Coaching FSU Week Media: Mario, Josh Gattis & Kevin Steele

Advertisement
Don't want to hear any of his offensive expert opinions after going 4 OTs to score 14pts on this putrid UVa team
Some would counter that UVA have a decent defense.

The counter to that is, that, even so, their offense is so bad that you should manage to score so much more given your offensive opportunities.

Gattis has his faults but he also calls some good plays that we just never execute. I see players open and either the line fails, QB’s don’t see the open guy or the player drops the pass.

Yes spreading it out would help but if our WR can’t get any separation then it doesn’t matter.

I watch a ton of games both college and pro.

Go look at Brady this year he sucks. Did he all the sudden not know how to play football? No, he doesn’t have the weapons he is used to. Another example of same scheme he has had but lacks the WR talent and no TE. This is where we are. We flat out don’t have the talent. It’s matters a lot!

Look at burrow last night. He was awful. Same scheme he had that just put up a monster game previously and last night couldn’t do anything. Common theme, his best WR was out and o-line got whipped.

See where I’m going with this? Scheme matters yes, but having elite talent is what really matters and we just don’t have it. Been saying all year and before the year that we lack speed and nfl talent on offense. It doesn’t matter if Lashlee or Sean McVay is calling our plays.
Good points. I just had to post with all the anti-Gattis movements. Early in the season I found myself blaming him for our offensive failures. Yah, he could have called a few different plays, but when I starting watching YouTube film breakdown by Coach Hayes, I saw that failure in execution by the players were the biggest problems. We're talking like 1 guy not doing his job on a failed play that would have been a TD if he did do his job.

Now, we have so many injuries it's challenging to put together a successful game plan. It's his job and I do expect him to figure out how to get us points, but our fans are completely delusional with their expectations given we have a mix of JV players starting or getting significant minutes all with a 1st year scheme on top of all the injuries.

I saw a video on continuity of an offense in year one. The production and execution are always lower than the 2nd and 3rd years. Factor in our injuries with the OL and QB and it shouldn't be a surprise at the production drop.

We just have an instant gratification fanbase which anything that doesn't result in immediate production is trash regardless of the circumstances. This includes players, coaches, and scheme.

Good points. I just had to post with all the anti-Gattis movements. Early in the season I found myself blaming him for our offensive failures. Yah, he could have called a few different plays, but when I starting watching YouTube film breakdown by Coach Hayes, I saw that failure in execution by the players were the biggest problems. We're talking like 1 guy not doing his job on a failed play that would have been a TD if he did do his job.

Now, we have so many injuries it's challenging to put together a successful game plan. It's his job and I do expect him to figure out how to get us points, but our fans are completely delusional with their expectations given we have a mix of JV players starting or getting significant minutes all with a 1st year scheme on top of all the injuries.

I saw a video on continuity of an offense in year one. The production and execution are always lower than the 2nd and 3rd years. Factor in our injuries with the OL and QB and it shouldn't be a surprise at the production drop.

We just have an instant gratification fanbase which anything that doesn't result in immediate production is trash regardless of the circumstances. This includes players, coaches, and scheme.

100% agree. New scheme and everyone healthy we would’ve still seen some struggles year 1. I blame some stuff on gattis but dude is fighting with one hand tied behind his back.

His “nfl” left tackle decided he didn’t want to play football this year. His #1/2 RB Chaney hasn’t seen the field. X went down 3 games in. Arroyo out for the year, George broke his hand…. I mean the list goes on with injures on a team that manny ruined for 3 years so it doesn’t have nfl depth like a Bama, OSU etc… even those teams would struggle if they lost this many offensive players.

We all want things to be great but this was always a 7-9 win type of team if everything went perfect. Well everything has gone about as bad as you can imagine for offense and key mistakes in some of the loses and we were still a few plays away from beating A&M, Duke, UNC and MTSu until we decided to bust coverages.

Some times ppl just need to take a step back and look at the big picture but that doesn’t happen on message boards like these. That’s why I step away for weeks at a time cause some of the stuff on here is just dumb.

Mario gets 3 years to build his team and roster then we can really start to play the blame game if things aren’t going well

Advertisement

Sorry but you appear a bit clueless with this. Gattis is historically bad even with the best QB we've had in 20 years. He's considerably worse than Enos was and he was the floor. Maybe quit trying to preach to the rest of the fan base since they understand what's happening even though you apparently don't.

