Former Arizona Safety Isaiah Taylor commits to Miami. Jason Taylor.

+ No, he’s not irreplaceable, but finding someone with his skillset, background, and work ethic is supremely difficult.
+ If you missed @TriStarCane post, I strongly suggest you read it. This iteration of the program is dead in the water. It’s just a matter of when we call it.

That’s my way of saying that wasting one of 85 scholarships on a coaches kid who sucks won’t matter.
I'm not a smart man, but I'm confused about iteration. What?

Advertisement
I only did it because @PIPO did it.
Regular Season Ok GIF by MLB

Advertisement
+ No, he’s not irreplaceable, but finding someone with his skillset, background, and work ethic is supremely difficult.
+ If you missed @TriStarCane post, I strongly suggest you read it. This iteration of the program is dead in the water. It’s just a matter of when we call it.

That’s my way of saying that wasting one of 85 scholarships on a coaches kid who sucks won’t matter.
IMG_2418.gif

I don't know what iteration means lol

I know you’re trolling, but here it is…

Advertisement
If he doesn't count toward the 85 then I apologize, would like take back every nasty thing I said, and ask for forgiveness. I just don't think we need to add depth for the sake of depth given what we lost from last year. If QB wasn't so f'd up right now, more people would be freaking out about the secondary. They wouldn't be showing their *** (pause......I ******* hate myself for typing that....look what you made me do, CIS!!) to the extent I have in this thread, but they'd be up in arms.

In the era of scholarship limitations and visit limitations and lingering Covid super-seniors...AND academic progress requirements...

It might...just might...be advisable to take a kid with a 3.9 GPA and close-to-graduation status who has ACTUALLY played in 24 games at a P5 school and recorded decent stats.

Every team needs depth.

It's nearly impossible to recruit 85 five-stars and then expect 2/3 of them to be second and third stringers.

It's nearly impossible to keep kids around who think they have the talent to be starters, but have only been second and third stringers for their first few years.

I'm not sure where people think any team's depth comes from, these days. If, God forbid, James and Kam CAME BACK for 2024 and then got hurt...you saw what we had to do in the bowl game...I'd much rather put Isaiah Taylor on the field...

Saw him play many times at Aquinas his Sr year he had like 100 yard interception return in a playoff game-

He’s a solid addition for depth-

We’re saying the same thing bro.

He’s not a counter.

What I’m saying is that if he was going to count, it would be worth it.

It's all good, sir.

Lots of people can't comprehend that this is some Butch-level NCAA rules...following...

But if we talk about this too loud and proud, I'm sure that some SEC rivals will be sure to get the NCAA to make a new rule...

"Oh, a coach has to be on staff for FIVE YEARS before a scholarship-sport-playing relative can qualify for tuition remission"...

I expect this proposed anti-Miami rule to be on the NCAA docket this fall...

Advertisement
Y’all know this kid doesn’t suck right? He actually grades as a decent cover safety and has starts under his belt.

Y’all wanted some depth. Here‘s depth…from a top 15 team no less.

if all he does is show out as a beast on special teams, then he's worth at least whatever he's costing.

We need a TE. I understand what you are saying but he needs to incorporate a TE.

We are ******* TE U. Need that middle of the field safety valve.
You would have better luck getting a new OC. Dawson has never used the TE. Could have Kelce/Andrews and he wouldnt know what to do with them.

I agree Miami is TE U but no way is Mason is coming here unless he no longer wants to play in the NFL

This program leads the nation in nepotism
90.9% of programs have coaches with some kind of relative playing or coaching for the team they coach(ed). You just don’t hear to much about them because they are walk ons or position coaches for the most part.

From the Swinneys, to Stoops (players and coaches), Muschamps, Whittinghams, Bobo, Beamers, Ferentzs, Tom Allen, Brohms at Purdue, Jerry Jones grandson at Arkansas, Harbaughs at Michigan, Kiffins, Sanders, Stockstills at MTSU, and on and on

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back