Jackets @ Canes 4pm ACCN

Good stuff.

Kyshawn is a spot up shooter with little to no elevation on his jump shot. Don't know how that'll translate to the NBA. In an NBA game where they actually play tough defense, that step back move won't work like it does in college. He may still be growing height-wise, and still needs to add some weight/strength imo (that'll help with the finishing issue you raised).
He’s got that Sam Perkins jumper lol. He needs to add a lot of skill to his game since he’s not an explosive athlete . He’s probably below average as an athlete for the nba but his length can help with that.

Advertisement
Keyshawn is nowhere near ready and has a very loose handle. He’s a very weak finisher as well. He’s literally a spot up shooter right now. When defenders put pressure on him hie’s vulnerable with his handle. Especially going left. He needs another year badly . Imo him, Wooga and Cleveland should return. I get scouts seeing potential but he needs to add a lot.

Pack should return but as you said he could be over seas.

Omier could take his game to another level with his jump shot improving but it’s more likely he leaves. I don’t see him being a player in the league and definitely no shot for Pack.

I actually like Paul Djobet, he’s a hard worker , blue collar type that could be a good player. He also goes all out on D.

Watson looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane. He looks like an nba player body wise but has zero skill. Him and Casey haven’t shown any improvement since being here.

I still love Nwoku’s potential , we knew he was raw coming in, I think he could end up a very good player by the time he leaves.

So there’s potential with 3-4 of those guys returning , adding a very good class and and a couple portal guy.s. I’d really like to see a true big added who can stretch the floor and legit point guard who can handle the ball.
We definitely need to find a guard who can split the D like Wong whether that is Bethea or a portal guy. Yes maybe that is a point guard too.i think Cleveland should come back to UM one more year but he may leave on potential for NBA.

Someone is going to take a flyer on Kyshawn in the top 30-40 picks. He's gone IMO. In an ideal world, we find a PG in the portal who can handle the ball reliably, be strong defensively at the point of attack and make 3's at a 35%-ish clip. Pack and Bethea would be clunky fits in the same backcourt given how high their usage is/would be. A PG in the Charlie Moore mold would work just fine.

I'm not sure how you make the Wooga-Cleveland-Omier thing work. Ideally Omier and one of Wooga/Cleveland come back to play the 3 and that ends up dictating what else you grab via the portal for the frontcourt. If Omier leaves, I'm really not sure what you do. Either way, I don't think it's in anyone's best interest to try trotting Cleveland out at the 4 again.

We definitely need to find a guard who can split the D like Wong whether that is Bethea or a portal guy. Yes maybe that is a point guard too.i think Cleveland should come back to UM one more year but he may leave on potential for NBA.
Has Cleveland shown you he has NBA game? I haven’t seen it.

Advertisement
our depth/lack of size killed us this whole year (injuries costed us the: Syracuse, BC, Nc state and UNC games at minimum)
Next year should look like this:

PG: Portal/Bethea/Joseph
SG: Wooga//Schwartz
SF: Cleveland/Djobet/Watson
PF: Omier/Johnson-Arigu
C: Portal/Nwoko/Casey

If we can keep 3/5 of Pack/George/Wooga/Cleveland/Omier + at least 1 impactful portal addition at either PG or C we are a tourney team again no questions asked

our depth/lack of size killed us this whole year

If we can keep 3/5 of Pack/George/Wooga/Cleveland/Omier + at least 1 impactful portal addition at either PG or C we are a tourney team again no questions asked
I didn't think you were right on Jan 3 and I don't think you are now. But i HOPE you are right!

Jan 3:
1708926977345.png

Advertisement
Back