ESPN: Bain #5 pass rusher in college football

Advertisement
Yea we need an elite DT to see the true capability of Bain. Mesidor is a huge add on piece that will help. If Scott steps in and does a Bain then we good. If he’s a bust or jag we ****ed in the interior. Bain did that and to me imo LT was ordinary a lot of the time (for being a 5 star)
Let’s not forget the other 2 Five star DL/Edge in Blount & Lightfoot. Obviously it would be great if one of those guys had a Bain type freshman year but if you can get 1 or 2 to give you a Nyjalik Kelly type year I think it will free up Bain/Messidor and company to have a much better year.

Let’s not forget the other 2 Five star DL/Edge in Blount & Lightfoot. Obviously it would be great if one of those guys had a Bain type freshman year but if you can get 1 or 2 to give you a Nyjalik Kelly type year I think it will free up Bain/Messidor and company to have a much better year.
I think LF is too small right now pause

Advertisement
Blount is still very young IDK what to expect from him

Former Cane Elijah Roberts came in at #12

1000003205.gif

Advertisement
Blount is still very young IDK what to expect from him
I agree Blount is too young to expect anything out of him at DT but I think he can give some reps at DE. Whether it’s Blount, Lightfoot or one of the other DL/Edge we signed this class, I think one will give you some decent Kelly type production this year, even it’s a combination of players adding up to that. We signed 8 DL/Edge this class, some of them are going to play.

He was really solid as a 3/4 end
It's part of the reason I'd still like to see some 3-3-5. We have plus options for the TITE front. Mesidor, Bain, JHH are all excellent 5-tech candidates. If Clark can hold the point better than the options we tossed out there last season, then it comes down to whether our standup/Jack/OLB gives us any kind of advantage. Alston seems like a decent candidate there. Not sure Malik Bryant would take a leap. There are a lot more options, it seems.

It's part of the reason I'd still like to see some 3-3-5. We have plus options for the TITE front. Mesidor, Bain, JHH are all excellent 5-tech candidates. If Clark can hold the point better than the options we tossed out there last season, then it comes down to whether our standup/Jack/OLB gives us any kind of advantage. Alston seems like a decent candidate there. Not sure Malik Bryant would take a leap. There are a lot more options, it seems.
I really liked the fact that we could play 3-3-5 too and was a bit disappointed when Guidry said he wants to exclusively run a 4 man front. We definitely have the horses to run a modern 3-3-5 and there’s better options for the standup OLB this year. I liked Jafari Harvey but he looked awkward in space. Alston is tailor made for the role and a guy like Bryant would be great for that role too.

Advertisement
I believe pause wise, he’s very similar to Kelly when he arrived. I think as a pass rusher he can give you some production like Kelly did his freshman season.
Lightfoot absolutely is not too small to make an impact in the pass rush game watching his progression this spring

Not gonna have him setting the edge and playing run defense but you let guys like him and Pickett come in a pin their ears back

I know the next guy is always better but Lightfoot and Pickett absolutely abusing the best kids in the country during the all star games were all I needed to see

Advertisement
Bryant was a marginal 5 star at one point. Can we get anything out of him? What about that kid, McConathy, who racked up massive TFLs and sacks in HS. Or Artavious Jones on the interior. ... We gotta find 3 guys who can unleash Bain on opposing QBs.
Mesidors health will go a long way. He’s gonna do the dirty work and give Bain a breather. I’ll say it again it was the most impressive freshman season in my memory given what was asked of Bain last year

But I’m with you I am looking for Bryant to take a step. That kid is a beast.

Advertisement
Back