Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

I understand it's the whole what have you done for me lately vs how much salary you're taking up. But at least give the guys 2 years of coaching and development first
"But at least give the guys 2 years of coaching and development first"

It's the players that don't want to wait and get coaching and development for 2 years.

Advertisement
He is in good with lot of coaches. He said some of them convinced him it was going to be a lot crazier than it was. He owned it though.

For those who don't listen, he is probably the most objective show out there and they go year round. He covers nothing but college football too.
It was kind of rhetorical since he explained

I’m a big fan of Josh. He’s as good as it gets right now imo

Plus he loves the U and lifts weights

If he was getting cut, they would have put him in the portal two days ago. They are trying to save him.

I am sure Deion has his brother in his ear telling him he will start at tackle this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So, any chance this surprise Portal paperwork is for grad transfer? Unless undergrad and still talking. Blah.

Advertisement
Bro, do you, @mcnaire2004 and @cway313 have a string trio going where you get together, play the violin and drink WHINE? I understand the skepticism. But **** it's nonstop negative energy. Don't you all want to feel happy at some point?

High School recruiting has been crushing it for two consecutive classes. We got the best transfer QB in the portal, probably a top 5 guy when all is said and done, at least at the college level. We got an all PAC RB who averaged 6.2 yards and a shiit-ton after first contact. We brought in an 800+ yard receiver from Houston ... we have 2700 yards of returning receiving yards counting him, X and George. We brought in Alston and Powell, and Clark. Arroyo is healthy. Our OL is stout. Our DEs and LBs are stout. Our NIL is among best in class ... who would have thought THAT, especially after the Ruiz crash and burn?

Yes, we have a shiity situation at DT and at the moment a mediocre situation at DB. The former is concerning, the latter is going to get fixed. Why all the mopery? You were so optimistic a couple years ago and things are getting better..
Dude… You can’t with them. It’s an act of futility.

If they’re even dudes, they suffer from severe hormonal imbalance, masochistic psyche, need heavy doses of serotonin,or have PVBD (Permanent V*****al Bleeding Disorder).

🫣🫣🫣🫣

Last edited:
In his 2 classes (I don’t count 2022) Mario has signed 30 kids who are 4 or 5 stars per 247.

TWO of those kids are no longer on the roster. Two. Out of 30. Collins and Wayne. What am I missing here? Who is saying push out or “cut” blue chip kids? Who is asking for this?

We are building the roster through HS recruiting. By signing 30 four or five stars and keeping 28 of them (so far) in 2 classes.

What you’re seeing a little more of this year is, frankly, desperation. Mario knows he can’t have a clunker in year 3. And he knows the fastest way to having a good team is to replace the turnover machine we had at QB last year with an elite player. So what did he do? He hid under Cam Ward’s bed for 6 weeks till he got him. And what did that do? Instantly raised the floor and ceiling for this team. Well, ****. We got 28 blue chips in the past 2 years. We got some other good kids. We got an elite QB. I know I HAVE to win this year or I’m pretty much cooked. I gotta dip into the portal a little more than maybe I’d like because I have to win now. I love Robert Stafford, I think he’s a baller. But I can’t risk losing a game because of a true freshman. Get me Hill on Line 1. Fill some holes, etc etc.

This isn’t hard to understand. The landscape of the sport is changing and has changed. Massively. And Mario’s mindset has too because of how poor the first 2 years went, as well as having a 1 year window with a Top 10 player at the most important position in the sport.

ANYONE ELSE COMPLAINING about PROCESSING BLUE CHIP talent … reread this post over and over until it clicks in your head. Otherwise, it’s likely better for society if you accidentally walked off a cliff at this point.

It’s a PURE ACT of GOD you’ve made it in life thus far…. On God!!!!

Last edited:
Lot of soft shouldered pansies in here

Cant Believe Here We Go Again GIF by Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back