X's and O's Did you see what I saw?

pretty much the only thing that could is if he is hurt...because if he isnt.....the dude across from him is pretty **** hard to stop as well......Waddle.

Those wrs put so much pressure on dbs its crazy.....The slowest wr on the fins likely runs sub 4.5 River Cracraft. Every one else is under 4.4 40's
I don't think Braxton runs under 4.4 but I hear what your sayin. Love this WR core.

Advertisement
Underrated aspect of hiring Guidry. The players say it but yall may not take note. Guidry's defense prepares the offense with how he disguises coverages and changes the front, play to play, drive to drive. Durkin come with that vanilla front, it dont matter if they big, easily picked up.

I don't think Braxton runs under 4.4 but I hear what your sayin. Love this WR core.
think he was right at 4.4 with nfl draft.

He was a perfect pickup from a pr,slot, back up to Hill/Waddle standpoint. His short area quickness is **** near elite.

I said it two hundred times over the off season and I'll say it again. Coaching and Scheme matter. I know in a fantasy world we'd have so much talent that guys like Larry Coker and Rob Cudzinski look great but in reality, you need to have coaches that can scheme guys open and use certain plays to set up others. The night and day difference from last year's abortion to this year's absolute symphony is undeniable.
Many times over the last few years, we’ve debated why we were so bad, and some here bashed the kids for being lazy or not up to snuff. I always said, the kids were not to blame, it was the adults in the room failing them. The proof is in our “mediocre” players who got the chance to show their capabilities in the NFL, playing well.

I don’t want to bring up last year cause it was a transition year for Mario and a mixture of things, but I will say we could have won a game or two more had lazy Gattis relieved his f**t filled brain and gotten to work with the kids. In the end, good riddance, we now have guys that actually think and coach the young men Well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I liked how calm he was. The last drive of the half had a bad penalty and he shook it off. Result TD!!
That first picture in my post is his reaction to that penalty :ROFLMAO:. Seconds left in the half, no timeouts, we get a delay of game penalty on the goalline and when our players look to the sidelines, he has his hand up saying "chill we're good" and dials in the next play. You just LOVE seeing that from your play caller on the sidelines. The players will only be as confident and poised as the guys leading them and Dawson + TVD are two cool cats.

Truly appreciate those on the board with the knowledge and ability to create threads like this.

At this point I think I’ve also rewatched the game 2-3 times and these threads help view the game a bit differently. It’s crazy to see how successful our offense was despite so many ‘near misses’ against a very talented team. Not sure how long Dawson will be around but if this keeps up he’s gonna make himself a lot of money!$$

I personally think theres 2 parts to TVD's 2021 mojo, confidence and catering to what he does best. From my (far from professional) analysis, TVD struggles making correct reads/throws in the intermediate middle of the field. He excels in throwing toward the sideline, however. When Tyler is in rhythm (confident in what hes seeing from the defense), comeback routes, out routes and fades are all MONEY. We saw this in 2021 where Rambo feasted on those sideline routes. Dawson has done a great job in catering the offense to TVD's strengths and having a lot of his throws be toward the sideline.
This is spot on analysis. TVD is a tall guy, so you wouldn't think he would have trouble seeing the wrs. Route concepts and poor ol play fron last year probably made him nervous in the pocket. What's ironic is Tua is shorter and has excelled in the middle of the field.

One other thing I saw from Dawson is that he, and TVD, will hunt the other team’s weakness. TAMU played a true freshman CB, #14. Our guys went after him. The TD pass to Horton as an example. When TVD saw him playing up it really did not mater who our receiver was. TVD knew where he was going pre-snap which is why he looked off the safety and came back to Horton.
Expect more of this. We have 3 very good WR’s, and probably more behind them, and it will be very hard for team’s to hide their weakest DB. Dawson will wear out the matchup advantage as any good play caller will, and as we absolutely did not do last season.
I know I can't stop after the game, but Dawson is the man.

Advertisement
I liked how calm he was. The last drive of the half had a bad penalty and he shook it off. Result TD!!
People call him a bad leader because he never changes his facial expression or body language. After throwing a Td pass Saturday he went to the sideline and Emory acted as if he was putting a crown on his hand. Bowing down. By his body language you couldn’t tell if Tvd had thrown a Td or a pick 6. He’s stone faced all the time which people don’t like if you’re struggling and losing.

i remember prop joe a poster ranting an raving about motion the last 2 ocs...And alot of ppl saying.."mOtIOONNN" laughing about it....

Its a huge problem for defenses when used correctly and especially against youthful secondaries or those that cant communicate.

I know the choice to come here for DAWSON was easy...he walked into an NFL level qb that needed some fine tuning.

