Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

George wasn't the #1 on the team last year and wont be this year. Our #1 option is X.
I never said he was a #1, Putting up 800 plus is **** good I think u forgot about TVD being hurt an ****tin the bed end of the year. With a Run first inaccurate QB and a True Frosh being held back. I wanna add Jojo gonna snatch Horton spot his route running right now is better than Horton will ever be!

Advertisement
I’m with you. When you have a QB like Cam Ward (especially for one year), you go all in. I don’t care who you upset or how much money it costs, you do everything in your power to mitigate any potential holes in the offense. And this is on top of not having a true RB1 on the roster, you’d think we’d go extra hard on the passing game.

It’s not my money, so yes I understand it’s easy for me to make a claim like this. But it almost seems like common sense. Wouldn’t you want to do anything and everything possible to give Cam another reliable weapon? Our offense would be borderline elite with another WR1-caliber guy to go along with a top 5 slot receiver in the country and a guy like George who when his head is on straight, can produce WR1 numbers game-by-game? And Horton as WR4, two talented freshmen making noise, not to mention the sophomores…

We’ll see come portal time. I still think if the right guy makes himself available, we’ll pursue. Especially a guy that can stretch the field…now you’ve got George and said WR going deep, opening the middle for Restrepo and the TE’s. Texas gave zero ***** adding Mitchell to their WR core last year, and look what that did to the offense. Oregon gave zero ***** adding Holden, Johnson and Bryant, and they nearly made the playoff.

That’s the attitude Mario needs to have in the portal. I give no ***** about people’s feelings, give me ballers and give me wins.
" if the right guy makes himself available, we’ll pursue."

.... And you think this will happen? Or are you going to complain if we don't get a wr and pretend anyone with a pulse in the portal would fit, and not care at all about cost?

Personally I saw the WRs in portal over summer, doubt there will be ones as good in Spring, and the assume the volume of quality ones will be even lower than that, so the cost won't be worth it. Rb1. Get a DB. As much as we can spend on a DT. That would be my priority

Last edited:
" if the right guy makes himself available, we’ll pursue."

.... And you think this will happen? Or are you going to complain if we don't get a wr and pretend anyone with a pulse in the portal would fit, and not care at all about cost?

Personally I saw the WRs in portal over summer, doubt there will be ones as good in Spring, and the assume the volume of quality ones will be even lower than that, so the cost won't be worth it. Rb1. Get a DB. As much as we can spend on a DT. That would be my priority
I do, based on the comments coming out from National people.

Now will we spend the money? That remains to be seen. But as far as Spring portal tampering and potential entries, I think this could be a wild, wild window.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
So just over 10 days out from the portal opening up…based on what we’ve heard regarding the DB room, the DT room, the RB room and the WR room…

Which position (or positions) do you guys think Mario ends up letting the guys he recruited battle it out, and which positions do you think he goes big portal hunting for?

So just over 10 days out from the portal opening up…based on what we’ve heard regarding the DB room, the DT room, the RB room and the WR room…

Which position (or positions) do you guys think Mario ends up letting the guys he recruited battle it out, and which positions do you think he goes big portal hunting for?
Big Portal Hunting: DT & RB
Medium Portal Interest: CB
Let the Young Kings Play: WR

That's my prediction and not what I believe we need. IMHO, we need one difference maker at all 4 positions.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Big portal hunting meaning Cam Ward level?

Advertisement
Back