Defense Depth Chart Predictions on 9/1

His depth chart is what we will likely see it was about the same as the post spring depth chart.

I think golden and d'onofrio is dumb as ****. Why do they keep trying to use that semi 3-4, semi 4-3 base lineup?

If they ran a real 3-4 it would create more depth at lb and give more pass rush.

You could have inside at mlb perryman,figs,kirby,grace,owens,young,blue. At olb you would have mccord,aqm,harris,jackson,smith,mccray and put chad there too.

They are putting all the pass rushers at the same position the so called rush lb and **** is dumb.

Advertisement
I think Carter & Jenkins become Co-starters (when Al put "Or") on the depth chart and I'm a huge Carter fan but there both really talented we should be vastly improved this year!!! go Canes!!

WDE 1.Pierre 2. Moten or Hamilton 3. King

NT 1. Wyche or Heurtelou 2. Moore or Jenkins

SDE 1.Chickillo 2. Kamalu or Thomas

JACK 1. AQM or McCord 2. Harris or D Jackson

WLB 1. Kirby 2. Grace

MLB 1.Perryman 2. Blue or Young

SLB 1.Figueroa or Armbrister 2. Owens

CB 1.Howard 2. Elder or Crawford

CB 1. Burns or Gunter 2. Dortch or Mayes

SS 1. Jenkins or JCarter 2. Fentress or Gayot

FS 1. Bush or Crawford 2. Hester

I wonder who our 4th best true linebacker will be (not counting the rush/jack spot). Would sure be nice if Grace established himself as a true stud. I'm still completely unsure of what we have in Kirby.

I agree with you. I was a huge fan of Kirby when he initially got to the U. I'm pulling really hard for him to take that next step because I think he could be pretty good but he obviously hasn't done that yet.

I'm also thinking Pierre and Kamalu step it up and improve quite a bit this year. Having Wyche and Heurtelou in there should help them out as well.

Kamalu was very active at the end of the season. I just hope he does not do with OP did and that's disappear this year. Time for OP to do what he did the last four games the year before.

Advertisement
Our secondary depth has come a long way. This group has the potential to be special. Still have concerns about the DL and linebackers outside of Perryman and Figs.

What makes you so sure of figs ? I've seen the same thing from him that I've seen from Kirby---- nothing. I know he was a true freshman and injured at that, but I just don't understand why people are so confident that he'll be a solid linebacker. But I agree overall. Our linebacking core, IMO, is a bit scary. We really only know about Perryman and Armbrister, everyone else has virtually little to no game experience.

DE Kamalu - Thomas - Hamilton
NT Wyche - Heurtelou - Moore
DE Chick - Pierre - Moten

Advertisement
I think Pierre starts at NT, and Kamalu and Chick lock down the end spots, with Pierre kicking outside when they bring in Wyche on 1st down situations.... I think we will see a ton of subbing on the DL. Not sure if its a good thing but I think there will be a lot of matching up down and distance when they can..
1st
Pierre
Wyche/Huertelou
Chick/Kamalu

2nd short: Same
2nd long:
Kamalu/Chick
Pierre
McCord/Thomas
AQM at Rush lb over Kamalu's side...
3rd short
Pierre/Hamilton
Wyche/Huertelou
Chick/Kamalu
3rd long
same as 2nd and long with maybe even more speed rushers...

Pierre and Chick are walking corpses.

DE Thomas - Chick - Hamilton
NT Wyche - Heurtelou - Moore
DE Kamalu - Pierre - Moten

Fast Twitch depth chart

DE McCord
DT Kamalu
DT Wyche
DE AQM
LB Figs
LB Denzel
LB Kirby
CB Howard
CB Burns
SS Dallas
FS Carter

Advertisement
Fast Twitch depth chart

DE McCord
DT Kamalu
DT Wyche
DE AQM
LB Figs
LB Denzel
LB Kirby
CB Howard
CB Burns
SS Dallas
FS Carter

I feel like Virginia Tech might win a national championship with that defense but we might not finish top 30 with the same guys :(

The only thing I disagree with is Wyche starting. it is just going to be hard for him to pick up the defense with so little time. I still see Pierre 40%, Heurtelou 40%, and Wyche 20%. Kinda like Gus Edwards last year as far as playing time. Other than that though, if Burns beats out Gunter I'd feel bad for Gunter but that is far from a bad thing that back ups are beating out starters this year.

How hard is it to learn stand up left/middle/right??

Advertisement
And why all this love for burns over gunter?what has burns done to get a starting nod? Let him prove it

Last edited by a moderator:
Fast Twitch depth chart

DE McCord
DT Kamalu
DT Wyche
DE AQM
LB Figs
LB Denzel
LB Kirby
CB Howard
CB Burns
SS Dallas
FS Carter
Nice list Rok but for fast twich wouldn't you substitute Grace for Kirby?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back