves there, he’ll get bigger opportunities. The bigger opportunities are likely going to come closer to home for us at better programs naturally making him a bigger nuisance…
losing CM without a replacement hurts the most bc if Jackson ends up leaving, youre stuck w 1 corner that you recruited. that goes back to what we didnt like about Manny (where he portaled kids in to make up for his lack of recruiting in spots).

Advertisement
losing CM without a replacement hurts the most bc if Jackson ends up leaving, youre stuck w 1 corner that you recruited. that goes back to what we didnt like about Manny (where he portaled kids in to make up for his lack of recruiting in spots).
One corner ? Damari Brown and Robert Stafford were our 2023 corners if I recall.

Bottom line is he went 5-7 with the same team Manny Diaz went 7-5 with. No more excuses
Similar, not same. Injuries are always different. Senior classes. Opponents. Momentum, etc.

Unacceptable regardless. Other factors play in though.

All due respect to Mario I have zero confidence in the WRs. The good news is I expect the OL to be vastly improved.

Advertisement
Wait until after spring before coming to that conclusion.
I agree with waiting before jumping to rash conclusions, but I don’t expect a ton without having a coach there to teach them up. Only so much you can do on your own, so while there should be natural improvement…how much?

Think we’ll see them take a leap throughout fall camp.

True to an extent but look at aTm. They have a staph (not staff) of recruiters, loaded up with talent and can’t win. You have to have some guys who can coach as well.
This is where people like Saban, Kirby and Urban get sold short. Recruiting is without a doubt the life blood of the sport but you still have to coach, otherwise people like Zook would have chips.

Advertisement
Seriously, this was a horrendous knock off from Tom Sachs’s Nikes’ Mars Overshoe + Nike SFB Gens (both released in 2018 & 2017 respectively)

My issue w/ Ye is that he credits himself as this genius designer who’s futuristic, & his dumb *** fan boys don’t realize 80% of his designs have been inspired by designers b4 him. He just switched this & that, but he’s far from original.
The thing is that he is a failed designer. He was hanging on for dear life to Virgil’s coattails while also being jealous af of him. It’s funny because Ye put him on and got surpassed by him almost immediately while working for him. Always loved his music and the shoes sold off the strength of that.

Last edited:
The thing is that he is a failed designer. He was hanging on for dear life to Virgil’s coattails while also being jealous af of him. It’s funny because Ye put him on and then surpassed him almost immediately while working for him. Always loved his music and the shoes sold off the strength of that.

Exactly; both Virgil & Jerry Lorenzo surpassed Ye in creativity and original concepts.

The greater majority of Ye’s designs were inspired well b4 him. Whether that’s the ripped clothing concept, the chunky shoe concept, the combat/futuristic boot concept, or even his Yeezy Slide Concept (see Crocs). What kills me r his fans that think he’s so innovative. But, then again, since he’s polarizing, ppl r more adept in being drawn to those who have a cult like personality.

I missed the old Ye, & I have to imagine if Donda was still alive, we would see that side.

I like Colbie young a lot but not sure he’s a #1, and that’s what we need to scour the portal for.
If Colbie and TVD realize they were the only ones clicking at times, and smart (believe they are), they must be putting in some work together outside of typical practices. X and Young + a TE w/ consistency would make for a big year for us.

Advertisement
This is where people like Saban, Kirby and Urban get sold short. Recruiting is without a doubt the life blood of the sport but you still have to coach, otherwise people like Zook would have chips.

People like Zook do have championships. Just not Zook himself.

Larry Coker. Coach O. Les Miles. Gene Chizik.

Exactly; both Virgil & Jerry Lorenzo surpassed Ye in creativity and original concepts.

The greater majority of Ye’s designs were inspired well b4 him. Whether that’s the ripped clothing concept, the chunky shoe concept, the combat/futuristic boot concept, or even his Yeezy Slide Concept (see Crocs). What kills me r his fans that think he’s so innovative. But, then again, since he’s polarizing, ppl r more adept in being drawn to those who have a cult like personality.

I missed the old Ye, & I have to imagine if Donda was still alive, we would see that side.
Most of those fans are young. When you are young you are more likely to be impressed by recycled things because you usually aren’t versed in the history. Look at the new generation in hip hop that thinks a certain sample is original not knowing that it’s already been used multiple times, let alone know where the sample came from. I’m not knocking the youth here either, it just is what it is.

Before Kanye nobody even cared who the main designer at any fashion house even was. Ask anyone to name LV’s previous director before Virgil and it would be crickets. They only know what is in front of them and in that world Ye was original.

Advertisement
Back