Coaching Coaching Carousel 2023-2024 - Not Miami Related

Advertisement
No it's just a high paying job. All of those schools I mentioned have a better winning history then Texas AM. Outside of maybe Florida all those schools have a ton of money to invest in their football programs as well.
Oregon is a significantly better job than TAMU.

All those SEC jobs are traps.

As long as Saban & Kirby are still around, you’re fighting for 3 or 4th place...

And now you gotta deal with Texas & Oklahoma.

As long as Saban & Kirby are still around, you’re fighting for 3 or 4th place...

I mean worst case scenario they are probably about to give out 10mil+ per year. So you could get a 100 mill contract.

I mean worst case scenario they are probably about to give out 10mil+ per year. So you could get a 100 mill contract.
If you wanna get rich, sure it’s a great gig.

If you have aspirations of winning conference titles & making the playoffs, then you’re S.O.O.L.

But I’m sure for $100mill guaranteed they’d be able to get over it lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Leave my Mullen alone. Need him him coordinating our offense.

Take Mandy there all day.

Chadwick would be an interesting hire.
How Chadwell isn't the top name in most openings is mind boggling. Miss State would be a good fit for him but not sure he'd take it. I'd hold out for a gig set up to win a little better - even Arkansas. I think he goes to UNC when Mack Brown hangs it up.. likely the next few years.

How Chadwell isn't the top name in most openings is mind boggling. Miss State would be a good fit for him but not sure he'd take it. I'd hold out for a gig set up to win a little better - even Arkansas. I think he goes to UNC when Mack Brown hangs it up.. likely the next few years.
Yes, sorry, mistype of Chadwell’s last name.

UNC is interesting since he is from there and of course, more great offense to torture us in the future when Mack is gone.

Whoever gets Willie Fritz eventually is getting a dude. That guy is a coach

He is an outstanding coach but even he had some down years at Tulane. CIS folks would've been flying anti-Fritz banners and showing up to his house with pitch-forks.

Advertisement
Miss St should just try and do what they can to bring Mullen back. Maybe his family doesn’t want to live in that **** hole state again but they don’t need a stepping stone coach again. Mullen can win and while he sucks as a recruiter, he’s a **** good developer of QBs

Advertisement

Jobs vs Opportunities.

Most HC gigs are opportunities, SEC gigs are JOBS. Set up for failure being that you’re not gonna out-talent UGA & Bama, you’ll never get over the hump but you’re getting what? At least $20M guaranteed to sign up for the ****storm?

Miss State signing up Mullen for round 2 seems like a no-brainer.
Can't think of many but does a reunion at HC ever work out like it did the first time? Mack Brown at UNC is the best case of the top of my mind and he's been very mediocre with the caliber of QB play, RBs, and WRs that they've rolled out every year.

Can't think of many but does a reunion at HC ever work out like it did the first time? Mack Brown at UNC is the best case of the top of my mind and he's been very mediocre with the caliber of QB play, RBs, and WRs that they've rolled out every year.
Well, Mack is a good example, like you said. UNC wasn’t winning anything major the first time he was there, either.

Bobby Petrino went back to Louisville after the “motorcycle” incident. He made some noise with Lamar winning the Heisman. But then he flamed out badly after Lamar was gone.

John Robinson returned to USC, but wasn’t as successful the second time around.

Advertisement
Back