MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Arbitration/mediation is the WORST possible solution here.

This is NOT a "let's meet in the middle" issue. The GOR is bogus, and needs to be decided accordingly.

NOT "hey, I'll give you half of what you claimed the damages would be through 2036". **** that bull****.

Exactly why a settlement is likely.

FSU and Clemson are terrified of being stuck until 2036.
acc is terrified of losing the entire conference

Advertisement
Exactly why a settlement is likely.

FSU and Clemson are terrified of being stuck until 2036.
acc is terrified of losing the entire conference

I'm not completely saying "no" or "wrong". You may very well be right.

But I'm still bothered by the premise, because even a negotiated settlement (with arbitration/mediation 6 months down the road) may take on a "50-50 split" as a starting point.

Something that fills me with the urge to DEFECATE (to quote the judge at the end of Pink Floyd's "The Wall")...

Advertisement
I wonder what it means for the program if we find out that UM voted to sue FSU. Either UM really loves the ACC, doesn't have an invite to the P2, or just wants to bleed FSU for the entertainment value.
I'd vote to sue just to add more mayhem and negativity to the ACC. The sooner everything goes to ****, the sooner we're out.

Advertisement
Maybe they lied and they was no vote lol

The ACC commissioner was (and is) very desperate.

Wouldn't be shocking if the some of the "yes" votes weren't actually votes but rather "confirmations" derived from previous conversations with administrators at various schools.

In other words, there's no real documentation to be unearthed.

Advertisement

McKenzie seems to be a clown on a lot of things but he’s right about this. One advantage we have in realignment is that we’re completely in control if/when the decision comes. UNC seems to be a package deal with NCST. Add in the other NC schools and this becomes way more complicated. NCST is not a prime add for the SEC or Big.

1714006631886.png

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

McKenzie seems to be a clown on a lot of things but he’s right about this. One advantage we have in realignment is that we’re completely in control if/when the decision comes. UNC seems to be a package deal with NCST. Add in the other NC schools and this becomes way more complicated. NCST is not a prime add for the SEC or Big.

McKenzie is not right about that. It has already been discussed that while the NC Trustees have to give final approval, it may very well be a "compensatory" deal, similar to how the California governing body forced UCLA to compensate Cal.

As for the Duke/Wake "package deal" nonsense, it's because he is a Duke alum that he is saying that. UNC doesn't give two ***** about aligning with Duke/Wake if UNC has the chance to join either of the P2 conferences.

Advertisement
Back