Let's examine Coley's TDs:

Pitt - 3
USF - 2
Savannah State - 2
UVA - 1
VT - 1
Duke - 1

He didn't exactly dominate the ACC

Maybe if you keep digging that hole you will find light on the other side --- or you'll bury yourself alive.

Coley is pretty ******* good no matter how much you want to rag on the team.

I like Coley quite a bit. He's as explosive a player as there is but he's got tons to prove to become elite at his position.

He can always improve and needs to continue to do so and be consistent to be elite.

Lot of talent on team. Duke is the only true elite at this time. Coley is outstanding but like any WR, needs a QB. IF one of the QBs can bring it this year, then the WRs will be unreal. Dorset cannot be left without safety help. Coley demands extra man also with good QB. With Duke or Joe in backfield, rest of defense has to focus on them. TEs and any other WR on field should have plenty of open space to catch and run. I can't put Gus in class with Duke and Joe -- he just runs to high.

Defense has added a ton of talent and has no reason to not be really good. We have clearly upgraded everywhere except one spot, the sideline.

The question this year is clearly on the staff's actual coaching ability. I think we have a very classy staff that brings credit to THE U. This year they must bring respect to us. We have been to much a joke. I want an angry, had enough of this crap attitude from the staff. If staff can match players talent level this year, we will put fear back in college football and the next two classes will make a monster in Coral Gables. IF staff can match players' talent.

If you think Miami has a top 10 WR corps then you're living in a fantasy world.

Advertisement
We tend to overrate our talent based upon our knowedge of our own (but nobody else's) heretofore unseen players. WR is probably the only position where I'm comfortable with what we've actually seen. Corner's pretty good on an individual level but the team passing defense has been poorly coordinated which negates whatever talent is there.

Get the **** out of here with this ****.

The only RB who has proven himself on this level is Duke.

The only WR who has proven himself on this level is Dorsett.

Is there talent here? Yes. Are they very good/great? Get the **** outta here.

Stacey Coley disagrees.

1.gif

Haven't seen speed like that from a player since Devin Hester.

Coley makes everyone else look like they're running in slow motion.

I dont want a top 10 wr core until we can stay a top 10 Wr core...

in all seriousness...we are fine at Wr for who we play we can spread the field
can we play in the middle with the big boys...in spring we saw a few glimpses of this..if we can own the middle of the field again we are in good shape

Advertisement
The depth is there at WR but we haven't seen much in terms of consistent production.

Dorsett: 85 receptions, 1261 yards, 7 TD

Walford: 77 receptions, 1077 yards, 7 TD

Waters: 38 receptions, 633 yards, 7 TD

Coley: 33 receptions, 591 yards, 7 TD

Scott: 39 receptions, 552 yards, 3 TD

Lewis: 15 receptions, 144 yards, 1 TD

These guys have all flashed talent but we haven't seen it on a consistent basis.

Advertisement
How many **** sucking years in a row are we going to claim that we have an elite OL, elite WRs, elite DBs? This **** never materializes.

Stacy Coley is a beast and gonna be a future 1st rounder, some people will ***** about anything. Athlon has us as the #11 receiving corp in the country. It's not quite top 10 but to act like it's out of the realm of possibility is silly IMO. I understand you want to rag on anything positive but the WR corp is the least of our worries.

Advertisement
How many **** sucking years in a row are we going to claim that we have an elite OL, elite WRs, elite DBs? This **** never materializes.

I dont recall ever saying that we had elite Dbs last yr. We knew that if 22 and 30 were in the mix too much it might be ugly. And I believe I recall there a fair amount of skepticism last year about the WR's as well. Hurns was solid and Coley stepped up when Dorsett got hurt, but there was some serious concerns regarding Dorsett going into last year as well as Scott. I never said we were elite at those positions, My point was that we are deep in those positions with guys that have relative experience and HAVE in fact flashed some actual ability and shown some serious talent.

But to sit there and bag on Coley of all players just makes you look like a fuggin ******. He showed the same amount of flash that Duke did as a freshman. He was fairly consistent later in the year, and proved he was a LEGIT playmaker from the WR position. He is probably 1b as the best offensive players on this team and your going after him? Scott, Waters, heck even Dorsett I could see you questioning, but not a true soph that was a freshman all american.

The worst part is I actually read through the first two pages and thought you were being sarcastic and no one was noticing your humor. Then you actually came in here serious... and now I am just shaking my head in disbelief..lol

Coley was non-existent in every game except Pitt, USF and maybe UVA.

Making one big play against Duke, VT, Savannah State is nice but he's got a lot to prove this year as a WR.

If this were fantasy football Coley would've been a total bust for 9/13 games

FAU: 2/19
UF: 0/0
Sav St: 3/16
GT: 3/74
UNC: 3/21
Wake: 2/52
FSU: 2/36
Duke: 2/10
UL: 3/32

Well, up until Dorsett and Scott got hurt he was not getting a ton of looks. I can understand 'I would like to see better consistency' But fact is the guy is the most electric wr we have had in a while. He is a better playmaker than TB, Dorsett, heck I'm not sure how far back I would go at least the early/mid 2000's maybe Hester.. whats that like 04? 05? He is right there with Duke in the ways he seems to put the ball in the endzone.. and ten tds as a freshman is a pretty **** good year.

Advertisement
Back