Coaching Mario speaks on Joe Rose

Most of those fans are young. When you are young you are more likely to be impressed by recycled things because you usually aren’t versed in the history. Look at the new generation in hip hop that thinks a certain sample is original not knowing that it’s already been used multiple times, let alone know where the sample came from. I’m not knocking the youth here either, it just is what it is.

Before Kanye nobody even cared who the main designer at any fashion house even was. Ask anyone to name LV’s previous director before Virgil and it would be crickets. They only know what is in front of them and in that world Ye was original.

Brother, u literally hit the nail on the head. Well, well said.

Advertisement
@Rellyrell

Would love to see a pic of you decked out in your finest kicks.

:)

You really need to stop.

I realize that your schtick is fake, but the fake *** come-ons really must stop.

Fortunately for you, Relly is a smart guy who can see through your bullcrap, but unforunately in today's society, the most common "reason" given by those who commit hate crimes against *** men is that they feared unwanted harassment.

You need to stop indulging in this dangerous stereotype. I don't care if @Andrew or others find you mildly amusing, acting like you are a *** man coming on to heterosexual men is not funny and there is a long history of that kind of behavior getting people beaten and/or killed.

You really need to stop.

I realize that your schtick is fake, but the fake *** come-ons really must stop.

Fortunately for you, Relly is a smart guy who can see through your bullcrap, but unforunately in today's society, the most common "reason" given by those who commit hate crimes against *** men is that they feared unwanted harassment.

You need to stop indulging in this dangerous stereotype. I don't care if @Andrew or others find you mildly amusing, acting like you are a *** man coming on to heterosexual men is not funny and there is a long history of that kind of behavior getting people beaten and/or killed.

Glad to hear you’re having a wonderful Sunday, friend!

:)

BA9AA452-1B1A-4B7D-B3FA-3A6B4D19A525.gif

This thread derailed into another Deion **** suck fest by a few individuals I wouldn’t expect it from.

Gentleman wtf are you guys falling all over yourself for this guy. He’s not a good coach and hasn’t coached a **** game in P5. You keep bringing up Cormani. The kid plays his position and he doesn’t have a strong male role model in his life to help him make good decisions. Of course he’s going to bounce to an even more unstable program than us. Whenever Deion beats Mario for a lineman and actually puts together a full recruiting class ranked in the top 10 give me a ******* ring.

I figured this **** was going to happen after Deion used Ed’s situation for another self promotion opportunity like he was swooping in to save the day. Surprised it’s taken this long. Other HBCU coaches didn’t like Deion because he’s just as **** crooked as the people running things and self promoter. That’s it.

I vote for changing the Purgatory board to Deion’s Nutsac. That way all messages proclaiming his excellence and how he’s going to be great “if” he does this or “if” he does that can be moved there. That way the poor ******* souls that our banned can be subjected to this torture instead of us regular fan that would rather read about our team and former players.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree on the admission of failure and willingness to evolve.

However, an element of that quote is also what scared and continues to scare a lot of us re: his perspective. While relying on prior experiences is often helpful, you needed to actually see and experience the worst offense in our lifetime to come to the conclusion that some things that worked for you at Oregon and Alabama might not have worked last season?

Let's hope Mario and crew really learned their lessons and that, going forward, we don't have to knock ourselves out head first into the wall to spark adjustments.
That’s easy to play devils advocate against…

Why would I assume something that has worked for me before won’t work for me now?

Outside of Miles non of them recruited like Zook. They inherited great situations and won.

That’s not really the point.

The point is that bad coaches win national championships, because talent can overcome anything.

There’s no reverse example, where a great coach won with average talent.

That’s easy to play devils advocate against…

Why would I assume something that has worked for me before won’t work for me now?
Not sure if you’re serious. If you are, because what worked for you in one environment with different factors and variables might not even be relevant in a new environment.

Advertisement
View attachment 231529

This thread derailed into another Deion **** suck fest by a few individuals I wouldn’t expect it from.

Gentleman wtf are you guys falling all over yourself for this guy. He’s not a good coach and hasn’t coached a **** game in P5. You keep bringing up Cormani. The kid plays his position and he doesn’t have a strong male role model in his life to help him make good decisions. Of course he’s going to bounce to an even more unstable program than us. Whenever Deion beats Mario for a lineman and actually puts together a full recruiting class ranked in the top 10 give me a ******* ring.

I figured this **** was going to happen after Deion used Ed’s situation for another self promotion opportunity like he was swooping in to save the day. Surprised it’s taken this long. Other HBCU coaches didn’t like Deion because he’s just as **** crooked as the people running things and self promoter. That’s it’s.

I vote for changing the Purgatory board to Deion’s Nutsac. That way all messages proclaiming his excellence and how he’s going to be great “if” he does this or “if” he does that can be moved there. That way the poor ******* souls that our banned can be subjected to this torture instead of us regular fan that would rather read about our team and former players.

Geez....when you put it THAT way....

Yes and no.

Yes, quality talent does get drafted.

No, not all quality or even great college talent gets drafted.

There's plenty of quality college players that aren't strong enough, bug enough, or fast enough to get drafted.

We need more talent, yes. We don't need more talent to be competitive in games we lost, got blown out in, or shouldn't have lost. Some of those very teams beat us like a drum, but you wouldn't know it come draft day.

Agreed, even our 2001 team had guys who were key players (James Lewis, Markese Fitzgerald, Sherko, etc) who didn't have NFL careers -- but they were solid, sound, reliable contributors. They weren't stars, but they never hurt the team with bad play.

Last year, we had too many guys who were the antithesis of that. For all the talk of upgrading the front line talent, your non-stars have to at least be guys you can count on and wont be terrible liabilities

Advertisement
Back