Official Coach Meier Retires

Advertisement
Wow I’m shocked. Sad she didn’t get one last tournament. Hopefully the incoming recruiting class and current athletes stay.

Advertisement
The program was developed to a point by her where we should have no problem finding a qualified replacement.

I thought the same for mens after last seasons magical run but am not so sure that’s the case after this year and the current Louisville like rebuild we have on our hands

I hope Coach is okay, this was unexpected as all ****, she was raising **** about the snub, and now this. We had a special coach here, and the fact that she was able to have the success she had, despite the obstacles that come with this job(No fan support, no local support, in an extremely competitive conference), was amazing. You never realize what you have until it's gone and a lot of our "Fans" are about to realize that being a consistently competitive program isn't as easy as they think.

Advertisement
I remember attending a coaching clinic with some buddies back around 2010. Billy D, Coach Ham, Haith, Frank Martin, Coach Meier and a few others were all speakers and to a man all of us thought Coach Meier was as informative and resourceful as any of her male counterparts that were there that day. She did a great job teaching and explaining. Over the years I was fortunate enough to sit in on some of her practices. Was never a surprise to me she'd have great success at Miami. She will sorely be missed by fans, HS/AAU coaches, parents and players. Not sure people truly understand the impact she had in the women's game. THANK YOU KATIE!

Advertisement
The program was developed to a point by her where we should have no problem finding a qualified replacement.

I thought the same for mens after last seasons magical run but am not so sure that’s the case after this year and the current Louisville like rebuild we have on our hands
We are a far more attractive destination than Louisville right now

Some detail on her new role:
Among the duties that are envisioned in her new role: further help with fundraising for women’s programs, serving as a mentor and liaising with alumni.

Advertisement
Fascinated to see how Rad runs the search. It's obviously nowhere near the level of a football/baseball hire but his process of replacing a legendary coach may provide some clues around how he'd approach a similar hire when Coach L decides to hang it up.

Advertisement
Back