Official Fall Camp PractiSe #4: Saturday, August 5th

That's why he wants (& we would love to give him although won't be this year) a red shirt year. Kids more than aware his touch and accuracy needs to make huge strides. Huge parts of any QB but in the right system this kid is a Heisman trophy finalist if he gets that down. Physical freak of nature.
This!

Advertisement
People have given up on him too fast. They knew he was raw and needed work when he arrived but don’t have the patience to see it through. I refuse to bet against great talent , work ethic and character. We’re far from seeing what this kid can be.

Not me. A fully developed Brown is the best chance Miami has to compete for a National Championship within the next three years.

Brother in life is everything one clear cut path? Because he embraced the culture does that mean we as a team or y'all as fans should embrace his obvious short comings? It's a process and culture is huge in that process. But it has to be backed up by something solid. You're making an assumption that he's a leader. You're making an assumption he's able to sit with his room and break down film. Those are assumptions your making. It doesn't mean that's what it is. I'm sorry but the only thing flag isn't lacking on is effort. He's got that in spades. But since when is effort enough?
Of course not, im saying he gets slandered for stuff out of his control. Why should we blame him that he is winning the lb competition? Blame the mfs who left the room full of trash, he’s just doing the best he can do which is all we can ask for.

And its not an assumption, a bunch of people have said he’s a leader. I didn’t say he’s breaking down film u just made that up lol I just said he puts the work in and is a leader. And i agree effort should be the bare minimum but based on last year it was lacking everywhere.

Also flagg wasn’t even as bad as people act like, it’s just his shortcomings are easy to see for fans. He was one of the more consistent players but the coaches put him in bad situations to get exploited alot

Advertisement
That's why he wants (& we would love to give him although won't be this year) a red shirt year. Kids more than aware his touch and accuracy needs to make huge strides. Huge parts of any QB but in the right system this kid is a Heisman trophy finalist if he gets that down. Physical freak of nature.
Get his arm to meet his athleticism skills then you’re talking Heisman candidate. Yes, I said it. Not sure if it’ll happen or not but if Jordan Travis can improve like that then wtf.

He’s going to have to earn it, though. It’ll be a battle with the QB coming (portal) next year.

Of course not, im saying he gets slandered for stuff out of his control. Why should we blame him that he is winning the lb competition? Blame the mfs who left the room full of trash, he’s just doing the best he can do which is all we can ask for.

And its not an assumption, a bunch of people have said he’s a leader. I didn’t say he’s breaking down film u just made that up lol I just said he puts the work in and is a leader. And i agree effort should be the bare minimum but based on last year it was lacking everywhere.

Also flagg wasn’t even as bad as people act like, it’s just his shortcomings are easy to see for fans. He was one of the more consistent players but the coaches put him in bad situations to get exploited alot
#1 I didn't make anything up... Lol. Part of putting in the work and being a leader IS FILM WORK... #2 while I agree he can't be blamed for being out there on the field, he most certainly is at fault for plenty of his issues once he is on the field. You wanna blame coaches for putting him in bad spots to get exploited. Well that's accurate while Mandy was here cause he wasn't a system for for Mandy. He was a bad eval & unfortunately didn't fit under either system he's played for this far. I do think he's a better fit for this defense. I'm only praying we stay healthy enough where he's not considered a focal point to it. Otherwise we'll here plenty more about guidry saying we struggled in stopping the run. Cause the coaches aren't to blame for his choices once he's on the field. Not the angles he takes, not the pre snap distractions that cause his bad angles and most certainly not the numerous missed tackles. He is what he is. That's not a knock on him. Like you said that's not his fault he's in this position. But let's call a spade a spade. No need to **** on him and no need to be full of ****. We're building up that room. But it's taking some time.

#1 I didn't make anything up... Lol. Part of putting in the work and being a leader IS FILM WORK... #2 while I agree he can't be blamed for being out there on the field, he most certainly is at fault for plenty of his issues once he is on the field. You wanna blame coaches for putting him in bad spots to get exploited. Well that's accurate while Mandy was here cause he wasn't a system for for Mandy. He was a bad eval & unfortunately didn't fit under either system he's played for this far. I do think he's a better fit for this defense. I'm only praying we stay healthy enough where he's not considered a focal point to it. Otherwise we'll here plenty more about guidry saying we struggled in stopping the run. Cause the coaches aren't to blame for his choices once he's on the field. Not the angles he takes, not the pre snap distractions that cause his bad angles and most certainly not the numerous missed tackles. He is what he is. That's not a knock on him. Like you said that's not his fault he's in this position. But let's call a spade a spade. No need to **** on him and no need to be full of ****. We're building up that room. But it's taking some time.
Breaking down film is one part of being a leader, and it has been said he did with the younger lbs last year, I said u made it up because I DIDNT mention that part of leadership lol.

Also yes levin steele having him cover down field on 3rd down is putting him in a bad position. If u see a guy taking bad angles, too slow, not processing there well WHY TF would u keep putting him in those situations all year long? Yes the player has limitations but its the coaches job to know what they can and cant do and to adjust based on that.

And everyone has missed tackles, to single him out there is just bs because out of everyone he was one of the better tacklers, its just he’s not athletic enough to go make some plays.

Nobody’s is being full of **** it’s just its very dumb this fanbase every year singles out a couple guys and bash them and ignore everything else they did or what everyone else doesn’t do. Mfs bash players and don’t know what the assignment was or anything they just see whoever is closest to the play and think its on them.

And im not saying he should start or have a big role i simply said mfs bash a player that has bought in to the culture and gives his all. Thats it, u are making other assumptions based on what other people said not me

Advertisement
PSewell has done well in the NFL despite relatively low percentile rankings in wingspan and arm length. I’m with you 97/100 times on their importance, and maybe Mauigoa gets kicked into Guard in the NFL, but some have compared him to Sewell. Will be interesting. I think he’s a RT here and doesn’t give up that spot.
It might be because, in the words of the greatest O-Line-Coach Dante Scarnecchia, "that **** is way overrated".

Advertisement
Not sure you'll have that same ranking for dt after the season. While Lt should be considered #1 don't sell deen short on 1b. If that kid keeps his same approach here that he has at Purdue y'all gonna love him. Go watch his film last season. In particular watch how disruptive he was against Illinois & Michigan. Two of the better coached o-lines.
I have been on the Deen bandwagon. He is perfect fit for what Guidry wants to do at tackle. He is going to be really good for us.

Advertisement
Anyone have more intel on Ladson. His name has popped up a few times in these early practices.
6'3 WR with long speed, actually had a few good game stretch for us last year before Tyler's injury.

1691414768939.png

Anyone have more intel on Ladson. His name has popped up a few times in these early practices.
Ladson. First name Frank.

Born in Miami, FL on a windy, Wednesday morning, September 27, 2000. Generation Z. Libra. Chinese zodiac is the Dragon. Moon phase: waning gibbous.

Current measurables put him at 6'3, 205 lbs. Played his ball at South Dade. As a senior, caught 50 passes for a school record 1,133 yards and 13 touchdowns, earning him an invite to the All-American Bowl.

Originally committed to Clemson University. After 3 disappointing seasons, he transferred back home (Jan'22) where he currently resides playing for :neonu:

Listed as a 5th year senior, thanks to Chinavirus, he is hoping the ‘23 year will allow him to put it all together.

Advertisement
Back