Brashard Smith

Buddy was out there faking handoffs to the left, and the RB was going right.
Confused Biden GIF by Luis Ricardo

Advertisement
Where the **** is he?! I think he was targeted ONCE all night.

For as bad as TVD has been, Dawson hasn’t been much better. This offense is a slow laborious slog with no creativity or no new wrinkles or packages. Why not have B Smith run some wildcat or take some snaps at RB? Something new that no one has seen on film. Literally anything to get some juice and momentum going. Put the ball in the hands of your playmakers!

Instead, it’s the same 2 or 3 run plays over and over and the same bad throws by TVD, all being run at an insanely slow place. Sorry, but I’m not impressed with Dawson.
I feel the same way, with the exception that I believe this is Mario’s doing.

I watched several YouTube post-game. Some of people claiming to know Dawson directly or through a friend. What they all said is that Dawson has never ran an offense like this in his entire career.

I believe this is Mario putting his hands on the offense. I don't think he's telling Dawson which plays to call, but I do believe he is asserting what he wants in the game plan. A risk adverse offense with a lot of runs and a minimalistic passing game with max protection. On short yardage, I don't know if he tells Dawson to call a running play or not.

I don't believe Dawson is creating the game plans himself without Mario’s input.

What really irritates me is that NC State could scheme to get the ball to their most explosive player who is a true freshman, bit we don't do it even for our experienced explosive players in Brashard and Colby.

Nobody is asking Mario the tough questions about the offense philosophy, scheme, and personnel usage. When I listened to his post-game presser, I turned it off 2 minutes in.

Mario is trying to build an early Alabama program where it was a power running offense with a passing game sprinkled in. It's just so obvious to me. We are a slow plodding team. We didn't even have a 2-minute offense. This is all Mario. I believe it's his vision. If it isn't, then it's still on him because he should be telling the OC the current offense is not what he wants. However, we are getting is exactly what he wants. All he sees is that the turnovers are costing us games. I believe he thinks without the turnovers, the offense is just fine.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I feel the same way, with the exception that I believe this is Mario’s doing.

I watched several YouTube post-game. Some of people claiming to know Dawson directly or through a friend. What they all said is thst Dawson has never run an offense like this in his entire career.

I believe this is Mario putting his hands on the offense. I don't think he's telling Dawson which plays to call, but I do believe he is asserting what he wants in the game plan. A risk adverse offense with a lot of runs and a minimalistic passing game with max protection. On short yardage, I don't know if tells Dawson to call a running play or not.

I don't believe Dawson is creating the game plans himself.

What really irritates me is that NC State could scheme to get the ball to their most explosive player who is a true freshman, bit we don't do it even for our experienced explosive players in Brashard and Colby.

Nobody is asking Mario the tough questions about the offense philosophy, scheme, and personnel usage. When I listened to his post-game presser, I turned it off 2 minutes in.

Mario is trying to build an early Alabama program where it was a power running offense with a passing game sprinkled in. It's just so obvious to me. We are a slow plodding team. We didn't even have a 2-minute offense. This is all Mario. I believe it's his vision. If it isn't, then it's still on him because he should be telling the OC the current offense is not what he wants. However, we are getting is exactly what he wants. All he sees is that the turnovers are costing us games. I believe he thinks without the turnovers, the offense is just fine.
I’ve watched paint dry with more urgency and intensity than our 2 minute offense. The only time we saw it was at the end of the 1st half vs A&M - and then it vanished.

Remember that wheel route lashlee used to run for rooster? Remember that texas route rooster scored on vs fsu? Thats how u get your playmaker the ball creatively

U dont need to read a defense to do that..We threw screens to other guys why not put brashard there? He broke our biggest run vs clemson, why not put him at rb?

We just needed a few big plays like nc state manufactured and we couldn’t get it

Advertisement
They wonder why a WR would tell recruits don’t come here lol.

B.Smith has been one of the few bright spot on offense recently. But you just stop giving him the ball?

What a **** show Mario is..

And some how he still gets HS recruits to buy the bs he selling
I don't get it man. I swear it feels like Mario really don't wanna win.

Only prayer we have against FSU is bro ball…With a mix of J.Brown, B.Smith and Parrish. This has to be the game plan.

We have a scared to death basket case at QB…. He's Chuck Knoblach right now.

Bro ball only option (only reason we won Clem/VA games)

70-30 run/pass split
AT LEAST 15 rushes Jacurri Brown
At least 7 touches run/catch Brashard Smith
70/30 workload split with Fletcher/Parrish (Parrish had a real burst when he came in briefly last night)
**** I said the Chuck Knoblach thing after the game as well

He broke our biggest run vs clemson, why not put him at rb?
This...

**** even Parrish had a burst, would have liked to see more of him than a couple plays.

Don't get me wrong, we need the ground and pound now. And Fletcher looks very good in that role. But it's like Dawson can't do two things at once (for instance we need at least 10-15 Jacurri Brown snaps vs. FSU…Won't happen because of tunnel vision)

Advertisement
Were going to watch guys like Jeramiah Smith go dominate elsewhere and think were only a player away. But no. They wouldnt get that kind of production here. We need to stop looking at what we dont have, and utilize the players that we do have. Its not always about the recruiting misses. These guys go to teams that know how to put them in position to make plays. Why can we not do the same? Wed be crying about Breshard killing it elsewhere. He came to play for the butcher, and now hes expendable and wel replace him. With the right coach, hed be tearing up Fsu this weekend. But instead, hel be in the dog house and wel be playing not to lose.

I don't get it man. I swear it feels like Mario really don't wanna win.

It feels like he knows he’s here for 10 years and is coaching to prove his way of doing it week in and week out and the outcome of the game doesn’t necessarily matter over the point he’s trying to make.

Advertisement
we NEVER know what's going on with players behind the scene... lazy, late to practice or missing it, yelling at coaches &/or players, can't learn the playbook, injured, etc.. I can think of several "can't miss" transfers out that fit the above description.

I thought he was unavailable, until his kick return, and then wondered why he never got the ball. H should touch the ball at least once every 4 plays. The other teams don't shy away from getting the ball to their best weapons. We do.

Advertisement
Back