Coaching Jahmile Addae gone

Gaby mentioned 1 other candidate: Chris Collins at Kentucky Said it's the only other name he's heard.
What does this have to do with the disappearance of DB Cooper? Stay on topic Gru!

/good info! (stoops knows DB's)

Advertisement
Advertisement
What does this have to do with the disappearance of DB Cooper? Stay on topic Gru!

/good info! (stoops knows DB's)
Saw an interesting documentary where they put together some convincing evidence for who DB Cooper legitimately is… Yes the person they suspect is still alive and retired lawyer to beat.

Advertisement
Hanging with Mr Cooper was so underrated

I saw him do a stand up years back. Hilarious. Afterwards he did like a little Q&A and first person was like “did you **** Holly Robinson Peete?”
Bored GIF

I wasn't alive back then, but dam, those numbers nowadays would have ppl begging for Kyle Wright.

How tf was he a first rnd pick QB back then with those numbers. Way different era I suppose lol.

When you have the opportunity, go to YouTube and have a look at the offenses they were
running in college football back in the 1970s, even up to late 1980s.
People mock Mario's BroBall offenses, but if you take a look at what passed for offense in those
days.
Some teams were the exceptions, most notably BYU under Lavell Edwards and a few west coast
schools like San Diego State, Stanford, San Jose and whichever team being coached by Homer Smith.
Also, Bobby Ross at my alma-mater (Maryland).
Kelly may not have put up numbers like you see in today's game, but he possessed a very strong and accurate
arm.
He was also a tough dude.
A typical westernPA QB coached up by Schnellenberger, Earl Morrall, Gary Stevens, Marc Trestman, etc.
College football used to laugh at the "pass-happy" offenses which were considered "soft" back in the day.
UM was really the first program which proved you can win national championships passing the ball.
But then again, no one else had our athletes starting in the early 1980s.
Compare and contrast Kelly's contemporaries Dan Marino at Pitt, Jeff Hofstetler at WVU, Blackledge at
StatePenn and Boomer Esaison at Maryland.
Aside from Boomer, they were not putting up big numbers either.

Saw an interesting documentary where they put together some convincing evidence for who DB Cooper legitimately is… Yes the person they suspect is still alive and retired lawyer to beat.
See this is why CIS remains undefeated.. I would’ve never had DB Cooper history on my Addae leaving bingo sheet. Very interesting subject!

Advertisement
When you have the opportunity, go to YouTube and have a look at the offenses they were
running in college football back in the 1970s, even up to late 1980s.
People mock Mario's BroBall offenses, but if you take a look at what passed for offense in those
days.
Some teams were the exceptions, most notably BYU under Lavell Edwards and a few west coast
schools like San Diego State, Stanford, San Jose and whichever team being coached by Homer Smith.
Also, Bobby Ross at my alma-mater (Maryland).
Kelly may not have put up numbers like you see in today's game, but he possessed a very strong and accurate
arm.
He was also a tough dude.
A typical westernPA QB coached up by Schnellenberger, Earl Morrall, Gary Stevens, Marc Trestman, etc.
College football used to laugh at the "pass-happy" offenses which were considered "soft" back in the day.
UM was really the first program which proved you can win national championships passing the ball.
But then again, no one else had our athletes starting in the early 1980s.
Compare and contrast Kelly's contemporaries Dan Marino at Pitt, Jeff Hofstetler at WVU, Blackledge at
StatePenn and Boomer Esaison at Maryland.
Aside from Boomer, they were not putting up big numbers either.
For what it’s worth. I did the research.

John Elway 3 year Starter Stanford- 774/1246 62.1% 9349yards 77 tds 39 Ints

Todd Blackledge 3 year Starter PSU
341/658 51.8% 4812 41 tds 41 ints

Jim Kelly 1 year full season 1 almost completed at UM 376/676 55.6%
5228 yards 33tds 28Ints

Tony Eason 2 year starter Illinois
526/856 61.4%
6608 37tds 29ints

Ken O Brien Starter for Div 2 UC Davis. Couldn't find any concrete stats.

He started his college career at Sacramento State, but transferred to UC Davis and played for legendary coach, Jim Socher. Ken flourished at UC Davis leading the Aggies to a perfect 10 -0 regular season record in 1982. He led them to the Division 2 National Championship game. During his senior season he was ranked number 2 in the nation in total offense and number 3 in passing efficiency. During his college career he was selected as All-Far Western Conference quarterback three times.

Dan Marino 4 yr? Starter Pitt
626/1084 57.7% 7905yds 74 tds 64ints

5228 yards 33tds 28Ints

526/856 61.4%
6608 37tds 29ints

He started his college career at Sacramento State, but transferred to UC Davis and played for legendary coach, Jim Socher. Ken flourished at UC Davis leading the Aggies to a perfect 10 -0 regular season record in 1982. He led them to the Division 2 National Championship game. During his senior season he was ranked number 2 in the nation in total offense and number 3 in passing efficiency. During his college career he was selected as All-Far Western Conference quarterback three times.

Nice work, Sir.
Eason was coached up Mike White who I believed had come from Cal-Berkley and, of course, I should have mentioned Jim Sweeney at Fresno State who ran the one-back offense (Erickson was part of Sweeney's coaching tree).

Advertisement

5228 yards 33tds 28Ints

526/856 61.4%
6608 37tds 29ints

MariNo would likely throw for that many yards in 1 season now. Same with Elway and many of the others

Last edited:

5228 yards 33tds 28Ints

526/856 61.4%
6608 37tds 29ints

That senior season killed Marino draft stock. He had 17TDs 22INTs and supposedly was a coke head. It all worked out in the end for him though.

Advertisement
Back