2025 Justus “Jay” Terry 5* DT from Manchester, GA

Jay’s dad is a UM fan and a lot of Leon Searcy’s family is from Manchester, so there is a connection. I agree this will be a difficult flip but not impossible. Mario has been recruiting this kid and has made his rounds to visit. Let’s wait and see if Jay takes an official visit.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Has to play with more violence. He got straight whipped in the state championship game and was blocked one on one and didn’t make one significant play I can remember. And the team they played had a very small o line
I was at that game, I disagree he was definitely getting doubled on blocks and sometimes tripled. Bowden ( championship opponent) flipped the play at the line many times throughout the game to run away from his side.

The two Yutes
joe pesci youths GIF

Advertisement
I was at that game, I disagree he was definitely getting doubled on blocks and sometimes tripled. Bowden ( championship opponent) flipped the play at the line many times throughout the game to run away from his side.
I was there too since I know players on Bowdon. Maybe I was on my phone or getting food. But I didn’t see him getting doubled. But you very well could be right. But I don’t remember any significant plays from him.

Jay’s dad is a UM fan and a lot of Leon Searcy’s family is from Manchester, so there is a connection. I agree this will be a difficult flip but not impossible. Mario has been recruiting this kid and has made his rounds to visit. Let’s wait and see if Jay takes an official visit.
So there are some Kevin Bacon like ties to Miami. I'll add that info to the Recruiting the Deep South Thread. We'll see if that makes any difference in the end.

Kevin Bacon GIF by BuzzFeed

Advertisement
I agree.
But looking at my limited UM Rolodex memory bank, I recall a fat dude with a tie rode a boat to land a dude from Supelo Island that was a damm freak of nature.
View attachment 282733

Edit: My bad. He was recruited before Folden

LOL. The thing with Bailey is he was so "out of the norm" that there wasn't really an advantage for anyone. **** dude lived on an island with a handful of people where they had to ferry to the "mainland." No school could compare with that. LOL

Didn't realize Searcy had family from Manchester. Thanks for that tidbit. I grew up in Troup County. I probably know some of his family since Manchester isn't that big and I made a round or two in that area. LOL

Last edited:
Advertisement
Autry needs to bulk down...lol

But at that size once he hits a sn c program geeesh...auburn geting them a good one

Excited to watch Autry this year to see if he takes things to another level. His highlight tape is nasty but game wise he disappeared in spurts. You know how it is with the big guys; conditioning always plays a factor. He's a great kid though.

Didn't realize Searcy had family from Manchester. Thanks for that tidbit. I grew up in Troup County. I probably know some of his family since Manchester isn't that big and I may a round or two in that area. LOL
Good ol Troup County. I lived in Lagrange for a bit. My brother played basketball for Lagrange before transferring to East Coweta.

Excited to watch Autry this year to see if he takes things to another level. His highlight tape is nasty but game wise he disappeared in spurts. You know how it is with the big guys; conditioning always plays a factor. He's a great kid though.
yea his size in an s&c an movement skills he will be abeast. auburn has 3 dts already locked in something gonna shake loose.

Advertisement
Flipping or landing a SEC country elite lineman would really be a big step. The Autry’s and Terry’s of the world typically stick to that conference.

Didn't realize Searcy had family from Manchester. Thanks for that tidbit. I grew up in Troup County. I probably know some of his family since Manchester isn't that big and I made a round or two in that area. LOL
Yeah I grew up there and know most of his family from Manchester. Troup is near that neck of the woods for sure lol. Troup county head football coach and defensive coordinator are both from Manchester and played ball there.

Yeah I grew up there and know most of his family from Manchester. Troup is near that neck of the woods for sure lol. Troup county head football coach and defensive coordinator are both from Manchester and played ball there.
Yeah I don't know Coach G well because I'm rarely back home but our program has been doing better than we were when I was in school. Back in the day Manchester was tough to handle. They also were tough in basketball. I remember they had a kid in the late 80's that was dunking with ease in middle school and he wasn't very tall at all. It was like dude was on a pogo stick. Lol

Advertisement
Back