MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

FOX ain't getting FSU because FSU is going to the SEC. Period.

Take that one to the bank, Cane brotha

This "FSU is going to the B1G" is just posturing to help expedite the realignment process.

This is from ESPN's Pete Thamel back in December. He is as tied in with the realignment process an anyone in the business.

"I would think the SEC would be happy to sit at 16 for a while because they really like their footprint. There's enough intimacy. They have a region right now. The only thing that disrupts that is if they have to play defense because they don't want the Big Ten to come into their region.

"Is that Florida State? Is that North Carolina, which is coveted. Virginia, which is coveted. I think the ranking — and people at Florida State and Clemson don't like to hear this — but it's North Carolina, Virginia, Clemson and Florida State. Or maybe Florida State (No. 3) instead of Clemson because they bring more eyeballs and TV sets. Those schools are in the crosshairs."

Step 1: FSU and Clemson
Hard to see how ESPN allows FSU and Clemson (or any "coveted" ACC property) to go anywhere but SEC.

Advertisement
Hard to see how ESPN allows FSU and Clemson (or any "coveted" ACC property) to go anywhere but SEC.
Certainly is conventional wisdom. However the CFP negotiating process that took place recently could very well have included some quid pro quo. FOX says "we won't bid on the next CFP deal, ESPN can have it for the next 6 year renewal ... but ... we want FSU and Clemson".

Advertisement
SC judge rules that Clemson must be given a copy of the ESPN contract in next 7 days.
THAT is the document that could result in the end of the ACC. "Supposedly" the media agreement states that the GOR is in effect ONLY WHILE A SCHOOL IS A MEMBER OF THE CONFERENCE. So, once a school leaves, the FUTURE media rights go with the school. No media buyback period. Just leave the ACC and you leave WITH your media rights. Adios MFER.

In 2023 247 put out "The most recognizable brands per HS recruits" and Miami was 10th.

In a metric of home attendance, market share, TV ratings, valuation and social following- Miami is 24th.

The U draws attention, even when buried on ESPN3XX+/-
But are Fox and ESPN looking for programs that "win the right way"... :cool:

Advertisement
Sipping Tea Time GIF

No Stress Relax GIF

Relaxing Big Cat GIF by Nature on PBS

Ashley Olsen GIF by Filmeditor
Hbo Tens GIF by A Black Lady Sketch Show

FSU is very close to AAU. They have a very aggressive research expenditure program laid out and are implementing it, and it includes new medical research activities. I firmly believe that FSU does have a B10 invite, with full share. The only question is ... does ESPN step in finally and use their muscle to "usher" FSU to the SEC? @Genetics (yeah, I know, click bait generator ... but does have some actual contacts as well due to his job) stated on Warchant yesterday that he had visited two B10 schools (job related) and was discussing realignment ... the names that came up by the school reps were FSU, Clemson, UNC and UVA. Clemson is the one that is "AAU Challenged" and has had little B10 university president support ... but a lot of FOX media support due to viewership. I hope that ESPN overcomes the inertia of "remaining at 16" and grabs FSU and UNC along with Clemson. That would make Miami the Florida inroad for the B10. Will be interesting to see how this unfolds, and it is critical that Miami have a high profile season in 24.
I know he has contacts but is his job realignment? What is his job? He posts like he's pushing buttons and directing traffic as the head of realignment, so I'd assume that is his job. If not, he's just picking up insider info from his contacts and layering a bunch of his own commentary on top. This is how you end up with prediction percentages on where everyone is going to end up. He was probably legit at some point a while back, but today he is a fraud.

The handwriting has been on the wall for years. Once that basketball players sued EA Sports, that crack opened the door for all of this.
Greedy college presidents and boards couldn't see the tsunami coming because they didn't want to give up one cent of their empire. They should've put in a pay for play system 20 years ago. Serves them right.

Advertisement
I don’t have a very positive feeling about this process. I hope we are working behind the scenes to take care of our future. Won’t be happy if we go to the Big12 either.

I think the Clemson suit for defaming their championship is just a way to help leverage a lower exit fee.

However this shakes out, when the ACC finally folds I hope every Tobacco Road school joins a conference where the referees ***** them year in and year out.

Advertisement
I know he has contacts but is his job realignment? What is his job? He posts like he's pushing buttons and directing traffic as the head of realignment, so I'd assume that is his job. If not, he's just picking up insider info from his contacts and layering a bunch of his own commentary on top. This is how you end up with prediction percentages on where everyone is going to end up. He was probably legit at some point a while back, but today he is a fraud.
He worked AT two B10 schools after graduating from college and now works for some sort of service company that provides services for B10 university athletic departments. So he visits schools, has contacts at schools, and gets some information as to what B10 schools are thinking regarding expansion. That's it. It is his hobby.

I don't understand how people think our negatives are magnified by x1000 but our positives just don't matter. I don't understand for the life of me how UVA (and I'm a UVA Alum) is so apparently coveted by the Big or SEC. They don't have the NIL, $$$ commitment, or desire to compete at the highest levels of CFB. What they offer is geography, a market, and stellar academics. We've sucked and still beat them in every metric the networks care about (attendance, viewership, budget, NIL, etc.). Also, VT has far more of a following in Virginia, CFB wise, than UVA.
Market is what it is all about. Getting the most Wahoos to sign up for the Fox Sports digital platform. Big state schools (especially flagship schools) give the most bang for the buck - huge student enrollment, alumni throughout the state. It's one of the biggest reasons why FSU is more attractive than Miami IMO.

Advertisement
Back