Coaching Coaching Profile: Aaron Feld

@AlphaMarshan mentioned this very possibility before the season began. It has come to fruition. Why? We can't know for sure. But if you do not think this is-what he termed a "concern" which is a very fair way to put it-you are putting your head in the sand and pretending this is not an issue and it is.
You can say that about literally every team. Then just wait for it to happen and then be like see said so.

Again, list our injured players and what their injuries are. If you did that I think the only answer would be Feld is only training the Offensive players and not the defensive guys.... or, and this may be me going out on a limb here ... after 9 months a string of injuries isn't enough to say Feld needs to be fired for being incompetent and getting our guys injured...

Advertisement
Are you referring to the same McCormick who broke his leg before Mario was in charge and the old S&C staff that got in trouble for intense workouts were running things. then some of the the issues came with issues from screws in his leg and multiple surgeries afterward.

But Mario kept him on the roster despite setbacks
Yes. And MC did a good and wonderful thing there. My point is that the current conditioning staff is doing good work.

You can say that about literally every team. Then just wait for it to happen and then be like see said so.

Again, list our injured players and what their injuries are. If you did that I think the only answer would be Feld is only training the Offensive players and not the defensive guys.... or, and this may be me going out on a limb here ... after 9 months a string of injuries isn't enough to say Feld needs to be fired for being incompetent and getting our guys injured...
Literally no one is saying that. You are creating strawmen. I mean, are you reading what I've stated? I specifically said that I have no idea if it's Feld or practice schedule or something in between or just bad luck. That said, it is a concern. I don't know what better way to say it.

Feld likely isn't going anywhere. But if this happens against next year, there will be more data that suggests it's not just "it's football, injuries happen."

I'm pretty cognizant of what I say. If you'd read what I actually said, I never once insinuated he was incompetent or that he should be fired. I merely pointed out a strong correlation for Feld and injuries that makes me suspicious, even if I don't have a causal link.

Even the Oregon fan right above me confirms their injuries have magically vanished since he's been gone, and they have a new coaching staff. It's enough to warrant suspicion.

Also, we can't get a list of injured players and what their injuries are as they don't make them available to the public. Just like I don't know what his programming is since they don't make that available to the public either.

My point is that we never had injuries to this degree under Feeley, but everyone wants to throw their hands up and say "we're cursed" when stuff like this happens. We're not cursed, there's a rational explanation for a rise in injuries, and I want to know what it is, but I'll be the first to tell you I don't have hard proof. But something isn't right. Guys shouldn't be dropping during warm-ups, for God's sake.

I'm pretty cognizant of what I say. If you'd read what I actually said, I never once insinuated he was incompetent or that he should be fired. I merely pointed out a strong correlation for Feld and injuries that makes me suspicious, even if I don't have a causal link.

Even the Oregon fan right above me confirms their injuries have magically vanished since he's been gone, and they have a new coaching staff. It's enough to warrant suspicion.

Also, we can't get a list of injured players and what their injuries are as they don't make them available to the public. Just like I don't know what his programming is since they don't make that available to the public either.

My point is that we never had injuries to this degree under Feeley, but everyone wants to throw their hands up and say "we're cursed" when stuff like this happens. We're not cursed, there's a rational explanation for a rise in injuries, and I want to know what it is, but I'll be the first to tell you I don't have hard proof. But something isn't right. Guys shouldn't be dropping during warm-ups, for God's sake.

So you think its a technique he is making them do? I'm not criticizing you...just want to understand what would be the issue if there was an issue. Is it poor technique? is it overload? What do you think is the nature of the problem?

Advertisement
Literally no one is saying that. You are creating strawmen. I mean, are you reading what I've stated? I specifically said that I have no idea if it's Feld or practice schedule or something in between or just bad luck. That said, it is a concern. I don't know what better way to say it.

Feld likely isn't going anywhere. But if this happens against next year, there will be more data that suggests it's not just "it's football, injuries happen."
Its a bit like saying "If alexcane was a pedophile he should go to prison. Well sure there is no proof he is. But I mean he could be, right? And he doesn't have a kid, so its a concern anytime he is in the area of a school..." Like I watch a lot of non-Miami football too, and so many teams are dealing with injuries - including professional teams, that presumably will also have great S&C/training/health programs, that I just don't get the over reaction. I just watched the Packers vs Lions today, and players were dropping like Flies. Not once did I think, hmm their S&C Coach is unqualified.

