Brad Kaaya, Oh Sweet Lord, Brad Kaaya

He didn't have monster numbers last night but I loved his decision making. He could have easily had a TD + 98 more yards to his stats if Dorsett had just looked for the ball on that one play.

Advertisement
On that throw to Duke on third down, he even takes a look at the number one option on the play (I think it was Dorsett) before checking down to Duke and making that ballsy throw to convert a third and long.

Kid is special.

Even the most optimistic of us that said "start the freshman against Louisville because it will pay off down the road" didn't envision it paying of this much this quickly.

He gets better every single week (and Coley as well)

What you're seeing is a kid starting to get really confident in his play and they are allowing him to check down and take control on the field. They ran really nice combo routes last night. That will continue.

This kid is going to be something to watch over the next couple of years. The leap he's going to make from this year to next is going to be off the charts.

Advertisement
Scary thing is I believe he has barely scratched the surface of his physical ability. I can't wait to see him go through his first off-season strength and conditioning program...

Scary thing is I believe he has barely scratched the surface of his physical ability. I can't wait to see him go through his first off-season strength and conditioning program...

The guy averaged a 5.51 40 yard dash in camp. Don't pretend he is something he's not.

If someone that never watched a Miami game this year watched last night, you would have had a hard time convincing them he is a true freshman.

Advertisement
That throw to dorsett was anticipated so well that PD4 had no idea the ball was on its way.

He's so smart for his age he's beyond mature........... he's Gonna be a absolute beast next year after spending an entire off season getting more familiar with the playbook. That's why he plays so well now he has the field knowledge of ab
junior. I'm calling it now he'll be up for those qb awards next year.

Brad's accuracy, poise, and command of the game are outstanding. His arm strength is better than I thought as well. Seeing his HS films I thought he'd be a good one, but he's blown up the high expectations I had for him.

I really liked our offensive identity last night i.e., get the ball to your best player and one of the best players in the country as many ways as possible and much as possible, so I'll give Coley credit. I hope he'll stick with it going forward.
That is the potential this offense has when the defense gets off the field. Run Run Run, burn you with a variety of options in the passing game... Fun to watch last night.

Advertisement

The guy averaged a 5.51 40 yard dash in camp. Don't pretend he is something he's not.

I didn't realize I said he would be RG3 or Cam Newton...

Yeah, I think K9 is talking more about him adding some muscle, increasing his arm strength, etc.

He can pack on some lower body strength, get that core training going, just become a more explosive athlete over all and work on his mechanics and all that good **** to increase his velocity and make himself harder to bring down, and much more durable.

I'm not expecting him to show up looking like a VT Mike Vick, but the extra time in the weight room will still help his game, even if he is a statue.

I didn't realize I said he would be RG3 or Cam Newton...

Yeah, I think K9 is talking more about him adding some muscle, increasing his arm strength, etc.

He can pack on some lower body strength, get that core training going, just become a more explosive athlete over all and work on his mechanics and all that good **** to increase his velocity and make himself harder to bring down, and much more durable.

I'm not expecting him to show up looking like a VT Mike Vick, but the extra time in the weight room will still help his game, even if he is a statue.

Exactly, I think we'll see more zip on his intermediate passes next season and it was reported he lost like 20-some-odd pounds in a short time at UM. He'll never be Usain Bolt out there...

Couple things I liked

1. Kaaya seems like he is getting more comfortable each week.

2. Protected the ball!!! Didn't force anything

3. OL has improved an deserves credit. I don't think he was sacked once last night.

4. VT has a good secondary but against teams that don't running the ball the way we are right now is going to open up the passing game.

Advertisement
Couple things I liked

1. Kaaya seems like he is getting more comfortable each week.

2. Protected the ball!!! Didn't force anything

3. OL has improved an deserves credit. I don't think he was sacked once last night.

4. VT has a good secondary but against teams that don't running the ball the way we are right now is going to open up the passing game.

Agreed. There was one particular play inside the 10 on 3rd down where he stepped up in the pocket and sailed the ball out of the back of the endzone. The replay showed that there was very good coverage. It's a play that showed maturity despite ending up as an incompletion.

Kid seems to have it, whatever it is. But, he still has a ways to go to become an elite QB.

At first I thought you must be trolling but Brad Kaaya is a legitimate Heisman candidate in the next year or two. Yep.

Advertisement
Back