Late Kick Josh comes to Miami

Advertisement
Appreciate the knowledge. Good to know about the kidney risks being debunked as that was one of the main reasons I was hesitant to take it while I was playing. I’m only lifting 3-4x times a week now with my goals being mobility, end range strength, and basically not trying to have a complete Dad bod when I hit 30 in two years. I was aggressively training for work a few years back which is when I started taking creatine and it absolutely saved my body from completely breaking down…at least that’s what I think.

I’m in complete agreement about monohydrate creatine. I do the optimum nutrition one, not expensive and it last a long time. Probably the best deal out there in terms of supplements. My protein has almost doubled in price since the pandemic. I do the zero carb iso pure stuff
Yeah the supply chain during Covid absolutely crushed brands. Optimum is backed and owned by a much larger conglomerate so they weathered it a bit better but the price of ingredients skyrocketed. Actually Creatine was one of the biggest and it was hard to find for months. It was crazy because we couldn’t even get plastic bottles from China.

But yeah it’s insane how much protein costs now but I will say the flavors have never been better. Companies send me stuff to try all the time and every protein I get these days is **** good it seems

Yeah the supply chain during Covid absolutely crushed brands. Optimum is backed and owned by a much larger conglomerate so they weathered it a bit better but the price of ingredients skyrocketed. Actually Creatine was one of the biggest and it was hard to find for months. It was crazy because we couldn’t even get plastic bottles from China.

But yeah it’s insane how much protein costs now but I will say the flavors have never been better. Companies send me stuff to try all the time and every protein I get these days is **** good it seems
I’m having PTSD from the protein I used to drink when I was in high school. Absolutely disgusting.

The stuff nowadays is like a milkshake. We’ve come so far

I have never and will never create a TikTok account.

While I love money, I hate fame and despise social media.
I have changed my stance on it over time. It’s like anything else if you use it for good, it’s very powerful. I just avoid the nonsense. The business connections and people I’ve met have been life changing. But you also see why most people these days are miserable and don’t get a **** thing done.

I’m having PTSD from the protein I used to drink when I was in high school. Absolutely disgusting.

The stuff nowadays is like a milkshake. We’ve come so far
Most of the stuff I think we were getting was WPC34 which is concentrate that’s 34% protein

The stuff we get now is 80% protein for concentrates and about 90% for isolates so the quality is leaps and bounds better. Tasted like **** and ruined your stomach 😂

Advertisement
Well I'm caught by another off-season. Whoever has the official list, mark me down as someone who believes Mario will get it done. And we will be better this year.

Watching now. I like how Pate gave him an opportunity to address the staff turnover and Mario was very tactful in his response but you could easily read between the lines.
Recruiting solves all issues this man knows that. Taking a low key shot at the old staff and older staffs but he ain't lying and he's trying to be as respectful about it as possible. I'm sure behind closed doors he keeps it 1000 with the kids on why UM hasn't been good and they agree cause everything is true. Kids don't like that used car salesman sh they know right away, the elite kids see the type of talent we are targeting and know MC knows what he's doing. That's the vision being sold for the future.

Advertisement
Watching now. I like how Pate gave him an opportunity to address the staff turnover and Mario was very tactful in his response but you could easily read between the lines.
Yes… this and addressing the previous “culture”. Very measured with his words.

While I respect it 100%… everytime he’s had to address that in particular I internally scream “SAY IT!!! PLEASE SAY WHAT WE’VE ALL BEEN ABLE TO SEE!!”.

The kidney thing has thankfully been thoroughly debunked

They used to think it did that because it showed increased creatinine levels which are associated with kidney disorders. But science has proved that’s not the case which is why I think it’s blowing up again all over social media

I kinda compare it to gas in your car. Since it gets stored and used when needed when you hit “saturation” you likely don’t need as much every day to maintain. They used to think the “loading phase” was necessary but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

So yeah where the science points right now just 3-5g of monohydrate (don’t pay for those ****ers peddling better Creatine it’s a lie) per day. If you’re a bigger guy that trains incredibly hard then you might need more but no real data to back it up.

Also I advise anyone that’s vegan/vegetarian to consider supplementing Creatine and choline since you’ll miss it in your diets and it’s proving to be critical for long term health.

Any specific creatine monohydrate brand you recommend over others? Or is this one of those "just find the best price" sort of things?

Yep, same here bro. I’m 42 & I’ve transitioned to more calisthenics based training, but I can still incline 80 lbs at a 10-12 rep range.

The heaviest I ever got to dumbbell pressing in the 10-12 range was 105, and I was 27 at the time. This was w/ no spotter. I’ve never been a meat head who had to yell & put up massive amount of weights for show; my goal was heavy weights to struggle w/, but able to control for max pump in targeted areas.

Also, I feel like there should be a pause in all of that, so to be on the safe side, pause.
BIG PAUSE 😂💪🏾

Advertisement
Any specific creatine monohydrate brand you recommend over others? Or is this one of those "just find the best price" sort of things?
It’s a good question

On paper it should be whoever has the price or brand you want to support

The tough part is, especially when Creatine became really expensive and hard to get for manufacturers it’s likely a lot of fake stuff was being sold

The supplement industry actually has a lot of regulations contrary to popular belief, the problem is they are not enforced often enough

Pretty much any brand you buy these days at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe has to adhere to testing so you’re safe there. GNC got in hot water in the past and had to change their processes

I personally buy NutraBio. I’ve been to their facility and it’s beautiful. One of the few companies that make their own stuff. Top quality for sure.

Advertisement
I like how Pate gave him an opportunity to address the staff turnover and Mario was very tactful in his response but you could easily read between the lines.
It was a measured response but felt genuine. Mario is a relationship guy. Handling this past seasons staff turnover with discretion & patience probably goes further in the coaching circles then we even realize. Easy to see why he's highly respected.

It’s a good question

On paper it should be whoever has the price or brand you want to support

The tough part is, especially when Creatine became really expensive and hard to get for manufacturers it’s likely a lot of fake stuff was being sold

The supplement industry actually has a lot of regulations contrary to popular belief, the problem is they are not enforced often enough

Pretty much any brand you buy these days at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe has to adhere to testing so you’re safe there. GNC got in hot water in the past and had to change their processes

I personally buy NutraBio. I’ve been to their facility and it’s beautiful. One of the few companies that make their own stuff. Top quality for sure.

Thoughts on Biotest products off T-nation.

I have changed my stance on it over time. It’s like anything else if you use it for good, it’s very powerful. I just avoid the nonsense. The business connections and people I’ve met have been life changing. But you also see why most people these days are miserable and don’t get a **** thing done.
Yes if it worked for me I'd use it to money.

Watching this made me go to youtube & watch the videos of Mario slamming his headset & laying into the kid at Oregon & laying into KK for spiking the ball after the INT. He is the perfect coach for us. Elite recruiter & disciplinarian who demands respect. He has my full support in this rebuild.

Advertisement
Back