So you think its a technique he is making them do? I'm not criticizing you...just want to understand what would be the issue if there was an issue. Is it poor technique? is it overload? What do you think is the nature of the problem?
I literally quoted my own post on page 4 with a simplified explanation of what could be going on:
The Ugly

Oregon had a LOT of injuries this year. A LOT. It is extremely difficult to get a database of how many players were injured, the degree of their injuries, and the cause of their injuries. I mentioned in the other thread that non-contact ACL tears / knee injuries are in many ways directly reflective of the S&C program. Overtraining certain movements like hip and knee extension while undertraining the hamstrings can lead to joint instability in the knee. Also, training in the sagittal plane only can be detrimental when athletes do not move in a single plane. It’s very, very difficult to attribute an “accident” to one person, but I’m very concerned with how many injuries Oregon suffered this year. The sign of a good S&C coach is that injury prevention is the primary priority, and often the “best” S&C coaches will have far fewer injuries than their competitors. This will be something we need to keep an eye on.
I mean I'm not going to go into an entire dissertation on knee stability but non-contact ligament problems in the knee are a strong indicator of improper S&C programming, it means there's an overemphasis on hip and knee extension without properly balancing the agonist movement which helps prevent you from blowing your knees out. There are entire protocols for ligament health in the knees and shoulders. ****, I've been to S&C conferences and all they talked about was shoulder and knee health and injury prevention.

Like I said, I don't know what's going on - there are a ton of variables at play here - but I know that the rise in non-contact injuries we're seeing are not coincidence.

Shaud Williams (top asst S&C), jordan Troester(Director of Sports Performance), Ben McKay (Sports Science Coordinator), were all brought in By Mario and retained at Oregon. **** Wilson Love their Head S&C guy Worked under Cochran at Bama around the same time Feld did…and is another high energy maniac. Cochran wasn’t doing anything special. But was a good figure head with a booming voice that motivated with a legit staff around him most years.

Advertisement
Not me, I trained with some hardcore powerlifters and bodybuilders in college. We didn’t want or need corny **** in the gym. We wanted focus and intensity. Field may think he oozes intensity but it’s a shtick and comes across as exhausting.

Some Penn State players would come work out with us on free days to get in a good workout. They liked it much more than the crap John Thomas was pushing up there….the same John Thomas that worked at UM under Gus.
Interesting, I don’t really know the powerlifting scene, but I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. If Feld is as disliked as Joe Thomas + the injury history, then he should go

Its a bit like saying "If alexcane was a pedophile he should go to prison. Well sure there is no proof he is. But I mean he could be, right? And he doesn't have a kid, so its a concern anytime he is in the area of a school..."
It's not like that at all, stop.
Like I watch a lot of non-Miami football too, and so many teams are dealing with injuries - including professional teams, that presumably will also have great S&C/training/health programs, that I just don't get the over reaction. I just watched the Packers vs Lions today, and players were dropping like Flies. Not once did I think, hmm their S&C Coach is unqualified.
Again, if you'd read what I said, I've always stated that football is a collision sport and there will be injuries. There isn't anything you can do when a 250lbs LB collides full speed into someone's shoulder. I'm talking specifically about non-contact injuries.

Actually, I think that all the time. Just because someone is in the pros doesn't mean they're any more qualified. Again, I've been at conferences where some pro guys are awesome and legit know what they're doing, and I've also seen some absolute clowns that aren't qualified and only have their spot because they used to be a former player or something. The S&C research on injury prevention is quite vast now and continues to grow.

Not me, I trained with some hardcore powerlifters and bodybuilders in college. We didn’t want or need corny **** in the gym. We wanted focus and intensity. Field may think he oozes intensity but it’s a shtick and comes across as exhausting.

Some Penn State players would come work out with us on free days to get in a good workout. They liked it much more than the crap John Thomas was pushing up there….the same John Thomas that worked at UM under Gus.
I don't care for that stuff at all either. It's silly. That said, for a program that seemingly takes itself a little too seriously, I don't mind if he wants to have some fun here and there during his downtime.

