Coaching Horror Show

Do you defend Josh Gattis and this Offensive Scheme

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
His best play call of the season was the last play yesterday...where Jake ran it in and also had 18 open. Not sure why we havent utilized that play more often in the red zone. I know TVD is bit less athletic but there is no rhyme or reason to this offense. Next please.
Because Mario shi*s himself on every offensive play that isn’t a safe run down the middle…yes he is that conservative

His best play call of the season was the last play yesterday...where Jake ran it in and also had 18 open. Not sure why we havent utilized that play more often in the red zone. I know TVD is bit less athletic but there is no rhyme or reason to this offense. Next please.
TVD has plenty of athleticism to do what Jake did. He's run it plenty when needed. This narrative about TVD is another fairy tale.

People putting this on Mario are having selective memory. He was going after guys like Dorsey and Brady before jumping on Gattis late. Mario's philosophy isn't schematic, it's cultural -- identify kids with god-given athletic traits, recruit the ones who are leaders on and off the field, build a team that's professional, disciplined and determined, play smashmouth football, go 100% on every play, impose your will on your opponent.

Those aren't synonymous with 3 yards and a cloud of dust. You can be up tempo with lots of spread concepts and still be ideologically attuned with a Mario offense.

The guy just chose the wrong hire. It happens. The question now becomes -- what's next? How do you deal with Gattis, how do you attract a better coordinator schematically, how do you save recruiting. I really hope there's a big name coming this off season. We need it.

Advertisement
Back