Mario Cristobal

He's worse than Golden. I know many people want anyone but Golden, but be careful what you wish for. Mario would be a step back. I'm all for an upgrade if the opportunity presents itself, but Mario is not an upgrade.

Advertisement
I don't get it - he was an unremarkable coach, he is not a coordinator, and he used to wear a tie. Heck of a recruiter but no thanks.

If you all want a cane legacy guy from a good coaching tree, why not CJ? Coached under Payton, head coaching experience - he had a decent year for Tulane last year - and he's a great recruiter. Better than wario

Although he did coach here, CJ is a University of Idaho grad not a cane legacy. CJ is a great recruiter but I'm not so sure he is HC material but IMO neither is Mario.

Naturally I was referring to his coaching stint here. You're right, he doesn't have a lot of head coaching experience but I point to his pedigree at New Orleans - coached under one of the best offensive minds in the league. I think that's saying something.

Anyhow, my suggesting of CJ was in response to people wanting a former cane like Wario. If you're going to take a former cane (alum or coach), go with CJ over Wario.

this place just gets dumber and dumber. so you would take a guy who's HC experience is FIU over a guy that did decent with Rutgers and has NFL experience (albeit unsuccessful)? jesus ******* christ.

i wouldn't take either....

Advertisement
Butch if u want to win now... but with butch he keeps the core and a ton of players would leave... he is no nonsense...

Advertisement
Butch if u want to win now... but with butch he keeps the core and a ton of players would leave... he is no nonsense...

University has morals...won't hire him

You got no morals if you don't want Butch.

Hiring Golden was immoral. Keeping him is an abomination.

Just letting you know you should let the Butch thing go...you think a school comin off sanctions would hire a coach who screwed UNC and got them in a lot of trouble...**** no

Advertisement
Back