Coaching Conundrum - Mario possibility compared to Scott Frost going home

Liberty City shared his perspective on Mario below. I agree with him on what he said. Many of you have shared great thoughts that are pro/anti Mario & other possible candidates.

He would be my first choice for Miami due to a lot of reasons. To go along with the sentiment LCE shared, I started to think about Scott Frost. He had great success at UCF, learned on the job and went home. That hasn’t worked well for him into year three. Would we have the patience if Mario had similar results? Why is it working out well for Frost? Did he become a bad coach overnight or are other factors in play here?

What do you guys think?

Post in thread 'Who would you want for HC'
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/who-would-you-want-for-hc.172069/post-5406921
The comparison is valid but it’s not accurate. Difference is going to Nebraska vs Florida. Mario will still be recruiting at an elite level. Frost went to Nebraska and tried to keep Florida athletes and that has failed they all transfer

Advertisement
I am concerned that Mario is a 2 to 3 loss a year guy like Mullin and several others. He will not ***** things up, but likewise he will not shock the world. Perhaps that is the best we can hope for……
So our floor raises by about 3-4 wins per year? Deal

Surround Mario with everything takes to prevent it and you wont have a Scott Frost situation.
AD: Alonzo AAD: Gino
HC: Mario
OC: Ponce
OL: Mirabal
WR: Likens
RB: Seider/Hickson
TE: Hartley/Fields
DC: Muschamp
DL: Partridge
LB: Patrick/Aristide
DB: Robinson
DB: Reed/VanDyke

We arent gonna have a frost situation if we roll that out. That staff gets a top 10 (9) class year one and probably wins the Coastal.
Year 2 they push for a top 5 class (6) and dominate most the year in the Coastal. Maybe they dont beat Clemson but they go to the OB winning it at 11-3.
Year 3 its a top 5 team (5) to start the year and the recruiting class will finish top 5 (5). They'll go 11-1 and play Clemson in a toss up game. They win, they in the play off.

Liberty City shared his perspective on Mario below. I agree with him on what he said. Many of you have shared great thoughts that are pro/anti Mario & other possible candidates.

He would be my first choice for Miami due to a lot of reasons. To go along with the sentiment LCE shared, I started to think about Scott Frost. He had great success at UCF, learned on the job and went home. That hasn’t worked well for him into year three. Would we have the patience if Mario had similar results? Why is it working out well for Frost? Did he become a bad coach overnight or are other factors in play here?

What do you guys think?

Post in thread 'Who would you want for HC'
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/who-would-you-want-for-hc.172069/post-5406921
UCF football has been good most of its short existence. Quan Lee tha god chose them over miami n Florida. Nebraska plays a much tougher schedule then ucf in the aac and when they Goto the big 12 who knows if that league is still considered a power conference without its two biggest brands. Also cristobol is at a school committed to football and he has more resources then miami probably ever will be so idk why he’s coming here unless he misses south Florida

Mario would crush it at Miami. He's an ace recruiter...which is by far the #1 most important thing in CFB (due to the limited time coaches have to work with players). He also knows the OL & TE positions very well and would help us upgrade our trenches big time. He would also bring back toughness. Mario knows intimately what Miami football should look like & what it takes to be a champion (at that level). He may not be Jimmy Johnson but he would likely get Miami back into major bowls (and playoff contention).

Advertisement
Mario is 8-4 in last 12 games Manny is 7-5
Mario beat Ohio st at Ohio st. Where’s manny’s signature wins? Beating a historically terrible fsu team last two years. without a bigger budget for assistants mario would suck here. need O’Brien

Understood, but Manny is recruiting, this year aside, top 15 classes.

You don’t think Mario could get guys to consistently be between 7-12 every year?

I think we agree that Mario is a way better coach with a way better staff. 9-10 win seasons for the next 2-3 years wouldn’t be good enough for now as a start?

Mario is better than Manny, but I am not convinced that he is the best answer for us.

Frost's situation is different from Mario's. Both Nebraska and Miami are trying to return to the glory days, but one location is in a hotbed of talent and the other isn't.

Advertisement
Mario is 8-4 in last 12 games Manny is 7-5
I’m sure having 4 players sit out, including star LT, star S and his star QB drafted a year prior. Had nothing to do with it. Not to mention the messy start for the pac 12 last year. Also No spring training if I’m not mistaken.

Notice how you don't quite know where his hand is
He’s absolutely copping a feel. Part 1 of the smell test. If you can smell it through her jeans, time to move along

Advertisement
He’s absolutely copping a feel. Part 1 of the smell test. If you can smell it through her jeans, time to move along
Ded Teletubbie GIF by MOODMAN

I’m sure having 4 players sit out, including star LT, star S and his star QB drafted a year prior. Had nothing to do with it. Not to mention the messy start for the pac 12 last year. Also No spring training if I’m not mistaken.

Come on dude.

Advertisement
I’ve heard a few stories from die hard Husker fans.
Their problem is well known: today's national/global market place for talent makes it much harder for said talent to visit Lincoln as often (or at all) at programs with much easier routes of access.

Add in even bigger money amd the Cornhuskers fall further behind in the arms race.

Urban, he did that a few days ago. Wife isn't too happy.
The rumor was Meyer had a co-ed problem in Gainesville. Thus, the faint heart attack issues arose and then miraculously after a short siesta he shows up in Columbus.

Their problem is well known: today's national/global market place for talent makes it much harder for said talent to visit Lincoln as often (or at all) at programs with much easier routes of access.

Add in even bigger money amd the Cornhuskers fall further behind in the arms race.
Yes, and that Howdy Doody looking MFer, Shawn Eichorst, fired Pelini, who won no less than 9 games every year he was at Nebraska. ***** him for hiring Golden.

1633368877537.jpeg
81x-AgpG2ML._SY445_.jpg

Advertisement
Back