Charlie Strong

You can tell after year two at a marquee program if you have a top coach or not. Almost all the top coaches taking over for fired coaches at marquee programs had bad records their first year. Carroll, Saban, all of them. Then year two they flipped the switch.

Advertisement
You can tell after year two at a marquee program if you have a top coach or not. Almost all the top coaches taking over for fired coaches at marquee programs had bad records their first year. Carroll, Saban, all of them. Then year two they flipped the switch.

again don't think its the same as what saban got meaning they turned the team over to him. IMO Texas is going handcuff strong $$$ remember where they get their money from

again don't think its the same as what saban got meaning they turned the team over to him. IMO Texas is going handcuff strong $$$ remember where they get their money from

I don't understand what any of that means. You think the boosters are going to will Strong into losing because they're racist? They'd welcome Buckwheat as HC if the guy wins football games.

Advertisement
You think TX will try to get rid of him after this year? 9 kids thrown off team 12 kids suspended and getting his *** whooped all year ?

Are you stupid? Charlie Strong is a very good Coach. Texas will be rolling very soon.

Texas didn't hire a quarter pound Sh*t Sammage like Miami did when they hired Alfred Golden.

I think Strong is good too just don't think TX will give him the time he needs, this is a rich school with a lot of those booster with Oil money will demand to win by next year you watch

I could see him getting rich rodded at Texas

Texas will be the 1st to give schollies and pay $10k per year to players. He will get the talent in no time.

I don't understand what any of that means. You think the boosters are going to will Strong into losing because they're racist? They'd welcome Buckwheat as HC if the guy wins football games.

Means booster will not allow for somebody to come and change the way they think. Booster kids will not be left out because they have entitlements. They can afford to buy him out after next year if he looses like this year again. He has know qb at all , unless he gets a great Juco qb he if ****ed.

Advertisement
Novel idea Strong gets a pretty big win his 1st year... Lets see how he builds on that.

Strong has already beaten a team that none of Folden's teams would have beaten. This year's wvu team would have whipped any of Folden's teams over his 4 years here. I wouldn't be surprised to see him give TCU fits in a couple weeks.

Strong has already beaten a team that none of Folden's teams would have beaten. This year's wvu team would have whipped any of Folden's teams over his 4 years here. I wouldn't be surprised to see him give TCU fits in a couple weeks.

TCU will beat Texas easily

He's a defensive coach and has already got the defense turned around and moving in the right direction. It's only taken Golden 4 years to finally turn the corner.

Advertisement

He's a defensive coach and has already got the defense turned around and moving in the right direction. It's only taken Golden 4 years to finally turn the corner.

Has El Foldo's defense actually turned the corner, or have his defensive stats been inflated due to lining up against drek in 6 of the 9 games UM has played so far this season?

Has El Foldo's defense actually turned the corner, or have his defensive stats been inflated due to lining up against drek in 6 of the 9 games UM has played so far this season?

The answer to that question lies in the world of Jizzbo Fisher.

Yezzir. If we sit back and play passively on defense, Jimbob's club will slice and dice us like they are using a Ginsu knife. If we attack on defense, we can limit that offense and probably hit that sociopath enough to give him the yips. While their receiving corp is young, Green is a great player who can hurt us. I am more concerned with Nick O'Leary than I am with any of their other weapons. Can we stop a great receiving TE? As far as their running game is concerned, Karlos Williams is one of the worst backs can remember at F$U. If **** is out, that will really hamper their running game.

Advertisement

Agree, we shut down what had been a very good UNC offense, but this week is the key. If we go back to being passive and playing 20 yds off the line we get torched and blown out. If Golden realizes our CB's can handle R. Greene and we stick to being aggressive we are right in the game. I've been burned by Gorlden too many times to not be skeptical, but I'm hoping with everything I've got that we come out and try to take it to Jameis.

Means booster will not allow for somebody to come and change the way they think. Booster kids will not be left out because they have entitlements. They can afford to buy him out after next year if he looses like this year again. He has know qb at all , unless he gets a great Juco qb he if ****ed.

I still can't understand what your point is.

Anyway, attrition is always high in programs when there's a new sherriff in town after many years of a country club atmosphere. Not surprised many kids have been kicked out or transferred. This happens a lot. Strong has proven he can recruit and can coach based on every stop he's made so far. He has the pick of the litter in TX and his turn around time should not be that long. The only thing I can agree with you is fans' patience - this ain't Louisville. If he isn't showing signs of turn around next year or the year after, then his seat will start to get toasty. It doesn't help that his QB sucks, though.

Advertisement
Back