Coaching Dave Aranda

Advertisement
If the Riley to LSU rumors were true, will be interesting what happens. I would think OU would pursue him then? Herman lands at Baylor. Franklin to USC.

Advertisement
Forgive me, but why should we be ecstatic over a guy who has coached 19 games with a 10-9 record? I get he beat Oklahoma but c'mon I need to see more of a resume with championships and a stack of big wins first before he jumps to near the top of the list. How does he recruit? Ties to Florida? Again, these "up and comers" come with huge risks. This time, we need someone proven. The week before the OU win, he lost to TCU with an interim coach. Just saying...

If the $20-30 mil in additional annual funding is legit, Miami is a more attractive job than USC and comparable to LSU imo.
Reason I said that - we all know he coached at LSU for years so he is already familiar with that program. Who knows if he wants to go back. And usc becauses he’s born and raised in SoCal. Even went to college out there.

And that’s going to be the biggest if I’m CFB history spending that money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Forgive me, but why should we be ecstatic over a guy who has coached 19 games with a 10-9 record? I get he beat Oklahoma but c'mon I need to see more of a resume with championships and a stack of big wins first before he jumps to near the top of the list. How does he recruit? Ties to Florida? Again, these "up and comers" come with huge risks. This time, we need someone proven. The week before the OU win, he lost to TCU with an interim coach. Just saying...
Where's Mario's and Kiffins Championships and Stack of big Wins at???

We live in reality. Name all the coaches with all these big wins that we could get? No coach we will pursue or get comes without some uncertainty.

10-9 as a HC.

It's way too early for me.

He took over a stacked Baylor team too - so that record isn't a mirage.
Completely agree. Way too small of a sample size. I'm always skeptical of a guy getting praise of turning around a program when he did worse his first year than the prior coaches last year. Ya it's great he's 9-2 this year but Baylor went 11-3 the year before he got there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back