Chip Kelly

TRock305

Junior
Since this board is full of absurd speculation and downright Cane vs. Cane hatred, just thought I'd throw the name out there.

Fire Golden.

Advertisement
I like it. If we can't get Vince Lombardi, I'd shoot for Chip. I know Vince is dead, and a lot of people say that's a deal killer, but hear me out! We have the same chance of getting Vince Lombardi as we have of getting Chip Kelly.

I like it. If we can't get Vince Lombardi, I'd shoot for Chip. I know Vince is dead, and a lot of people say that's a deal killer, but hear me out! We have the same chance of getting Vince Lombardi as we have of getting Chip Kelly.

THIS

Advertisement
Some UF fans think they are going to make him a monster offer.

Heard the same thing from a friend who goes there. Apparently they want him or Mike Gundy according to him.

Edit: I was thinking of Brian Kelly from ND. My bad.

Advertisement

It would have to be a really big monster to compete with Philly money and resources. There are things he can't do in the NCAA that he does in the nfl
And leave a first place in the NFC east. No way.

I am not saying it will happen but if there are 3 jobs in college he might consider UF would be one. In his close to two years in the pros his offense has been great against avg and bad Defenses but has been awful against the better Ds.

It would have to be a really big monster to compete with Philly money and resources. There are things he can't do in the NCAA that he does in the nfl

I am not saying it will happen but if there are 3 jobs in college he might consider UF would be one. In his close to two years in the pros his offense has been great against avg and bad Defenses but has been awful against the better Ds.

and that awfulness has gotten philly to the playoffs twice in 2 years w terrible qbs. not bad. he's not going back to college

I could see him leaving. But he is winning so I don't see it yet. It's not like Petrino or Saban who is struggling.

Advertisement
Chip Kelly to UiF is less probable than Jameis Winston delaying entry to the Draft to become a Rhodes scholar. We shouldn't even dignify Gayta delusion around here. They'll be lucky if Foley ends up with a Mike Gundy. Texas, a school with resources that dwarf UiF's, had the same type of dreams and ended up with a guy with Muscorch like name appeal (when he left Texas to go to UiF) that's doing a Muscorch like job.

I put Chip Kelly in an elite class of coaches with guys like Jimmy Johnson and Bill Walsh. These are men who changed the game. Bill Walsh changed the game with the west coast passing offense. Jimmy Johnson changed the game with his concept that speed is more valuable than size on defense. Chip Kelly is in the process of changing the game with his philosophy that time of possession is a meaningless stat that is best replaced with total number of plays run on offense.

Advertisement
Chip Kelly is a happy camper in Phlly, getting paid well and winning, the city and fans are 100% behind him--he ain't leavin.

I put Chip Kelly in an elite class of coaches with guys like Jimmy Johnson and Bill Walsh. These are men who changed the game. Bill Walsh changed the game with the west coast passing offense. Jimmy Johnson changed the game with his concept that speed is more valuable than size on defense. Chip Kelly is in the process of changing the game with his philosophy that time of possession is a meaningless stat that is best replaced with total number of plays run on offense.

Hey now, Golden is changing the game too...

Advertisement
Back