Deon Cain Question

I know of 2 occurences that Clemson "helps" the athletes. one is with CJ Spiller, he was getting ready to transfer because he was home sick and his baby and girlfriend lived in FLA. Clemson resolved that by Moving up the Girlfriend and Baby. another Athlete was going to transfer because of his parents passing away and brother had no where to go. Clemson moved up the brother to live with him. I have no problem with any of it but Clemson goes above and beyond to help their athletes.

As a person I have no problem with this. I have no problem with a team helping out a current player or his family but when recruiting a player it's a different story. Now is it going to change? Never. How can it. Even by paying players there will always be the same problem of big time boosters of big time programs upping the bid or them. I mean if we had Shapiro buying recruits and we were still missing on some then that tells you right there someone out there out bid him.

Shapiro was trying as hard as he could to burn us right?

Then if he actually bought us any recruits, don't you think that would be the first thing told to the NCAA or Yahoo reporter?

He never bought us any recruits, if he had, that might have put the nail in the coffin for our program.

Your very naive if you think he didn't. Go read the report. Only reason we didn't get buried is because well they are a bunch of morons and because he was convicted on a Ponzi scheme so he has no credibility. Without those two things we would be in a lot of trouble right now.

Advertisement
I know of 2 occurences that Clemson "helps" the athletes. one is with CJ Spiller, he was getting ready to transfer because he was home sick and his baby and girlfriend lived in FLA. Clemson resolved that by Moving up the Girlfriend and Baby. another Athlete was going to transfer because of his parents passing away and brother had no where to go. Clemson moved up the brother to live with him. I have no problem with any of it but Clemson goes above and beyond to help their athletes.

As a person I have no problem with this. I have no problem with a team helping out a current player or his family but when recruiting a player it's a different story. Now is it going to change? Never. How can it. Even by paying players there will always be the same problem of big time boosters of big time programs upping the bid or them. I mean if we had Shapiro buying recruits and we were still missing on some then that tells you right there someone out there out bid him.

Then if he actually bought us any recruits, don't you think that would be the first thing told to the NCAA or Yahoo reporter?

He never bought us any recruits, if he had, that might have put the nail in the coffin for our program.

Your very naive if you think he didn't. Go read the report. Only reason we didn't get buried is because well they are a bunch of morons and because he was convicted on a Ponzi scheme so he has no credibility. Without those two things we would be in a lot of trouble right now.

You sir are the one being naïve if you think that wouldn't be the first thing in the Yahoo article.

He wanted us to get the DEATH PENALTY!

I'm not saying that a lot of the stuff in that article is untrue, all I'm saying is that the FACT that he did not mention buying recruits and the FACT that he wanted to burry our program and the FACT that there was nothing in the Yahoo article or anything said to the NCAA about him buying us recruits.

This would lead any logical person to understand that he did not buy us recruits.

And I believe he(Shapiro) made a comment somewhere saying that "he couldn't outbid the $EC for recruits anyway" or something around those lines.

You sir are the one being naïve if you think that wouldn't be the first thing in the Yahoo article.

I'm not saying that a lot of the stuff in that article is untrue, all I'm saying is that the FACT that he did not mention buying recruits and the FACT that he wanted to burry our program and the FACT that there was nothing in the Yahoo article or anything said to the NCAA about him buying us recruits.

This would lead any logical person to understand that he did not buy us recruits.

And I believe he(Shapiro) made a comment somewhere saying that "he couldn't outbid the $EC for recruits anyway" or something around those lines.

Among the specific incidents, Shapiro or other sources say Hurtt, Hill, Stoutland, Pannunzio and Allen all delivered top-tier recruits to Shapiro's home or luxury suite so the booster could make recruiting pitches to them. Among the players who were ushered to Shapiro while they were still in high school: Eventual Miami commitments Ray-Ray Armstrong, Dyron Dye and Olivier Vernon (prompted by Hurtt); eventual Florida commitments Andre Debose (Hurtt) and Matt Patchan (prompted by Stoutland and Pannunzio); eventual Georgia commitment Orson Charles (Pannunzio); and eventual Central Florida commitment Jeffrey Godfrey (Allen).

"**** yeah, I recruited a lot of kids for Miami," Shapiro said. "With access to the clubs, access to the strip joints. My house. My boat. We're talking about high school football players. Not anybody can just get into the clubs or strip joints. Who is going to pay for it and make it happen? That was me."

Come on man don't speak unless spoken to.