Advertisement
When it happens once, it's an unfortunate accident. When it happens twice, uhh, it's another accident. When it happens over and over again to the same position, you have a systemic issue that needs to be addressed.
And I could argue all these non-contact injuries are a result of playing on Turf and not grass, and this entire opinion that this is regarding S&C is wrong... How many of our injuries were non-contact? We don't know. How many of the injuries were in the IPF where we have turf? We don't know (keep in mind almost all players believe they get injured more playing on turf vs grass). What even were the injuries? We don't know - unless there were ones that happened during games, sometimes even then we don't know. Just seems like a whole lot of finger pointing but taking the "well maybe its his fault" approach. NOW if you actually had inside information about how the S&C was being ran and had a problem with Feld, then I could actually not disagree with you. But from what has been said in this post, there is absolutely zero actual evidence besides just looking at the total number of injuries and nothing else, and just suggesting it COULD be the fault of S&C. Well yeah, it COULD be the issue. It COULD also have absolutely zero to do with it. Like None of us really know what was going on at Oregon with their S&C. Very few if any people on here have paid any attention to what Oregon was experiencing with Injuries from 2018 to last year. Everyone talks about just last year, but what about the previous 3 seasons? Never hear anything about that.

I just don't think its useful to say it could be due to S&C when you also say you have no info about how the S&C program is even operating. Maybe that's just me I guess...

And I could argue all these non-contact injuries are a result of playing on Turf and not grass, and this entire opinion that this is regarding S&C is wrong... How many of our injuries were non-contact? We don't know. How many of the injuries were in the IPF where we have turf? We don't know (keep in mind almost all players believe they get injured more playing on turf vs grass). What even were the injuries? We don't know - unless there were ones that happened during games, sometimes even then we don't know. Just seems like a whole lot of finger pointing but taking the "well maybe its his fault" approach. NOW if you actually had inside information about how the S&C was being ran and had a problem with Feld, then I could actually not disagree with you. But from what has been said in this post, there is absolutely zero actual evidence besides just looking at the total number of injuries and nothing else, and just suggesting it COULD be the fault of S&C. Well yeah, it COULD be the issue. It COULD also have absolutely zero to do with it. Like None of us really know what was going on at Oregon with their S&C. Very few if any people on here have paid any attention to what Oregon was experiencing with Injuries from 2018 to last year. Everyone talks about just last year, but what about the previous 3 seasons? Never hear anything about that.

I just don't think its useful to say it could be due to S&C when you also say you have no info about how the S&C program is even operating. Maybe that's just me I guess...
Oh sorry, I thought this was a message board. I'll be sure to compile a Master's thesis with full statistical analysis in SPSS for your review by Tuesday morning, sir.

Oh sorry, I thought this was a message board. I'll be sure to compile a Master's thesis with full statistical analysis in SPSS for your review by Tuesday morning, sir.
Your right this is a message board, and without ANY info, I'm saying the post is dumb as ****. Simple really. You can post what you want and I can say its dumb.

Advertisement

Stevenson has been out multiple times, some other DB is out indefinitely- no?, a couple of DT's have missed time, Harvey is in a shoulder sling, haven't multiple ILB's been out? Hedley got injured in warm-ups.

Its a bit like saying "If alexcane was a pedophile he should go to prison. Well sure there is no proof he is. But I mean he could be, right? And he doesn't have a kid, so its a concern anytime he is in the area of a school..." Like I watch a lot of non-Miami football too, and so many teams are dealing with injuries - including professional teams, that presumably will also have great S&C/training/health programs, that I just don't get the over reaction. I just watched the Packers vs Lions today, and players were dropping like Flies. Not once did I think, hmm their S&C Coach is unqualified.
Except it's not, because you're missing the critical element of WHY there's reason for concern. If the rate of child rapes notably increases whenever Alexcane is around, then maybe you'd have a valid analogy, but that wouldn't be as provocative and I think you just wanted to elicit a reaction rather than add to the discussion.

People note an increase in injury and suggest there is concern that s&c is a contributing factor. Stop the presses.

It’s probably the 45 Day Arm challenge

Advertisement
Back