Coaching Conundrum - Mario possibility compared to Scott Frost going home

PIPO

Bathing in Nole Tears!!
Premium
Liberty City shared his perspective on Mario below. I agree with him on what he said. Many of you have shared great thoughts that are pro/anti Mario & other possible candidates.

He would be my first choice for Miami due to a lot of reasons. To go along with the sentiment LCE shared, I started to think about Scott Frost. He had great success at UCF, learned on the job and went home. That hasn’t worked well for him into year three. Would we have the patience if Mario had similar results? Why is it working out well for Frost? Did he become a bad coach overnight or are other factors in play here?

What do you guys think?

Post in thread 'Who would you want for HC'
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/who-would-you-want-for-hc.172069/post-5406921

Last edited:
Advertisement
Liberty City shared his perspective on Mario below. I agree with him on what he said. Many of you have shared great thoughts pro/anti Mario & other possible candidates.

He would be a my first choice for Miami due to a lot of reasons. To go along with the sentiment LCE shared, I started to think about Scott Frost. He had great success at UCF, learned on the job and went home. That hasn’t worked well for him into year three. Would we have the patience if Mario had similar results? Why is it working out well for Frost? Did he become a bad coach overnight or are other factors in play here?

What do you guys think?

Post in thread 'Who would you want for HC'
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/who-would-you-want-for-hc.172069/post-5406921
Massive other factors at Nebraska.

DC040714-9AE1-4642-A481-CDB7ABC2CFB3.jpeg

This guy can lead us to the promise land. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I also think Mario will be a tough pull. The new Nike NIL program is a game changer for them. They can hand recruits (and families) legal money.

I love UM, and I'm sure Mario does even more, but it would makes no actual sense. If he did, it would be a completely emotional decision.

I don't think you can compare Frost's situation to Mario's. Mario is currently in a better situation, with way more support. Nebraska is definitely a step up from UCF. I don't know if I could confidently say UM is a better situation than Oregon, recruiting base aside.

Regardless, the new AD should do the right thing for a former alumni and offer an Interview, even if it only leads to a pay bump for an alumni.

Advertisement
Massive other factors at Nebraska.
Nobody said that prior to Frost ****ting the bed there though. Same excuses would be made for Luigi.

"Massive other factors at Miami. The administration, recruiting budget, facilities, staff budget, blah blah blah."

Advertisement
Frost was winning at UCF. Not sure if it was someone else’s players but also there’s a competition difference from Nebraska. Nebraska’s also a tough place to recruit at in this day and age.
Yeah but he wasn’t even being competitive. I know the competition level is different but year 3, I would’ve thought his coaching would have them trending up in terms of more wins per losses each year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nobody said that prior to Frost ****ting the bed there though. Same excuses would be made for Luigi.

"Massive other factors at Miami. The administration, recruiting budget, facilities, staff budget, blah blah blah."
Almost impossible now to recruit at Lincoln compared to Top 5 programs, and that is just in B1G, let alone nationally.

Almost impossible now to recruit at Lincoln compared to Top 5 programs, and that is just in B1G, let alone nationally.
I absolutely agree. I just think the buzz over Frost being the uber hot name on the block overrode a sober assessment of Nebraska's situation.

I do think he was either exposed or regressed as a coach there too though. Might not be able to handle real stress and started having flashbacks to hiding in the closet hoping Lawrence Phillips wouldn't throw his *** down the stairs too.

Advertisement
Back