2023 Does the Class Hold, Improve, or Drop?

Advertisement
They’ll keep what they have.

We won’t add much more of value from a rankings perspective.

What I THINK Miami a should do is go big (and miss obviously) and hold the rest of the spots for the portal.

I also THINK that the schools graduation rate is going to get hit hard after this season. There will be a lot of non-contributors asked to move on from the program.

Scholarships are renewed every year and at the discretion of the institution. That may have been the top agenda item in the team meeting earlier this weekend.
This sums up my feelings as well. The class seems to be full of players who are very loyal to the program and want to contribute in the future.

Depending on how the rest of the season unfolds, we can still add talent here and there. I don't see Louisville keeping their class and I have put an eye on Clark for that matter, so someone like him.

The only guy I can see us realistically getting is Okunola who would move the needle in terms of rankings.

Advertisement
This sums up my feelings as well. The class seems to be full of players who are very loyal to the program and want to contribute in the future.

Depending on how the rest of the season unfolds, we can still add talent here and there. I don't see Louisville keeping their class and I have put an eye on Clark for that matter, so someone like him.

The only guy I can see us realistically getting is Okunola who would move the needle in terms of rankings.

I’m not a fan of Clark myself, but he played really well against IMG and was one of the better athletes on the field which is saying something.

Back to topic. Today is obviously huge to gain back momentum. We win today and we are back in track. Have to start winning to finish top 10

Advertisement
I’m not a fan of Clark myself, but he played really well against IMG and was one of the better athletes on the field which is saying something.
If you play well against IMG, you play well against anyone.

Nate BrooklynDee

Cracked the code.

Nate Brooks is BrooklynDee. Keanefirmed.
No. He and I have our differences, but Nate Brooks is not that poster.

Nate Brooks may be on this board, however. I can't confirm or deny.

It will improve I believe just for this reason alone. Mario can sell this year that he’s working with mannys guys who stink after this season tho we’re ****ed if he can’t win

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm going to say we improve. Three things that have to happen for Miami to take the next BIG step in 2023:

1. Close on the HS class with at least 1 more DE, DT, WR, OL, LB, DB that are all top 300 with some being top 150.
2. Land 5-10 more portal kids likely at DL/WR and maybe OL.
3. RETAIN our best players with years left to play... while letting those that aren't players find a better place. This isn't about recruiting stars but ability on Saturday. Mark Pope is a great example: 4* kid who isn't getting snaps at Jackson State!

This is how you transform the roster forcing every kid to fight harder, push the others to get better...
#4 would be playing the best players vs letting them sit because they aren't Greentree AAs.

I'm going to say we improve. Three things that have to happen for Miami to take the next BIG step in 2023:

1. Close on the HS class with at least 1 more DE, DT, WR, OL, LB, DB that are all top 300 with some being top 150.
2. Land 5-10 more portal kids likely at DL/WR and maybe OL.
3. RETAIN our best players with years left to play... while letting those that aren't players find a better place. This isn't about recruiting stars but ability on Saturday. Mark Pope is a great example: 4* kid who isn't getting snaps at Jackson State!

This is how you transform the roster forcing every kid to fight harder, push the others to get better...
#4 would be playing the best players vs letting them sit because they aren't Greentree AAs.
No doubt in my mind we'll hit the portal hard, very hard. There's always someone who will leave so brace yourself for that. And as for recruiting, we'll see how we finish with our top targets: Samson, Bain, Clark, Hall, Joseph, Damari, Hussey, Wilson, May's, Johnson, M'Pemba. Jackson reclassifying to 2023 is huge for the corner spot. We definitely need to close at least half of those guys mentioned.

Advertisement
Back