Al Golden is a young Nick Saban, recruiting expert says

Advertisement
Miami nights say the investigation and negative recruiting is no excuse. Golden should be bringing in #1 classes.

Advertisement
nites never trashed the old regime I dont understand the hate for AG. If we win the ACC he would still find a negative. Cant wait to see what he says when we win a bcs game.

If he trashed the old regime the way he does AG than I would say ok the guy hates every UM coach and it eould be ok because its consistent.

Mike Mayock gave Al some love during the senior bowl game coverage after a Mike James catch. Respect for Golden is insane.

I believe Mayock is a Philly guy. He knows more than anyone how amazing a job it was by Golden to turn that Temple program around.

Advertisement
The idea of the term recruiting expert and Lemming being synonymous just blows my mind....."..

You mean, the same Tom Lemming who INVENTED recruiting coverage? Who's on the Board of Directors at NCSA, the largest recruiting firm pairing athletes with college programs in the country? The same Tom Lemming who has his own tv show on CBS Sports Network, who's written recruiting articles for ESPN, Sporting News, and USA Today? The same Tom Lemming who's on the US Army All-American Bowl Selection Committee? Self-made millionaire, Tom Lemming?

Yeah, I agree. There's no possible way this guy knows what he's talking about and being a central figure in college football recruiting is absolutely , without a doubt, the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of in this business.

And to imagine some hated this hire of Alfred James Golden after that egomaniac Jon Gruden ****-teased UM( luckiest thing ever to happen to this program).

We're lucky to have this guy. He'll be successful wherever he goes, IMO. Maybe Im just a blind homer, but I think he's our best CEO since Jimmy Johnson(but with perhaps better sense to know where he's happy)

It will be a sad day for me when he decides to leave this program for another opportunity. I just hope it's after a few 'chips

http://floridastate.247sports.com/Board/36/Ill-just-leave-this-here-16197808

"Really? Yeah because he stole so much talent out of the Miami area....every highly rated recruit Miami has gotten since Golden has been there has come out of the Miami area. Urban and Saban take recruits from all over the south and country.

Let's take a look at every 4* or better recruit Golden got last year, easily his best class to date:
Deion Bush - Dade
Jelani Hamilton - Broward
Ereck Flowers - Dade
Tracy Howard - Broward
Duke Johnson - Dade
Malcolm Lewis - Broward
Herb Waters - Dade
Tyriq McCord - Tampa
Robert Lockhart - VA except he's from south FL
Raphael Kirby - Stone Mountain, GA

They get hardly any talent from anywhere outside of Miami. Yeah, Miami has a lot of talent but guess what....the SEC didn't get dominant off Dade county talent

. There's a lot more parity now in CFB and Miami can't expect to rely on only being successful recruiting that area anymore....well, if they could get literally every top recruit from Dade/Broward then they could; however, that's not the case and that will never happen again based on how recruiting has changed so much since the days they were able to handpick any Miami kid. It has nothing to do with Golden. The recruits Golden is more responsible for are the 2*s and 3*s that he stole from Temple. The recruits listed above went to Miami because it's Miami, because UF/FSU stopped pursuing them, or because Miami's depth chart currently looks awesome since they have no depth."

"Bill O'Brien has done more with a much worse situation in his first season than AG has done with Miami in his 2 years. What has Golden had to deal with about these sanctions outside of telling kids they aren't a big deal? And the Miami die-hards like Duke Johnson and Deion Bush will commit regardless of looming sanctions because they were always going to be a Cane. Sanctions didn't matter to them."

"What Golden did at Temple is SO oversold. Temple had the most resources and best talent base in the MAC and he never won it outright."

Oh they mad

Advertisement
"They were pounding away at Miami — particularly Florida and Florida State. They tried to smear the school to players and it worked on some kids. In recruiting, there is no loyalty. There is no fairness. It's all about acquiring as much talent as possible. If a school has any kind of little thing — and this is a big thing — they will definitely use it against Miami."

Wonder how James Coley had to do with this.

Advertisement
Big time national recruiting will come with wins. Until then I'll take dominating SFL and adding guys like AQM, Kevin Olsen, Beau Sandland, and Raphael Kirby.

Big time national recruiting will come with wins. Until then I'll take dominating SFL and adding guys like AQM, Kevin Olsen, Beau Sandland, and Raphael Kirby.

all 4 of those OOS guys you just listed, any team in America would take them. Lets throw in Eddie Johnson, who is from Selma, Alabama.

Yea I was being slightly facetious. ;)

Didn't even include the OOS evals like Eddie, Gunter, Jontavious, Bond, Gall, and Dobard.

Advertisement
Back