Deon Cain Question

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Losing Rudolph/Lane/Dixon last year and potentially losing Ridley/Cain this cycle would be really disappointing. No other way to put it.

I guess we'll just bring in nothing but big possession receivers who lack explosion to make up for it.

Last edited:
I believe he means the 2014 and. 2015 signing class. Coley was obviously the 2013 signing class.

Advertisement
I mean, did anyone ever actually think we were going to pull this kid? Ridley and SBB we were leading for and thus I understand the frustration, but this kid always seemed like he was naming us as like his 3rd or 4th school. Maybe that was just my take...but still, is it really that big a shock that he isn't coming here?

we get it stacy coley says hello

Sadly, he is about the only one saying hello.

So Miami will just throw jump balls to its ****nal of 6'5 WRs?
Unless guys like Malcolm Lewis and Braxton Berrios have hit some kind of crazy growth spurt, and/or are wearing lifts in their cleats, then they're not 6'5. The tallest WRs on our current roster are D'Mauri Jones at 6'4, and Tyre Brady/Greg Golden at 6'3. Most of the rest fall somewhere between 6'0 and 6'2.

Darrell Langham is 6'5, but who knows if he'll stay at WR or end up at TE. Chris Herndon/David Njoku are 6'4, but same thing w/them...who knows if they'll be at WR or TE?

Our only 2015 class WR prospect so far, Emonee Spence, is listed on ESPN at 6'2, but I don't buy it. Looks closer to 6'0 flat.

Just wanted to clear up what kind of WR's we have on the roster and coming in soon...we're recruiting bigger guys, but they're not all 6'5+ guys.

Bigger/more physical WR's can be perfectly fine running routes, too. The key is to get the ones that are smooth athletes who can get in and out of their breaks quickly and cleanly. You don't need a complete balance of < 6'0 guys running around to be effective on underneath/intermediate routes.

Advertisement
I mean, did anyone ever actually think we were going to pull this kid? Ridley and SBB we were leading for and thus I understand the frustration, but this kid always seemed like he was naming us as like his 3rd or 4th school. Maybe that was just my take...but still, is it really that big a shock that he isn't coming here?

I saw him throw up the U in a video and a couple pictures and I thought he was coming, I guess I was wrong.

I saw him throw up the U in a video and a couple pictures and I thought he was coming, I guess I was wrong.

U = Unsigned Preps, his 7 on 7 team here in Tampa.
199.jpg

U = Unsigned Preps, his 7 on 7 team here in Tampa.
199.jpg

Oops...

Advertisement
Back