Gattis vs enos. Who’s worse?
Gattis has better qb play as a whole I think.
Enos had Osborn and Dallas (nfl players)
Gattis has mediocre at best receivers.
Gattis has bad depth at receiver running back and tight end.
Enos did under center 7 step drops.
Gattis has a worse ppg total
Enos got blanked by la tech

My god we have had some winners here.

Woulda thought with the gif woulda realized it was tongue n cheek.. but 20 years of suckage I know some are on edge.. I rarely ask for practice reports anymore, its like **** everything when 4 OT total 14 points ya know..

Fed Up Reaction GIF
@skyman @LuCane
Gonna have to settle this in the blue lot
Punch You Oh No GIF by GritTV

Would have to hear the audio vs reading a tweet. Valid question but its also the way they are asked. Was it a sincere inquiry or was it a Barry Jackson special that was baiting him for a negative article?
Steele sniffed this out and responded
Step Brothers Reaction GIF by reactionseditor
Yes it was a "gotcha" question.

Advertisement
Gattis has his faults but he also calls some good plays that we just never execute. I see players open and either the line fails, QB’s don’t see the open guy or the player drops the pass.

Yes spreading it out would help but if our WR can’t get any separation then it doesn’t matter.

Go look at Brady this year he sucks. Did he all the sudden not know how to play football? No, he doesn’t have the weapons he is used to. Another example of same scheme he has had but lacks the WR talent and no TE. This is where we are. We flat out don’t have the talent. It’s matters a lot!

Look at burrow last night. He was awful. Same scheme he had that just put up a monster game previously and last night couldn’t do anything. Common theme, his best WR was out and o-line got whipped.

See where I’m going with this? Scheme matters yes, but having elite talent is what really matters and we just don’t have it. Been saying all year and before the year that we lack speed and nfl talent on offense. It doesn’t matter if Lashlee or Sean McVay is calling our plays.
Gattis is ******* garbage

Beating MTSU and Duke is instant gratification now lmao

Talent and Depth BeastMode is the answer, and we have neither.
Add injuries to the mix and we are running on fumes...........reality...

Advertisement
Save all this media time for more practice nobody cares just go send the players thru more **** machine drills and tackling tires

At no time this season has this offense looked remotely coherent... that's on coaches

I mean having zero stability with lineups will do that to any offense. It’s a new scheme and constant injuries with guys in and out of the lineup. What do you really expect?

Could partially be LTs fault I watched his helmet fly off on every play he made lol that’s a forced play off by rule haha
I saw that happen twice but that’s not what I’m talking about. We sun too much on the dline! Let them play. Even if they are not in shape, let them play themselves into shape through the season.

Advertisement
I saw that happen twice but that’s not what I’m talking about. We sun too much on the dline! Let them play. Even if they are not in shape, let them play themselves into shape through the season.
I agree I’m joking but his helmet fell off what felt like 10 times

At no time this season has this offense looked remotely coherent... that's on coaches
Disagree.
The Coachable factors of : Talent, work ethic, desire, learning the playbook, perseverance, fight, and will to win.......if it is NOT there, then Coaches can't put those traits into players....**** no that is on players ..........and if there is not depth on which to pull when injuries strike....that also cannot be on Coaches....they teach, they don't play........the cupboard is empty of Offensive players.......the talent even with portal infusion ain't there.

This offense has had none of the above, and it has proven itself over and over this season........NO W/R's, NO OL, NO RB's who will not fumble, (with one exception) NO T/E's who are not banged up, Multiple Center changes because of injuries, NO QB's through injuries or talent and experience to step up and play efficiently.
It has been an offensive S*** show..

Would have to hear the audio vs reading a tweet. Valid question but its also the way they are asked. Was it a sincere inquiry or was it a Barry Jackson special that was baiting him for a negative article?

Miami media gets no benefit of the doubt. They’ve earned even less than that. ****ers

Sorry but you appear a bit clueless with this. Gattis is historically bad even with the best QB we've had in 20 years. He's considerably worse than Enos was and he was the floor. Maybe quit trying to preach to the rest of the fan base since they understand what's happening even though you apparently don't.

How the **** did you read that alphabet soup quoting alphabet soup?

Tip of the hat to you for your perseverance

Advertisement
Back