MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

IN ADDITION TO the other F$U/Clemson lawsuits, we ALL need to file suit in North Carolina in order to determine that the unilateral extension that the ACC Commissioner gave to ESPN was an impermissible violation of the ACC Constitution, and that ESPN has already passed the deadline for opting to extend the TV deal to 2035.

Advertisement
A major concern regarding the entire realignment topic is the U of Miami "in house" attitude and position regarding it. One attorney who is on canesport, who apparently has some contacts inside UM, stated that they (the administration) aren't really panicking or concerned regarding the realignment issue at this point in time. They are simply watching to see what happens with FSU / Clemson, how they exit if they do, how they do in their new conferences, and Miami might just be content in becoming the dominant ACC conference member. Apparently the UM admin doesn't view the "P2" as becoming a reality, at least in the short term, and if it does eventually take shape, then they believe they will be able to be part of it at some point. (note: this is the comment made by this one attorney ... I have "0" contacts inside UM).
If this true….IF…. Miami = BlackBerry/Nokia/Windows Mobile

What's incredible to me is in the BIG10 "super league" that wants all this power when it comes to the football playoff and seeds you still have:

Illinois
Iowa
Minnesota
Northwestern
Purdue
Rutgers
Maryland
Indiana

It's almost half the league. To me, that's the bulls*** in all this.

Advertisement
What's incredible to me is in the BIG10 "super league" that wants all this power when it comes to the football playoff and seeds you still have:

Illinois
Iowa
Minnesota
Northwestern
Purdue
Rutgers
Maryland
Indiana

Almost makes you think the discussion of a new super league might have some legs to it considering ESPN is bleeding money.

that's extremely naive IF that's their official stance... content being the dominant ACC conference member? They're aware that if FSU and Clemson leave, the B1G and SEC annual payments will go up and ACC's will go way down.. it won't be just $30-$40mill a year of a shortfall eventually it'll be $80mil a year less...
I refuse to believe that...my hope is that whatever precedent FSU and Clemson set in leaving, Miami is just watching and waiting and then will choose the best path for our own exit and save legal fees in the process.... but maybe that's naive too

This is what people fear… then people says relax, that can’t be true because it’s ridiculous… then people point to the 20+ years of examples…

As we approach 900 pages…

Illinois
Iowa
Minnesota
Northwestern
Purdue
Rutgers
Maryland
Indiana

And then look in the mirror… and at the calendar and realize we just lost to Rutgers… and haven’t done **** in 20 years

And you absolutely refuse to factor in synergy.
1000001311.gif

Advertisement
And then look in the mirror… and at the calendar and realize we just lost to Rutgers… and haven’t done **** in 20 years
Except give people a glimpse of what it's like when Miami does matter back in 2017.

When has Rutgers been anything? They've had two double digit win seasons EVER. The only think they bring is carriage fees.

If this true….IF…. Miami = BlackBerry/Nokia/Windows Mobile
Yeah I can confidently say, as I have on this thread before, that UM Admin isn’t just standing by on this issue. They have not adopted the FSU approach, but they aren’t not doing anything either.

Again, there are a handful of people at UM driving this process for us. They do not leak, and they’re keeping their cards (whatever they are) close to their chest.

To be fair, probably 90% of the total UM fanbase in Hawaii were the 21 license plates you came across.
Don't be an ***...Everywhere I go I see Miami flags, tags and people flashing the U. I regularly travel between Columbia, SC , Savannah, Charleston, Atlanta, Greenville, Charlotte, Raleigh, Wilmington, Myrtle Beach. Everywhere I see them.

Advertisement
Don't be an ***...Everywhere I go I see Miami flags, tags and people flashing the U. I regularly travel between Columbia, SC , Savannah, Charleston, Atlanta, Greenville, Charlotte, Raleigh, Wilmington, Myrtle Beach. Everywhere I see them.

Absolute truth.

I wear UM stuff nearly every day. Can't tell you how many people in ATL have thrown up the U.

Er, you might want to reread his post.

Advertisement
Yeah I can confidently say, as I have on this thread before, that UM Admin isn’t just standing by on this issue. They have not adopted the FSU approach, but they aren’t not doing anything either.

Again, there are a handful of people at UM driving this process for us. They do not leak, and they’re keeping their cards (whatever they are) close to their chest.

But you have to admit, there is close to zero reason for most to trust that those cards are ready to play high limit poker vs go fish…

Right now, we’re fishing for a P2 seat…

Advertisement
Back