Canes Transfer Portal Tracker

Here's my hope to who leaves:
Zion and Denis to get to 85.

Next 8 for transfer portal spots: Redding,Kirk, Gore, Campbell, Chase Smith, Balom, Kaleb Spencer, Freeney

If we get Zandamela trade Ryan Rod for him.
Spencer just got here. I know that doesn't mean much anymore but unless Spencer wants out because he doesn't see pt in his future, Mario sure as heck isn't going to process him. Not yet.

And we can't afford to lose Freeney because we're too thin. Gore is at another guy at a position of need that we may need to hold on to for another year. We would need 2 DTs if Gore left. Campbell I agree with.
Kelly
J.Brown
Citizen
Sagapulo
Redding
Kirk
Chase Smith
Balom
Zion
Denis
Campbell
Robby Washington(Don't want this but have a gut feeling)
Bobby Washington(See above)

That's 13 which brings us down to 78 so we would have room for 7. I don't want to see the Washington brothers leave but I've got a guy feeling they are gone. Hope I'm wrong. So with that 7 we can go get

RB
DT
CB
Safety
WR
DE
Center(The kid from USC is too good to pass up.)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Spencer just got here. I know that doesn't mean much anymore but unless Spencer wants out because he doesn't see pt in his future, Mario sure as heck isn't going to process him. Not yet.

And we can't afford to lose Freeney because we're too thin. Gore is at another guy at a position of need that we may need to hold on to for another year. We would need 2 DTs if Gore left. Campbell I agree with.
Kelly
J.Brown
Citizen
Sagapulo
Redding
Kirk
Chase Smith
Balom
Zion
Denis
Campbell

That's 13 which brings us down to 78 so we would have room for 7. I don't want to see the Washington brothers leave but I've got a guy feeling they are gone. Hope I'm wrong. So with that 7 we can go get

RB
DT
CB
Safety
WR
DE

Canes Connection just posted a video with the Washington twins yesterday so it doesn’t look like they’re leaving

redding is not likely to leave given he just was ordained into Iron Arrow, right @TheOriginalCane ? Kirk actually had a very good Spring game

Yeah, as per usual, we have PlayStation All-Americans making roster moves by looking only at the stats sheets. And that's not a personal insult, it's just a reflection that I think these "thoughts" should be more private and less public. Preferably DMs, not in threads.

Redding is a leader, even if his stats are not huge. He's not going anywhere unless he chooses to do so himself, which I believe is highly unlikely.

These players are human beings and they are students. Most of them are going to graduate soon, or be VERY close. So let's allow the process to play out instead of making indiscriminate "dream-cut" lists.

I realize I have strong feelings on this subject. I was classmates with some of UM's greatest players, from the mid-80s to the early-90s. I tutored many of them. I lived in the dorms with them and spent time with them. They all want to succeed, but not all do, and sometimes there are other issues that intervene, such as injuries. I root for every UM athlete to succeed, even if success comes later in life.

I remember this one guy, went on academic probation and also got injured in his first year. Then he ended up getting beaten out by some converted tight end from Apopka. I wonder what ever happened to that Dewey kid...

Last edited:
Yeah, as per usual, we have PlayStation All-Americans making roster moves by looking only at the stats sheets. And that's not a personal insult, it's just a reflection that I think these "thoughts" should be more private and less public. Preferably DMs, not in threads.

Redding is a leader, even if his stats are not huge. He's not going anywhere unless he chooses to do so himself, which I believe is highly unlikely.

These players are human beings and they are students. Most of them are going to graduate soon, or be VERY close. So let's allow the process to play out instead of making indiscriminate "dream-cut" lists.

I realize I have strong feelings on this subject. I was classmates with some of UM's greatest players, from the mid-80s to the early-90s. I tutored many of them. I lived in the dorms with them and spent time with them. They all want to succeed, but not all do, and sometimes there are other issues that intervene, such as injuries. I root for every UM athlete to succeed, even if success comes later in life.

I remember this one guy, went on academic probation and also got injured in his first year. Then he ended up getting beaten out by some converted tight end from Apopka. I wonder what ever happened to that Dewey kid...

this post should be required reading for all members of this prestigious forum.

by the way, he's done OK for himself. had only seven bucks at one point, might have some more now

Advertisement
That's good to hear. He was all over the place his first couple of years. Used to wear a ***** pack...
Good stuff, I was watching an interview with his ex wife Dany Garcia the other day and she was talking about how they met at UM. Said he screamed charisma even back then. Love hearing those "before they were famous" type stories.

Advertisement

Kelly
J.Brown
Citizen
Sagapulo
Redding
Kirk
Chase Smith
Balom
Zion
Denis
Campbell

RB
DT
CB
Safety
WR
DE
Why would Chase Smith transfer out or be cut?

Advertisement

I understand your sentiment on discussing this publicly. Once upon a time, I shared it. That time is no longer here though. Everything is public & right or wrong, little is off-topic. We can still have tact though.

My opinion..

College football is a business. We are shareholders in our specific company. Our opinions (while mattering little) can be shared. The moment they became paid athletes is the moment they gave up private student lives. Can’t have it both ways.

Mario Cristobal isn’t paid 80 million to worry about Reddings feelings. He’s paid 80 million to upgrade from Redding while navigating the slippery slope of locker room moral & his credibility with athletes families… all while putting out the best roster possible.

Tough juggling act which he’s paid handsomely for.

No excuses. Get it done.

Truth teller

I understand your sentiment on discussing this publicly. Once upon a time, I shared it. That time is no longer here though. Everything is public & right or wrong, little is off-topic. We can still have tact though.

My opinion..

College football is a business. We are shareholders in our specific company. Our opinions (while mattering little) can be shared. The moment they became paid athletes is the moment they gave up private student lives. Can’t have it both ways.

Mario Cristobal isn’t paid 80 million to worry about Reddings feelings. He’s paid 80 million to upgrade from Redding while navigating the slippery slope of locker room moral & his credibility with athletes families… all while putting out the best roster possible.

Tough juggling act which he’s paid handsomely for.

No excuses. Get it done.

I think both of these opinions can be (and are) true.

Advertisement
Wait Goodbye GIF by Silicon Valley

I'm eager to see who stays and who goes, but I'm also thinking some of the departures will be quiet. For example, when spring started, Chris Washington just wasn't there. Was there ever a report or announcement?
For some of the guys who did not play in the spring game (e.g., Balom, Denis), maybe fall camp starts and they're quietly gone.
In any case, we need about 8 more scholarships to open up if we're going to bring in 5 guys.

Advertisement
Back