Coaching Dave Aranda

Advertisement
USC will never be back.
Respectfully, yeah they will, and CFB needs them back. I'm no shill for them and almost always root against them, but CFB needs them to resurge like they need us to.

USC is in the #2 or at the worst, #3 talent rich area in the country.

Plus, they have one rich donor after another lined up ready to brag at a ****tail party in Pacific Palisades, that they "brought back SC! Fight On!!"

Also on recruiting: in addition to talent-rich SoCal, once they are rolling, they pretty much get who they want from anywhere in California, the most populous state in America.

Like Miami, their administration has made one bone headed move after another with their football program, but unlike Miami, I don't know if they're ready to turn that around just yet. Eventually, they will and we will have a bully out west again to boo and hiss at.

Last edited:
I’d be thrilled with Aranda too. We’re not used to looking at coaches of this quality in a long time - Richt aside.
Yeah it’s a blessing to even be in this position as a Miami fan. He knew pretty early the odds were stacked against him in the first place. Then when you start talking Miami investing in the program, he doesn’t have enough time served to get the nod

Yeah it’s a blessing to even be in this position as a Miami fan. He knew pretty early the odds were stacked against him in the first place. Then when you start talking Miami investing in the program, he doesn’t have enough time served to get the nod
If I had to go with someone without a lot of HC time it would be him.

Advertisement
We’ve been trash for 15+ years. We NEED to get this hire right, especially with the admin finally attempting to put their big boy pants on and spend some money. If this blows up in their face it’s over. They won’t give it this type of effort ever again. With that being the case, I’m not comfortable putting all that on a guy that’s been a head coach for a year and a half.

No more base 3-4 defense we tried that with golden
Aranda’s 3-4 base defense is far from that mess we endured.
Ppl get too caught up in base defense. I want a coach that is multiple and schemes to take away the best players and makes in game adjustments

Advertisement
Aranda’s 3-4 base defense is far from that mess we endured.
Ppl get too caught up in base defense. I want a coach that is multiple and schemes to take away the best players and makes in game adjustments
Exactly, people get waaaaaay too hung up on base alignments. By that dude's logic, we shouldn't run a 4 man front either because of how bad Manny's D is. Just because you run a 3-4 doesn't mean it's going to be some plodding, 2-gap bs.

No more base 3-4 defense we tried that with golden
Aranda’s 3-4 is waaaaay more complex than D’nofrio’s read and react, occupy a gap bs. He utilizes a TITE and MINT fronts basically having the NT lining up in 0 technique with two athletic DE lining up on the inside shoulder of the tackles at the 4i with a plethora of gap responsibilities, stunt packages and drop coverages.

Respectfully, yeah they will, and CFB needs them back.

Respectfully, no, they won't.

Not with the tax rates, cost of living, and the "Down South" bag game...no legit coaching candidate is going there with the first 2 that I mentioned.

Oregon after Mario leaves for Miami is a more attractive Pac-10 destination than USC.

Advertisement
To run a 3-4...your *** HAS to have an Elite Nosetackle...we haven't had that since Wilfork...
No doubt. But you have to be strong in the trenches regardless. That's why we need to nail this hire, we need a coach/staff who can identify that talent and then get them here. Unfortunately we haven't had that since the guys who were recruiting Big Vince, either

3-4 is actually more versatile than a 4-3 lol... its just your base, now if the coach doesn't have sub packages to match personnel thats where the problem is. You can be versatile with either one. Bama has a base 3-4, uga has a base 3-4. Its more about the personnel and how its coached. Nobody(i hope) is playing their base defense every snap its actually probably at an all time low today with the new offenses

I think the fanbase has ptsd from the dorito days when he just wasn't a good coach loll the 3-4 is still good and is the most used base in college and NFL

The issue with the 3-4 is exactly what you said. Personnel. 3-4 wants heavier DLineman, which doesn't quite fit the profile of our recruiting base. You're not going to consistently have a high level NT or quality NT depth here.

Advertisement
The issue with the 3-4 is exactly what you said. Personnel. 3-4 wants heavier DLineman, which doesn't quite fit the profile of our recruiting base. You're not going to consistently have a high level NT or quality NT depth here.
I understand that, but if we developed the players we get correctly it could work, john ford is 6-5 315, jordan miller is 6-4 320. Back then K norton was 6'3 318 when he was here, **** i would like him at 3T but leonard taylor is what 6'4 300?...I think we have the prototypes but we need the right S&C and the coaches to develop them there.

3-4 and 4-3 aren't far away different, its just technique and alignments. Like Jaelen Phillips and Roche(transfers i know) both played well here and now they are in 3-4 defenses,it will take an effort to find them i agree, but we have players in Florida who can we just have to develop them correctly.

I understand that, but if we developed the players we get correctly it could work, john ford is 6-5 315, jordan miller is 6-4 320. Back then K norton was 6'3 318 when he was here, **** i would like him at 3T but leonard taylor is what 6'4 300?...I think we have the prototypes but we need the right S&C and the coaches to develop them there.

3-4 and 4-3 aren't far away different, its just technique and alignments. Like Jaelen Phillips and Roche(transfers i know) both played well here and now they are in 3-4 defenses,it will take an effort to find them i agree, but we have players in Florida who can we just have to develop them correctly.

Who's waiting 2 years just to develop someone to fit a defense when you can just run a defense based off what you have And can recruit?

Who's waiting 2 years just to develop someone to fit a defense when you can just run a defense based off what you have And can recruit?
2 years??? Bro its not a huge difference from a 4-3, Idk why u think the body types are so different loll it would take time to teach them how to play in it but thats almost any position in college. And with the right person teaching them it could work.

Jafari harvey could play 3-4 olb its **** near the same as a 4-3 de bro ,same with chantz and roberts, mccloud was brought in to be a 3-4 olb and probably will get drafted or signed by a 3-4 team. DeAndre Johnson played in a 3-4 at Tennessee,

2 years??? Bro its not a huge difference from a 4-3, Idk why u think the body types are so different loll it would take time to teach them how to play in it but thats almost any position in college. And with the right person teaching them it could work.

Jafari harvey could play 3-4 olb its **** near the same as a 4-3 de bro ,same with chantz and roberts, mccloud was brought in to be a 3-4 olb and probably will get drafted or signed by a 3-4 team. DeAndre Johnson played in a 3-4 at Tennessee,

We already have people playing 3T. I'm talking solely about the core of the defense. Not sure why you're bringing up rush ends when I'm talking about NT's.

Advertisement
Back