Among the specific incidents, Shapiro or other sources say Hurtt, Hill, Stoutland, Pannunzio and Allen all delivered top-tier recruits to Shapiro's home or luxury suite so the booster could make recruiting pitches to them. Among the players who were ushered to Shapiro while they were still in high school: Eventual Miami commitments Ray-Ray Armstrong, Dyron Dye and Olivier Vernon (prompted by Hurtt); eventual Florida commitments Andre Debose (Hurtt) and Matt Patchan (prompted by Stoutland and Pannunzio); eventual Georgia commitment Orson Charles (Pannunzio); and eventual Central Florida commitment Jeffrey Godfrey (Allen).

"**** yeah, I recruited a lot of kids for Miami," Shapiro said. "With access to the clubs, access to the strip joints. My house. My boat. We're talking about high school football players. Not anybody can just get into the clubs or strip joints. Who is going to pay for it and make it happen? That was me."

And don't you think that if he actually bought any of those recruits, he would have said so and the amount?

He was trying as hard as possible to BURRY OUR PROGRAM and get us THE DEATH PENALTY.

The sure way to do that is mention the recruits that he bought and the amounts that he paid for them.

Its kind of ridiculous that I need to spell this out for you.

Him saying that coaches brought recruits to his house and he got them on his boat and into clubs is not close to what theses $EC schools are doing like straight up buying kids.

His way of "recruiting" kids was showing them a good time, showing them all the access they would have to his yacht, mansion,VIP clubs etc... once they would become Hurricanes.

If I remember correctly our biggest recruiting violation for football was Ray Ray Armstrong and Dyron Dye sleeping at Clint Hurtt's house instead of them paying for their own hotel on an unofficial visit.

This quote right here(that you posted) says it all:

He did not say something like:

"**** yeah I bought a lot of kids for Miami, with the financial situations these kids come from, and the money I have, I can help these high school kids and their families and Miami. I mean all the big schools do it..."

And I'm sure he might have mentioned a bidding war or two to sweeten the story lol. Remember this guy is a professional liar who twists the story to get what he wants, and what he wanted was for us to receive the death penalty b/c we "turned our backs on him when he needed us most".

And you honestly think this little **** wouldn't want to brag about the prized recruits that he bought for us? With his ego?

But he did not mention paying any recruits or buying us any players which would have given us a competitive advantage over other programs, he mainly just bought meals and bar tabs and VIP access for current players and gave a few current players some money, but there was NO MENTION OF HIM PAYING RECRUITS.

So before you want to act all tuff on the internet with the "Come on man, don't speak unless spoken to" think before you post.

And don't you think that if he actually bought any of those recruits, he would have said so and the amount?

He was trying as hard as possible to BURRY OUR PROGRAM and get us THE DEATH PENALTY.

The sure way to do that is mention the recruits that he bought and the amounts that he paid for them.

Its kind of ridiculous that I need to spell this out for you.

Him saying that coaches brought recruits to his house and he got them on his boat and into clubs is not close to what theses $EC schools are doing like straight up buying kids.

His way of "recruiting" kids was showing them a good time, showing them all the access they would have to his yacht, mansion,VIP clubs etc... once they would become Hurricanes.

If I remember correctly our biggest recruiting violation for football was Ray Ray Armstrong and Dyron Dye sleeping at Clint Hurtt's house instead of them paying for their own hotel on an unofficial visit.

This quote right here(that you posted) says it all:

He did not say something like:

"**** yeah I bought a lot of kids for Miami, with the financial situations these kids come from, and the money I have, I can help these high school kids and their families and Miami. I mean all the big schools do it..."

And I'm sure he might have mentioned a bidding war or two to sweeten the story lol. Remember this guy is a professional liar who twists the story to get what he wants, and what he wanted was for us to receive the death penalty b/c we "turned our backs on him when he needed us most".

And you honestly think this little **** wouldn't want to brag about the prized recruits that he bought for us? With his ego?

But he did not mention paying any recruits or buying us any players which would have given us a competitive advantage over other programs, he mainly just bought meals and bar tabs and VIP access for current players and gave a few current players some money, but there was NO MENTION OF HIM PAYING RECRUITS.

So before you want to act all tuff on the internet with the "Come on man, don't speak unless spoken to" think before you post.

Stay ignorant. He helped get us recruits. That's the point and yes he lost some and won some no matter if money is changing hands or if he was paying for stuff it's all impermissible benefits for a reason.

Also not internet tuff. My home town is in my name. Anybody that's wants to find me can just ask.

Advertisement
Good new is this **** is over with, stick a fork in the little ***** twice to make sure he is done.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back