Jim Larranaga should resign

Advertisement
Staffs that make excuses about injuries are the same coaches that don't have the depth, system or ability to overcome said injuries. The Heat just rolled into Sacramento without three starters and beat a playoff team. It's always a next man up mentality, and yes, pro ball versus college but you never get the sense that this team and staff approaches it through that lens.

All we hear is, 'we were missing Nigel', 'we've only been healthy for x number of games', etc. It's a defeatist mentality and everyone is seemingly ok with losing.
respectfully, this post tells me you know very little about basketball.

carry on.

I don’t get out much so I ask those who do.

Does other colleges like to fire there head coaches every year like we do ?

GOCANES

Please enlighten me as to where I am missing the mark
So UNC should have fired Hubert Davis last year right?

Final 4, preseason #1, didnt make the tournament and was the fastest #1 to unranked team of all time cultivating what many would consider the most disappointing season in program and possibly college basketball history.

He is now leading a top 10 team to a likely ACC title and 2 seed but by your math should’ve been launched into the sun last March.

Advertisement
So UNC should have fired Hubert Davis last year right?

Final 4, preseason #1, didnt make the tournament and was the fastest #1 to unranked team of all time cultivating what many would consider the most disappointing season in program and possibly college basketball history.

He is now leading a top 10 team to a likely ACC title and 2 seed but by your math should’ve been launched into the sun last March.
If Manek didn’t get hot and carry Carolina to the title game in his first year, he wouldn’t still be the coach at Carolina.

That's it. That's the thread. I'm done making excuses for him and his staff. If he wasn't 74 years old and hadn't just taken this team to the Final Four, I'd be calling for everyone's head, but alas. Guy needs to do the graceful and sensible thing before he tarnishes his own reputation.
I think, at the very least, coming off the last 2 seasons and the class he has coming in, he should be able to see next season thru. Not sure what happened with this team, but 2 years of historical success far outweighs 1 poor season.

I think, at the very least, coming off the last 2 seasons and the class he has coming in, he should be able to see next season thru. Not sure what happened with this team, but 2 years of historical success far outweighs 1 poor season.
Plus, we need to see who is truly departing and where and what we do in the portal.

I think coach L has another big run in him. Elite 8 n Final 4 at Miami which let's be honest outside of coach L is a pretty crappy basketball school is amazing.

Advertisement
That's it. That's the thread. I'm done making excuses for him and his staff. If he wasn't 74 years old and hadn't just taken this team to the Final Four, I'd be calling for everyone's head, but alas. Guy needs to do the graceful and sensible thing before he tarnishes his own reputation.
Since you are a newbie I will assume that you are just trying to become part of the community with this thread. But, you are way off. CJL deserves to have the opportunity to fix this. I will note he has made a habit of pulling great players from the portal and this year, well not so much.* Lets see what he does about this because you do not become a HOF coach by just letting it all go to ****.

*I hope this is what happens to FSU football this year after 2 years of successful portal shopping.

You guys said the same thing 3-4 years ago and then we went to the Elite 8 and Final Four. If we're still in this position after next year, we can talk about this.
Two years ago it was a fair discussion after 3 consecutive losing seasons. Yes, the FBI nonsense took its toll, but it was unclear Jim could get over the hump. Agree 100%. Great class coming in. Let's see who declares and portals out and what we do in the portal.

Advertisement
I don't think anyone wants him fired, but some have wondered if he has the grit and determination and energy to build it back up after such a disappointing 2023-2024 season.

Another tough season like this one could push him into retirement after next season.

This season has been a total disaster honestly. Let's see if they can get 100% healthy, and put forth strong effort in ACC tournament.

Two years ago it was a fair discussion after 3 consecutive losing seasons. Yes, the FBI nonsense took its toll, but it was unclear Jim could get over the hump. Agree 100%. Great class coming in. Let's see who declares and portals out and what we do in the portal.
i hope nigel portals out.

wooga needs to be come back refocused. george should return.

Advertisement
That's ridiculous.

A basketball program that had to be resurrected from the ashes after an eleven year hiatus, that had never seen the heights of just LAST year, and a bad season, which was the NORM in Coral Gables after Hamilton, and you want him gone?

With the class we have coming in that can and likely will transfer if he retires....if he wants to stay and try to hit the portal hard for a few more years, he has earned it and I hope he does.

Kind of unrelated and not sure which thread to bring this to, but with all the talk reigniting I figured I'd pose the question. Am I crazy for thinking Bronny would be a solid fit here? We need a true PG next year. We have SG's. Just give us somebody who is athletic, a playmaker, and plays great defense. L's prototype. Give the kid an opportunity to get away from LA for a little bit/change of scenery, but still be in a similar city as back home. Work out in the offseason with some NBA guys, study some film with Spo, and then let L do his thing molding him.
he cant be worse than bensley joseph

Advertisement
Back