Official Fall Camp PractiSe #3: Friday, august 4

Advertisement
Advertisement
I blame them. IMO the "secrecy" is less about keeping opponents away from our playbook and more about keeping the repugnant local media away from the gossip columns.

The way most of the local media treats this program…..**** them. Couldn’t care less if they got zero access.
They gonna have to figure out a way to fix that then because i dont think a "cold war" is beneficial for either party in long run.. Some teams put out their own reports and with social media its easier than ever to connect directly with the fans, I dont see any of that either. In fact I think our media team has taken a major step back also.. If it was just our local media access I could understand but they could take things into own hand and go direct, I dont see that either..

Sounds like Offense having a slow start....
Per Chris Stock, Dawson getting heated on a passing drill… not happy with QBs but receivers dropping passes too, in one rep with four players going out for passes from the four QBs at least two balls hit the ground
No school has more issues with WRs doing their primary job function. I do not understand it.

I blame them. IMO the "secrecy" is less about keeping opponents away from our playbook and more about keeping the repugnant local media away from the gossip columns.
The local media will take any bit of extra information they can get and try to maximize clicks/ratings. They will throw the entire program under the bus if it means they get a slight uptick in views. I wouldn't let anybody but D Money and Alex Donno inside the IPF.

Advertisement
The local media will take any bit of extra information they can get and try to maximize clicks/ratings. They will throw the entire program under the bus if it means they get a slight uptick in views. I wouldn't let anybody but D Money and Alex Donno inside the IPF.
This

Which is why I don’t understand why people on CIS care about local media access.
Frankly, social media influencers have repeatedly shown the world that traditional forms of media are easy to bypass to reach audiences directly. If I was UM I would just have in house media pumping out all the content I wanted the public to consume.

It’s not as though many of us subscribe to local media for our news anyways. They are dinosaurs and should be allowed to go extinct.

Advertisement
I dont blame them, I just check on yt real quick and across the country A TON of programs have open practices atleast for the media and give the media some access. Just checking with winning teams USC, LSU, Texas, Fsu, UGA, Ohio state, etc. all let their media watch practice. We dont even have rosters available publicly, I listened to brian kelly presser where he talked about giving more transparent access I think because of the gambling but said it makes no sense to be soo secretive anyways.
If they stopped trashing us and yapping when told not too regarding recruiting info they'd get more access. Simple cause & effect. They don't like it either change or f*** them.

Do we know if media will even get to see the beginning of practice? I know the writers all hinted Mario may be shutting it all down
Don't forget we would like not to show opposing teams what our offense and defense will look like. Since as of now there is no film on it. We essentially ran two to three plays in the scrimmage with just different variants. Not many people seem to have picked up on that. One of our best possible situations now is walking into that Texas A&m game with them not able to prep for us effectively. Just like we're not going to be able to prep for their offense effectively because patrino is always going to have new wrinkles.

Advertisement
I was 3-1 vs them in HS at Hazleton. My uncles were 0-8 lol Even when they we ranked #1 in the country in my uncles days they'd still play them hard tho. What a powerhouse they were.

Curry was a legend. Then left to go “home” to WVW…

Curry was a legend. Then left to go “home” to WVW…
I was 0-1 vs Curry at WVW. They kicked our *** my SR. year. He faked a punt up 31-14 in the 4th with 3 mins left & they took it for 7 lol He absolutely hated our HC. They ended up getting smashed by Bethlehem Liberty a few weeks later & sent home.

Advertisement
Back