2023 Does the Class Hold, Improve, or Drop?

Advertisement
Miami’s 10th right now on 247. Really don’t seem them dropping below 15 unless something drastic happens. I’d say Miami finishes 12th.

They’ll keep what they have.

We won’t add much more of value from a rankings perspective.

What I THINK Miami a should do is go big (and miss obviously) and hold the rest of the spots for the portal.

I also THINK that the schools graduation rate is going to get hit hard after this season. There will be a lot of non-contributors asked to move on from the program.

Scholarships are renewed every year and at the discretion of the institution. That may have been the top agenda item in the team meeting earlier this weekend.

Advertisement
Depends on if Canes signees drop in the rankings after signing and if other teams signees rise.

We've had so many high-ranked classes in the past, and one highly-rated player after another sign with UM only to disappoint with their play on the field. Hard to put much stock at all in these "rankings."

I think a top 7 class would be excellent, 7-10 is okay, 11-15 would be a disappointment, 16+ no bueno. If the team turns it around and shows improvement i think top 10 won't be an issue.

If Miami somehow completely changes offensive philosophy, top 7 for sure.

Advertisement
Usually 1st year coaches can sell these dudes trash and I didn’t recruit them.. so you can play as a freshman

I honestly think the portal might be a bigger deal after seeing how many holes we have on this roster + struggling to recruit certain positions that lack depth and quality. I want a top 10-12 recruiting class and a 5 portal class.

We might need to A&M it and throw money at the problem.

Advertisement
I honestly think the portal might be a bigger deal after seeing how many holes we have on this roster + struggling to recruit certain positions that lack depth and quality. I want a top 10-12 recruiting class and a 5 portal class.

We might need to A&M it and throw money at the problem.
We absolutely need to hit the portal hard. Some of the young guys just won’t be physically ready to contribute right off the bat. WR, CB, DT, Edge rusher need to be huge focus.

Advertisement
Remember that No. 1 class with Radio? I thought “ This is it!!!”….then reality knocked me down for 15 years.

Better than the 2012 class, not as strong as 1998.

Advertisement
Back