2025 Justus “Jay” Terry 5* DT from Manchester, GA

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
25 UGA commit Justus “Jay” Terry offered last February. @DMoney mentioned him in the February 17 Recruiting Bank so this recruitment needs to be monitored for a potential flip.

1708275766232.png

Advertisement
I don't know anything about Manchester, GA, but it seems like this cat belongs in the Deep South thread. Am I correct?

Manchester is a town in Meriwether and Talbot counties in the U.S. state of Georgia, although primarily in Meriwether. The population was 3,584 at the 2020 census,[2] down from 4,230 in 2010. It is the most populous community in Meriwether County

I don't know anything about Manchester, GA, but it seems like this cat belongs in the Deep South thread. Am I correct?

Manchester is a town in Meriwether and Talbot counties in the U.S. state of Georgia, although primarily in Meriwether. The population was 3,584 at the 2020 census,[2] down from 4,230 in 2010. It is the most populous community in Meriwether County
In fairness it sounds like he’s from the “Big City” in Meriwether County

Advertisement
Rural south legit 5 star. Committed to a 2 time in state natty winner that has put dt’s in the league.

Thats a separate level of recruiting rule.
Indeed. I believe this rule from @AUcane covers it and we added it last week.

You can't pull a 4*/5* DT from the Deep South that upper tier $EC schools want.

Indeed. I believe this rule from @AUcane covers it and we added it last week.

You can't pull a 4*/5* DT from the Deep South that upper tier $EC schools want.
I’ve seen the rule. But this also adds the fact that he’s committed to an in state team that’s in the sec and a 2 time natty winner in the last 3 years.
Not to mention they will be in contention to win it again this year.
Would be the most difficult of pulls. The only other scenario imo that would be more difficult is if we were talking about a 5 star qb from the same city and also already committed.
Raiola doesn’t count cause he’s from Arizona.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There's no way in **** we're signing a highly rated kid from Manchester. NO WAY IN ****. I'm the biggest Mario fan there is regarding recruiting but this ain't happening.

There's no way in **** we're signing a highly rated kid from Manchester. NO WAY IN ****. I'm the biggest Mario fan there is regarding recruiting but this ain't happening.
The only obstacle is uga.
I know we stereotype “country boys”. But **** that is a small *** town. I could see the pull to Miami especially if we ball this year.
Just watching g this video I want to move out of there.

Trob said it best “most nfl teams are in major metro areas. If you can’t fight distractions while in college how are you gonna fight off distractions if you’re making millions of dollars in a big city with no classes that you have to attend”.

I know we stereotype “country boys”. But **** that is a small *** town. I could see the pull to Miami especially if we ball this year.

Trob said it best “most nfl teams are in major metro areas. If you can’t fight distractions while in college how are you gonna fight off distractions if you’re making millions of dollars in a big city with no classes that you have to attend”.

So let's examine this pre-NIL statement:

Making millions...check

In a big city...check

No classes...no comment

Advertisement

Lived in GA for 30 years, drove to almost every courthouse on 75, 85, 400 and I-20, and I had NEVER heard of Manchester.

Advertisement
I’ve seen the rule. But this also adds the fact that he’s committed to an in state team that’s in the sec and a 2 time natty winner in the last 3 years.
Not to mention they will be in contention to win it again this year.
Would be the most difficult of pulls. The only other scenario imo that would be more difficult is if we were talking about a 5 star qb from the same city and also already committed.
Raiola doesn’t count cause he’s from Arizona.
Added this to the recruiting laws. #35.

If he doesn't go to uga, he'll go to another similar type program. I'm familiar with Manchester and I just refuse to believe a kid from Manchester will sign with UM over an sec type school. That would be the shocker of the century.

If he doesn't go to uga, he'll go to another similar type program. I'm familiar with Manchester and I just refuse to believe a kid from Manchester will sign with UM over a sec type school. That would be the shocker of the century.
I agree.
But looking at my limited UM Rolodex memory bank, I recall a fat dude with a tie rode a boat to land a dude from Supelo Island that was a damm freak of nature.
1708352247860.jpeg

Edit: My bad. He was recruited before Folden

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back