MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Waiting on some CFB fan to start a class action suit stating all this robbing schools from conferences,teams jumping all over the place is causing him undue stress and is ruining his CFB experience and he should be paid for his hardships…

Miami-FSU
Miami-ND
Miami-Nebraska
Miami-Penn St

All of these would draw enough eyes to justify our admission

4 games a year, which may not be scheduled every season (other than FSU) justifies paying for 100 million per year for a team that, if the trend of the last 15 years continues, could hover around .500 in perpetuity? Look I am a UM fan so I’ll put the most positive spin on it to any outsiders. But here in the family, truth is I can see a network saying , "UM will still be available in 2033. We will have a much better idea by then of whether this sudden surge in investment was window dressing or is permanent.”

Let me ask you- let’s say you were best friends with a girl who was a knockout for a few years. She put on a little weight for a while, but lost it and was looking great again for around 5 years. Then she got enormously fat for 15 years and had to use one of those motorized carts to shop at Walmart. Now she discovered Ozempic and has slimmed back down and is a super MILF. You are a single guy , and she says she wants to get married and settle down with you. Do you jump at the chance and put a ring on her finger, or do you flirt for a few years to find out whether she only lost weight to catch your eye and trick you into getting married,or if she made a real permanent lifestyle change?

Advertisement
4 games a year, which may not be scheduled every season (other than FSU) justifies paying for 100 million per year for a team that, if the trend of the last 15 years continues, could hover around .500 in perpetuity? Look I am a UM fan so I’ll put the most positive spin on it to any outsiders. But here in the family, truth is I can see a network saying , "UM will still be available in 2033. We will have a much better idea by then of whether this sudden surge in investment was window dressing or is permanent.”

Let me ask you- let’s say you were best friends with a girl who was a knockout for a few years. She put on a little weight for a while, but lost it and was looking great again for around 5 years. Then she got enormously fat for 15 years and had to use one of those motorized carts to shop at Walmart. Now she discovered Ozempic and has slimmed back down and is a super MILF. You are a single guy , and she says she wants to get married and settle down with you. Do you jump at the chance and put a ring on her finger, or do you flirt for a few years to find out whether she only lost weight to catch your eye and trick you into getting married,or if she made a real permanent lifestyle change?
I get the skepticism, but you can make that argument about any school. Don't sell us short.

And I've told you before, I'm not dating your sister. It would just make things weird when we hang out.

Super MILF? We're getting into granny **** with that timeline. :cool:

OK, you're definitely trolling we get it. "Available in 2033?". Odds are better that there won't even BE an ACC in 2028.

Fair point… we paid high for ozempic, lost no weight and it turned out to be counterfeit … guy that sold it to us has reformulated the product for 2024…. Some still a bit skeptical…

Advertisement
OK, you're definitely trolling we get it. "Available in 2033?". Odds are better that there won't even BE an ACC in 2028.

F&ck off with your accusations of trolling. I started posting on UM fan forums while you were still trying to fingerbang your fat 6th grade girlfriend on the back of the school bus.

Big12 will probably raid the ACC if the ACC doesn’t survive in some form. Big12 has a joint media deal where Fox and ESPN both carry games. So from a networks perspective, what is the disincentive to tell the P2 it wants to see if UM has turned a corner or not by giving us a trial run in the B12 (whose media agreement ends in 2030). If we prove to be contenders , then we get an invite when the B12 deal runs out. If we aren’t, both networks say they dodged a bullet by not getting played by a UM admin that literally only started taking football seriously when Kirk Herbstreit publicly embarrassed UM, which resulted in the BOT being embarrassed by the snickering at the Country Club. And even then, we saw investments in football and basketball, but baseball has been the same old garbage .

We are not in a UNC situation where both B1G and SEC know if they don’t reel them in, they are going to the other conference.
We are really only be considered by the B1G. The problem is leverage. We have none, so they have the luxury of time, knowing we will still be available 7 years from now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's pretty obvious that the B1G is a conference that cares only about coins. That's their calculation. You've got Oregon, USC, Northwester, Purdue, Maryland, and Rutgers in the same conference.

Just hope they think we are a sufficient draw.

Or, hope the $EC wants every last nook and cranny of our great state.

Advertisement
You’re a lot younger than me - and getting testy doesn’t make your doom and gloom projection any more viable!

I doubt you are older, but if you are, then you should be old enough to know not to post stupid accusations.

Advertisement
Back