Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Season 5 No GIF by The Office
I'd be a lot more worried about Mike Elko than Lane Kiffin.

Advertisement
I think that the first calls they'd make would be (1) Kiffin and (2) Franklin at PSU. If they say no, I think they target Stoops.

My dark horse horse would be Marcus Freeman if he has a 10+ season at ND. Don't know if he would take it, but think they'd call.
They’ll inquire but only one of these names would come. Here’s why:

Freeman: Leaving Notre Dame to the Gator is a downgrade. Notre Dame is a blueblood, and as much as we hate then are a mover and shaker in CFB. There’s nothing Florida can offer him that he isn’t getting there.

Franklin: has a good thing going at PSU and his family loves it there. Program is a consistent 9-11 win team. I doubt he wants a complete rebuild job at this point. Again, there’s nothing Florida can offer him that he isn’t getting here.

Lane: this is the most realistic name on the list. It could happen, but Lane has his eyes on a bigger job: Alabama. It’s well known in Bama circles that Lane’s one of the few that they’ll consider to succeed Saban, IF and only IF he keeps running a clean program wherever he’s at. Ole Miss is a lower bar than Florida, and he’s better off waiting there. However, if he thinks he has no shot at Bama or thinks Saban will still be coaching in 4-5 years, Florida makes sense for him.

Advertisement
I'm not an attorney, but I believe the court will void the contact and not require the player to return any funds.
Courts don’t like winfalls either. I can see them making him pay it back but not owing them off his career. It’s a pretty ****** situation. I question whether he had legal counsel. There’s still a component of responsibility he bears but that a pretty bad situation.

Bruh i was gonna go to that game but said to myself “i might be dumb…but im not a DUMBAZZ!”

But yea, being serious, I believe he has to beat UT or his seat is hot. Not from me cause im patient, but public perception. We went into the UT game last year coming off the UK loss then a should have been L vs USF and hung tough at Tennessee so the optimism following that game was warranted. We will beat McNeese Saturday and no result other than a win vs UT will be “acceptable”. God speed
You guys do realize your team is worse than last year's team? Your OL is terrible. You're getting curb stomped by good teams and will be in a dog fight with teams like Vandy, Mizzo, Kentucky.

Advertisement
Or maybe the court would say “your contract, your risk, your loss”.
From https://www.upcounsel.com/illegal-contract#:~:text=in illegal activity.-,An illegal contract is an agreement that violates the law,any compensation or held liable.

An illegal contract is an agreement that violates the law because its fulfillment requires the parties to engage in illegal activity. Such a contract is void and unenforceable from the get-go. Thus, if the contract is breached, neither party will be entitled to any compensation or held liable.

I wouldn't pay that company a dime and force them to sue me for the money where the contact can be deemed illegal and voided.

I think that the first calls they'd make would be (1) Kiffin and (2) Franklin at PSU. If they say no, I think they target Stoops.

My dark horse horse would be Marcus Freeman if he has a 10+ season at ND. Don't know if he would take it, but think they'd call.

They are not hiring Marcus Freeman. Bull gators wouldn’t have it.

Courts don’t like winfalls either. I can see them making him pay it back but not owing them off his career. It’s a pretty ****** situation. I question whether he had legal counsel. There’s still a component of responsibility he bears but that a pretty bad situation.

I’m not an expert on NIL, but don't these agreements run through the school in some way? I thought I’ve heard that the school reviews them with the player and if not signs off on them, at least they provide counseling. Who knows about this that can inform us?

Advertisement
I’m not an expert on NIL, but don't these agreements run through the school in some way? I thought I’ve heard that the school reviews them with the player and if not signs off on them, at least they provide counseling. Who knows about this that can inform us?
I don’t know who really knows. I so not believe this ran through the gator collective. Some things may have changed over the past couple years. Dexter would be one of the earlier ones so there may have been less school involvement at that time by rule.

Ain’t been in here since the debacle in Salt Lake (or wherever the **** Utes play). On page 3430, just smoked.

Bout to get my nightly reading in.

I don’t know who really knows. I so not believe this ran through the gator collective. Some things may have changed over the past couple years. Dexter would be one of the earlier ones so there may have been less school involvement at that time by rule.

That's one of the reasons I asked @gogeta4 about whether he felt it was NIL. I think it's very possible that this deal had nothing to do with NIL and, as such, was never submitted for approval.

****, when you started law school, I could have advanced YOU a half million dollars in exchange for you paying me 15% of your pre-tax salary for 25 years, and that deal would have nothing to do with athletics or capitalizing on your NIL value.

Napier is dead man walking. His only chance of survival is giving up the play calling. My guy runs trip bunches way too much in a time where formations change **** near every play. His offense is like Gattis lite. Zero spacing.
Napier gonna go down in flames for being stubborn, seen it far too often.

Think he would actually have a chance to survive if he gave up coaching QBs/calling plays and hired someone. ****** has like 47 staffers anyway. 0 offensive geniuses, and 2 OL coaches.

Advertisement
Back