2024 DL Kamarion Franklin 2.0 (commits to Ole Miss)

Advertisement
Lol 8 million dollars a year and the best you're hoping for is 9-4 🤣

Holy ****, beyond the acceptance phase
I tempered my expectation really early on.,....like by the Tx A&M game and i realize we were happy just being in the game with them...seemed like not actually expecting to win it....Which was 100% pu$$y because app state ALAREADY BEAT THEM. smh.

Advertisement
D line like what? Inside? Because the two edges are not big time? It’s inside DT recruiting that’s been the issue. Jones needs help and he needs to be inked.
What thread are we posting in? A DTs right?

If you need more clarification yes I’m talking about DT. And to be honest DE(edge) recruiting has been pretty good I think from Kelly, Wayne, Moss, and Bain.

I tempered my expectation really early on.,....like by the Tx A&M game and i realize we were happy just being in the game with them...seemed like not actually expecting to win it....Which was 100% pu$$y because app state ALAREADY BEAT THEM. smh.
When they kicked fg instead of going for it, playing for close score with no teeth.. NASTY work

Precisely and they kept coming back and baiting the gullible fans on this site that we were going to have "epic months" multiple times.

But I guess everybody on this site are the suckers because Dmoney is getting what he wants out of this, clicks. You notice how he hasn't addressed how wrong he's been this cycle?

We wouldn't be in this position if they were modest and reasonable but no, all we heard was "big game hunting", "whales", and "Greatest Dline class of all time" and many gullible posters ate that **** up. It's starting to look like a total con job for clicks.

If this is how you feel about this site....why are you here?
Honest question

Advertisement
Ok let’s try this again. We were talking about there’s no participation trophies in recruiting. You either land the commit, like he did Samson/Francis or you don’t. We celebrated landing those guys.

Now some fans want to celebrate the fact we had all these 5 stars visits even though we didn’t land them as it’s never happened before.

Again, Mario has had more of them visit but even sorry *** recruiter Manny had 5 stars visiting who he didn’t land, which I listed. We didn’t give him the benefit of the doubt because he got them to visit and we shouldn’t now.
yeah I get your point but nobody gets them all and those that are claiming participation trophies are like little kids who didn't get enough toys at christmas. Having more 5* players visit inherently improves our chances of landing them, as evidenced by last cycle and potentially this cycle if we land stone.

2-3 5*'s per class is elite recruiting in cfb.

You can consider it a participation trophy all you want but stats show us players don't sign unless they've visited and the staff (although not as successful this cycle in securing top level commitments) are getting players to visit which is getting us in the game. We were NOT in the game under manny and co and had one outlier year with james Williams and leonard taylor that many attribute due to COVID-19.

if we weren't in kam franklin's top 5 (which we wouldn't have been under previous staff's) then this wouldn't even be a discussion which inevitably proves the point that being in the game - leads to more commitments AND more negativity on the boards because not even UGA, Bama, and Ohio State land them all.

The issue of this discussion is not landing or missing all these guys, the issue is expectations of fans on what realistically is going to happen

Last edited:
None of them has had access to the talent we do. All of them would have us a perennial top 25 team & enjoyable to watch. Which at this point after 20 years I'd take. National titles are basically a pipe dream at this point. I just wanna see a good product.
Wait a minute. Wasn’t Kiffen at USC? And A few of the others named don’t have been offered bigger jobs and won’t leave.

Being a top 25 team is not the goal at Miami. That’s ok for the iowas and v techs of the world. If a coach here stays in the top 25 every year for 5 straight years and doesn’t sniff a Natty fans and former players will be calling for his head.

It's an unbelievably simple fix and I can all but guarantee Mario will fix it. He is a lot of things but unmotivated to win is not one of them haha.

The fix may be simple but I’m not convinced it will directly translate into recruiting victories. Recruiting is rarely a simple fix

Wait a minute. Wasn’t Kiffen at USC? And A few of the others named don’t have been offered bigger jobs and won’t leave.

Being a top 25 team is not the goal at Miami. That’s ok for the iowas and v techs of the world. If a coach here stays in the top 25 every year for 5 straight years and doesn’t sniff a Natty fans and former players will be calling for his head.
Yeah well reality is we've absolutely blown for 20 years. The goal should be to be a formidable respectable top 25 program first. National titles aren't happening unless we strike gold on a #1 overall pick type QB. Sucks to admit it but that's what it is.

Advertisement
Absolutely. I have been pretty outspoken about our lack of success with certain winnable battles but Mario is going to adapt.
1692552273258.gif

Advertisement
Absolutely. I have been pretty outspoken about our lack of success with certain winnable battles but Mario is going to adapt.

Pretty f#cking late in the recruiting cycle to start adapting.

Did Cristobal go on an extended vacation and just now start catching up on emails? Rookie mistake. Always start with the most recent emails and work backwards.

Advertisement
Back