Jackets @ Canes 4pm ACCN

Advertisement
Tried to tell y’all about this team about a month and a half ago. Been watching this game a long time and I could see it then.

Advertisement
Wow! Was out of town for this game and missed it but was thinking surely we beat GT at home. Checked the Herald and the comments and I'm like WTF is goin on!?!?

I don't think that Coach L has ever had a team collapse on him before and he can't figure out what to do.

Coach L is a great coach and a competitor or he wouldn't have been this good this long. But the comments about his age will only grow louder if this keeps up. Even great coaches get unceremoniously dismissed when they lose their mojo. He has one more season to figure this out or we're going to watch an old man get pushed off a cliff.

As in all sports its "What have you done for me lately?"

we lost 2 in a row one time that season, that's it (*not sure what u r smokin but save me some)
My apologies, I thought the announcer said that on TV. I must have misheard. This season has been horrible from all angles so that's the main point.

Advertisement
Dan will be hard at work evaluating the future of the program.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

That was a bad brand of basketball:

-Bad situational basketball, taking ill-advised 3 point shots when GT was struggling both on defense & offense.

-Dumb, self-inflicted turnovers that stymied momentum

-The head scratching move to keep Omier on the bench when easy baskets were needed down the stretch

= A gumbo pot for a loss.

GT was 11-16, losers of their last 5 of 6, & Miami said hold my beer, guys. Smh
Watson being the go to guy in key late possessions was much better than playing Omier lol. This team never changes, they play good for spots then look awful for long spurts . A refusal to guard the three point line , constant breakdowns late in the shot clock and anything ft line in being automatic.

Offensively it’s the normal street ball of the past but we don’t have shiot makers like before. Guys that can go get a basket when the shot clock is running down or we need a hoop. It’s all or nothing from the 3pt line , nothing more. Omier rarely gets a post up touch , it’s either a put back or him going 1 v 1 on the big at the top of the key.

It’s been a horrible effort by players , coaches and horrible basketball.

Advertisement
Watson being the go to guy in key late possessions was much better than playing Omier lol. This team never changes, they play good for sports then look awful for long spurts . A refusal to guard the three point line , constant breakdowns late in the shot clock and anything inside the ft line in being automatic.

Offensively it’s the normal street ball of the past but we don’t have **** makers like before. Guys that can go get a basket when the shot clock is running down or we need a hoop. It’s all or nothing from the 3pt line , nothing more. Omier rarely gets a post up touch , it’s either a put back or him going 1 v 1 on the big at the top of the key.

It’s horrible basketball.
Larranaga hasn’t coached this entire season

Larranaga hasn’t coached this entire season
It’s been one of his worst seasons. Sometimes he looks defeated. The roster management has been atrocious as well. I’m intrigued to see what happens going forward . There’s potential to be good next year with the incoming class and a couple guys staying. He’s earned the right to fix this.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s been one of his worst seasons. Sometimes he looks defeated. The roster management has been atrocious as well. I’m intrigued to see what happens going forward . There’s potential to be good next year with the incoming class and a couple guys staying. He’s earned the right to fix this.
Which guys do you even keep? Kyshawn is probably 90-95% NBA bound. Do Omier and/or Pack even want to come back for a 4th year of college ball when they can probably make good money overseas? Cleveland and Wooga probably need another year but beyond them, I don't even think you'd want kids like Bensley, Watson or Casey back.

Which guys do you even keep? Kyshawn is probably 90-95% NBA bound. Do Omier and/or Pack even want to come back for a 4th year of college ball when they can probably make good money overseas? Cleveland and Wooga probably need another year but beyond them, I don't even think you'd want kids like Bensley, Watson or Casey back.
Keyshawn is nowhere near ready and has a very loose handle. He’s a very weak finisher as well. He’s literally a spot up shooter right now. When defenders put pressure on him hie’s vulnerable with his handle. Especially going left. He needs another year badly . Imo him, Wooga and Cleveland should return. I get scouts seeing potential but he needs to add a lot.

Pack should return but as you said he could be over seas.

Omier could take his game to another level with his jump shot improving but it’s more likely he leaves. I don’t see him being a player in the league and definitely no shot for Pack.

I actually like Paul Djobet, he’s a hard worker , blue collar type that could be a good player. He also goes all out on D.

Watson looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane. He looks like an nba player body wise but has zero skill. Him and Casey haven’t shown any improvement since being here.

I still love Nwoku’s potential , we knew he was raw coming in, I think he could end up a very good player by the time he leaves.

So there’s potential with 3-4 of those guys returning , adding a very good class and and a couple portal guy.s. I’d really like to see a true big added who can stretch the floor and legit point guard who can handle the ball.

Roster management has been bad because recruiting evaluations could not have been more "off." Casey, Watson, and Jakai simply can't play in this "4-5 Out" system.

None of them are remotely accurate perimeter shooters, nor are they effective slashers to the rim. In other words, they are total non-factors on offense, i.e., unplayable.

Keyshawn is nowhere near ready and has a very loose handle. He’s a very weak finisher as well. He’s literally a spot up shooter right now. When defenders put pressure on him hie’s vulnerable with his handle. Especially going left. He needs another year badly . Imo him, Wooga and Cleveland should return. I get scouts seeing potential but he needs to add a lot.

Pack should return but as you said he could be over seas.

Omier could take his game to another level with his jump shot improving but it’s more likely he leaves. I don’t see him being a player in the league and definitely no shot for Pack.

I actually like Paul Djobet, he’s a hard worker , blue collar type that could be a good player. He also goes all out on D.

Watson looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane. He looks like an nba player body wise but has zero skill. Him and Casey haven’t shown any improvement since being here.

I still love Nwoku’s potential , we knew he was raw coming in, I think he could end up a very good player by the time he leaves.

So there’s potential with 3-4 of those guys returning , adding a very good class and and a couple portal guy.s. I’d really like to see a true big added who can stretch the floor and legit point guard who can handle the ball.
Good stuff.

Kyshawn is a spot up shooter with little to no elevation on his jump shot. Don't know how that'll translate to the NBA. In an NBA game where they actually play tough defense, that step back move won't work like it does in college. He may still be growing height-wise, and still needs to add some weight/strength imo (that'll help with the finishing issue you raised).

Advertisement
Back