Coaching Coaching Carousel 2023-2024 - Not Miami Related

VT and UVA both get another year but will be on the hotseat for next year. UVA playing a TF at QB and VT is broke and cant afford the buyout.

Two that I haven't seen posted:

Butch Jones- Arkansas State
Dana Holgerson- Houston (Dawson will be their first call if it happens)

Advertisement
I wonder about these firings. What are the expectations at a place like BC or UVA? Like cmon you not building anything sustainable there period.

VT and UVA both get another year but will be on the hotseat for next year. UVA playing a TF at QB and VT is broke and cant afford the buyout.

If Houston opens I think they try and get a big name, first hire in the Big 12, might want to make a splash. Also, their last experience of Dawson was him being relieved of play calling

Advertisement
Advertisement

I doubt it would be Dawson for Houston. With them being in the Big 12 now and having plenty of booster $ I'm guessing they'll go for a big-name, splash hire

Advertisement
I doubt it would be Dawson for Houston. With them being in the Big 12 now and having plenty of booster $ I'm guessing they'll go for a big-name, splash hire
Agreed. They're not going to fire their offensive minded head coach to then bring in his old OC that ran the same offense. Especially when they have money to spend.

If Houston opens I think they try and get a big name, first hire in the Big 12, might want to make a splash. Also, their last experience of Dawson was him being relieved of play calling
Yea they're big money with Fertitta backing the program. It'll be a big name.

Advertisement
I’m surprised Aranda hasn’t worked out after that initial start. Texas Oil $ as well should have had them doing well in NIL and I like Grimes their OC.

Money isn't an issue with Baylor, it is an issue with having to compete for the same in-state talent coveted by other big-time Texas schools as well as by neighboring Oklahoma and SEC schools. And it won't be getting easier with the TCUs, Houston and SMUs stepping up their profile.

Not sure what his aspirations are at this point, but Kliff kingsbury is going to be the first call for a lot of teams. I’m interested to see where he fits into the coaching carousel this year

Is LSU crazy enough to fire Kelly after two seasons if he loses say 4 or more games? Always felt like an odd fit anyway.

Advertisement
Back