Now that mfer just needs to land his STUD qb...Though i think Brown could be a problem in the run game with these same motions and rpo's down the road.
Definitely remember the motion debates with Richt.. It was like his offense is very simple and we are having some success, if he just added some wrinkles to it imagine what could happen with the weapons we have (even coach Orgeron in his presser back then mentioned our wr core was one of best they played that year and thats when bama had them goons!)

I think now people are realizing how difficult it is to defend an offense that uses motion to put defenses in conflict, its talked about wayy more with teams like 9ers, dolphins, etc. and social media guys who do breakdowns and show clips and how guys get wide open. Before trying to explain people just say well he is cOaCh and he know or yOu mOpE!

Advertisement
This is spot on analysis. TVD is a tall guy, so you wouldn't think he would have trouble seeing the wrs. Route concepts and poor ol play fron last year probably made him nervous in the pocket. What's ironic is Tua is shorter and has excelled in the middle of the field.
I think this is where a lot of his struggles with the middle of the field come from. He will 100% get better at it as he starts to trust this O-line (easily the best hes ever played behind) more. The picture changes quickly when scanning the middle of the field and his line has never afforded him enough time to consistently be able to read that. If a guy is wide open then Tyler hits them pretty consistently, even over the middle, but when he has to wait on a route or read defenders, he usually struggles. Its easier to the sideline where most defenders are out of the picture and he can just focus on delivering a catchable ball.

People call him a bad leader because he never changes his facial expression or body language. After throwing a Td pass Saturday he went to the sideline and Emory acted as if he was putting a crown on his hand. Bowing down. By his body language you couldn’t tell if Tvd had thrown a Td or a pick 6. He’s stone faced all the time which people don’t like if you’re struggling and losing.
There is a false narrative that QB’s have to be leaders, like point guards in basketball. Sure it is nice, but a team leader can be almost any position. It is simply the person or people who inspire others with their words and actions. It can be a D-tackle, an offensive guard, or literally any position (except kicker).
TVD is a great player. I am confident his teammates would prefer a reserved, great player at QB over a mediocre QB who is a “leader”.

Coordinators matter:

not to stray from the offense but Guidry said in the G5, u get no big guys on DL, so u have to use different things to stop the run, movement and overloads for example.

But u have Steele, Gattis and alot of our fans crying about what we didn't have. G5 coaches, and high school coaches for that matter use what they have, not what they wish they did.

i had man arguing with me saying we had the ingredients to have a top 25 offense. The players who made the plays at the skill positions were all on our team last year.

Bluestein said he went to practice and scouts were saying they cant believe how bad the WRs were.

He shoulda been saying he cant believe how dumb Gattis was.

Btw Bama man are all over the internet crying about how vanilla their defense was and how easy it was to read and Ewers had 6 weeks on drop backs to throw. Compare that to how we not only came after Weigman, we confused and disguise
Bingo. That is 100% correct. Alabama D going to be easy pickings with stone age Steele there.

Advertisement
There is a false narrative that QB’s have to be leaders, like point guards in basketball. Sure it is nice, but a team leader can be almost any position. It is simply the person or people who inspire others with their words and actions. It can be a D-tackle, an offensive guard, or literally any position (except kicker).
TVD is a great player. I am confident his teammates would prefer a reserved, great player at QB over a mediocre QB who is a “leader”.
You don’t have to be vocal or Rah rah as a qb. Actions on the field speak louder than words. If you aren’t cussing people out or throwing your helmet you must not care. Which is wrong.

Thing is, we have our fiery vocal leader. After Jacolby's last TD, Kam was the first guy I saw on the sideline congratulating him and rallying the guys. We all heard in the post game conferences how Kam is the go-to guy for all the players. Each of them spoke to that. All we need from TVD is to be even keel. Some players excel in leadership by being the rah-rah guy, some excel by being that unwavering guy that can be counted on to not get too high or too low.

In this game we started off terribly with a blocked punt and then muffed punt. At a time like that, I love my leader not being phased and ready to perform.

Last edited:
Great write up!!!

On the pass to Colb where Restrepo and McCormick rub underneath routes, Cam could and should have been called for PI. He actually makes a blocking the defender before the ball is thrown. Restrepo doe it perfectly by making the defender run around him without making contact.

I hope the coaches point this out on film study as next time we may not be so fortunate. There's no need to block the defender. Just reroute them.

Bingo. That is 100% correct. Alabama D going to be easy pickings with stone age Steele there.
You can have all the 5 stars u want. Coordinators need to help the players. If u cannot get pressure, and when the other team recruited 5 star OL like Texas did, and we did. You not just gonna get back there with 4. U need extra men and also make the QB hold the ball to dissect the post snap secondary movement.

Advertisement
Back